Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

Hearing some rumors that Lavert Hill might be de committing from Penn State.

I believe a week ago he said hes 100% committed to PSU. I thought we might get the Hayes flip and not hill. Id like to get 1/2 anyhow. I need to fire off an email to Deweaver and have him contact those guys. :rush:

thinking July for Corley now, I'd guess Hill pops then too. Hill was on campus again yesterday for the 1 day elite camp, didn't work out because he's still committed to PSU. He said he just wanted to hang out with his friends but he was playing catch with Darqueze on the sideline and talking to him for a while. that should be a matter of time, he popped to PSU before we offered, he'll be green. surprising that Lavert's brother is a player at Michigan and you never hear them mentioned as a contender

Hill had a lot if great things to say about MSU yesterday. Also sai he and Corley have dreamed of playing together. Sounds like Corley is recruiting him to MSU hard.

I'm hearing a lot of chatter that Kareem is going to pick Michigan later this month. this isn't a case of MSU cooling on him or us being full on the D line, it's his choice. I think really he views the other DL commits as competition as opposed to a potential dominant line. He and his dad have said that they don't want him to red shirt and early playing time is a factor, that might not happen here given what we have in the fold already. sometimes situations just don't work out for a player, too bad because he liked MSU early and his dad pulled the plug

I'm hearing a lot of chatter that Kareem is going to pick Michigan later this month. this isn't a case of MSU cooling on him or us being full on the D line, it's his choice. I think really he views the other DL commits as competition as opposed to a potential dominant line. He and his dad have said that they don't want him to red shirt and early playing time is a factor, that might not happen here given what we have in the fold already. sometimes situations just don't work out for a player, too bad because he liked MSU early and his dad pulled the plug

That's the buzz, but he still might pick MSU. He seems like a good player and may end up playing inside in college. We can't land all of them.

Any Buzz involving a recruit to UM though is so hard to interpret as they have the biggest group of homers around that program and they predict every good recruit is going there, in the mean time Harbaugh just got commits from a 2 star and 2 three stars and he's got another 2 star and another low 3 star about to commit too.

Last edited:
When someone decommits they arent coming back and I was quite certain of that when he flaked. MAybe he and Swanigan have become facebook buddies or something. fuckem

Last edited:
When someone decommits they arent coming back and I was quite certain of that when he flaked. MAybe he and Swanigan have become facebook buddies or something. fuckem

a little different since Kareem was only a commit for a moment and it was way early. I guess they just got back from Alabama, his dad gave him his blessing if he wants to go out of state. it might be a compromise though if you want early playing time Alabama isn't the place

a little different since Kareem was only a commit for a moment and it was way early. I guess they just got back from Alabama, his dad gave him his blessing if he wants to go out of state. it might be a compromise though if you want early playing time Alabama isn't the place

He went to NC State as well for a visit and 1 other school. 3 schools in 3 days including Alabama. I dont feel the hurt given weve scooped up enough firepower without him. Id laugh if he went to Alabama though, like you said it wouldnt be his place for playing time.

He went to NC State as well for a visit and 1 other school. 3 schools in 3 days including Alabama. I dont feel the hurt given weve scooped up enough firepower without him. Id laugh if he went to Alabama though, like you said it wouldnt be his place for playing time.
The big question with his recruitment and msu is does he view the DL we've picked up as a good thing or a bad thing for him?

Trishton Jackson commits. 6-3, 195 lb athlete who wowed the coaches at the camp this week an ran a 4.41 forty. Coaches like him at DB or WR, but has the frame to play LB. 4 star on Scout, just under 4 star composite.

Was truly dominant this weekend and opened a lot of eyes.

He's a very good basketball player with d1 offers as well. He's played qb for the majority of his career as well.

Donnie Corley and his dad pushed really hard for Jackson to get an offer and to commit. Also, Jackson is best friends with Khalid Kareem.

Jackson has not actually announced yet, but that's coming today. Corley is still a silent commit.

Jackson makes it official, he's a Spartan.

The kid was the 1st player off the lips of anyone who watched the SMSB camp this weekend, he was spectacular and to some looked better than Peoples-Jones or Binjimen Victor.

"The guy who made the most money on this day was West Bloomfield’s Trishton Jackson. On Friday nights, Jackson’s coach just cut out the middleman and snapped the football to his best player Jackson, who is a terrific playmaker at the quarterback position. At Sound Mind Sound Body Jackson proved he’s natural catching the football and his speed is evident. Iowa fell in love at SMSB and offered. Pittsburgh extended a scholarship the week before. Jackson could blow up, and he could be a flat stud on the next level."

He's a legit 6-3, maybe taller and a smooth and natural athlete. If he gets to go to some more high profile camps his stock is going to soar this summer.

Khalid Kareem has tried to commit to MSU 3 times, his dad has stopped him 3 times, I think that he picks UM tomorrow, maybe they're offering his dad a 6 figure payday as a hall monitor or something. It's a Malik McDowell situation, the kid really wants to be a Spartan, too bad that he'll have to get his ass kicked by the Spartans for 4 years instead.

The arrogant douchiness of being a Wolverine just didn't appeal to Kareem, but his dad apparently has the final say.

Last edited:
Khalid Kareem has tried to commit to MSU 3 times, his dad has stopped him 3 times, I think that he picks UM tomorrow, maybe they're offering his dad a 6 figure payday as a hall monitor or something. It's a Malik McDowell situation, the kid really wants to be a Spartan, too bad that he'll have to get his ass kicked by the Spartans for 4 years instead.

The arrogant douchiness of being a Wolverine just didn't appeal to Kareem, but his dad apparently has the final say.

from what I understand it's Michigan or Bama. I think he looked at King and Robertson as being negatives vs positives, though if he picks bama that kind of throws that idea out the window.

We picked up kicker Matt Coghlin from Cincinnatti on a Gray Shirt offer. Huge leg.

Word is Nordin is either UM or PSU. Was hoping wed get him but oh well.

Coghlin is really good too. Kicks it well out of the end zone on kickoffs from the 40. Hit 5 FGs in the state semis game including 1 from 54. He has a very big leg.

He earned his Gray Shirt offer by kicking several over 50 in camp while under simulated pressure. Kicked a 53 yarder while coaches tried to block it by holding barrels over their head to simulate a defender leaping. He's one of the top kickers in the country and plays for a juggernaut program we have a good history with.

Last edited:
Back