Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFC Championship Playoff Game: Lions @ 49ers Thread

We also need a whole lot of help on defense. We need to tackle better. Espically against running qb?s. We need Linebacker, couple of corners and an edge rusher to start.

I'm coping by not listening to any talk radio or network commentary, no video links from me this week or next. the season is over. maybe next year. now do we have to worry about Ben Johnson taking a bunch of assistant coaches with him? I really don't want to see a high rate of assistant coaches leaving also. I guess same for Glenn but aren't there only two teams left now that haven't hired a new coach yet? hell Washington rumor aside maybe we don't end up losing any at all. ?

Yes I think you are right. Ben is the leading candidate for Washington.

I'm coping by not listening to any talk radio or network commentary, no video links from me this week or next. the season is over. maybe next year. now do we have to worry about Ben Johnson taking a bunch of assistant coaches with him? I really don't want to see a high rate of assistant coaches leaving also. I guess same for Glenn but aren't there only two teams left now that haven't hired a new coach yet? hell Washington rumor aside maybe we don't end up losing any at all. ?

I think Lions can replace Ben Johnson with running game coordinator Scottie Montgomery and passing game coordinator Tannor Engrstrand. If they give to Engrstand, will we get the genius play calls at the right time is the question. Fraley still here as Oline coach too. Offense loaded with talent but we'll see

Defense another pass rusher and revamp the secondary. Campbell and AA not being thumpers hurts for sure, just overall solid for both. Well Campbell needs to improve

I wasn't on line yesterday. What is everyone's thought on Goff's performance in the 2nd half? If he plays a little better, they might win. He was only 3-10 for 45 yards before the last drive.

Did you not watch the game? Goff played fine. His pass catchers let him down. Horrible drops

I think Lions can replace Ben Johnson with running game coordinator Scottie Montgomery and passing game coordinator Tannor Engrstrand. If they give to Engrstand, will we get the genius play calls at the right time is the question. Fraley still here as Oline coach too. Offense loaded with talent but we'll see

Defense another pass rusher and revamp the secondary. Campbell and AA not being thumpers hurts for sure, just overall solid for both. Well Campbell needs to improve

Most people feel Fraley will follow Ben to Washington

The lions did score 31 points. Offensive issues aside in the second half. The defense is this teams real weakness.

Did you not watch the game? Goff played fine. His pass catchers let him down. Horrible drops

We were having a get together so I wasn't watching very closely. I heard about the one drop by Reynolds. I was just looking at the game log and noticed that Goff went 3 for 10 with 45 yards during the 49ers 27-0 run. Maybe it was play calling and not Goff.

To be fair Goff played great. But he did miss a few throws. Gibbs was wide open in the end zone he sailed his throw. I think this was before half. But I agree with you the drop passes started the downfall. Other than a few passes Goff played great. Again I wish he had some escape- ability but he doesn?t. Goff played great.

Lions 2024 teams they play 9 home games and 8 road games. My guess is they will make Detroit play a home game in Europe.
Hope not.

https://fbschedules.com/2024-detroit-lions-schedule/

Times to be determined.

Home schedule
Rams
Seattle
Jacksonville
Tampa Bay
Buffalo
Bears
Green Bay
Minnesota
Tennessee

Away Games
Arizona
Houston
Indy
SF
Dallas
Minnesota
Green Bay
Chicago

Last edited:
Adam Schefter

I just saw something the bottom of the espn ticker. While Ben Johnson is front runner in Washington it?s not a fore gone conclusion he will be hired. Dan Quinn is still a Candidate in the Seattle job. There are only 2 jobs left. I think Ben is going to Washington but who knows.

Dan did mess up at the end. You have to keep your 3 timeouts no matter what.
Onside kicks just don?t get recovered anymore.

To be fair Goff played great. But he did miss a few throws. Gibbs was wide open in the end zone he sailed his throw. I think this was before half. But I agree with you the drop passes started the downfall. Other than a few passes Goff played great. Again I wish he had some escape- ability but he doesn?t. Goff played great.

Every QB misses throws.

I wasn't on line yesterday. What is everyone's thought on Goff's performance in the 2nd half? If he plays a little better, they might win. He was only 3-10 for 45 yards before the last drive.

He did enough to win. He needed help.

Will be interesting to see if they go ahead and give him a contract extension now. Will he be making $40+ million a year?

I agree Goff did enough to win. Hell the offense score 31 points . Although I think Ben gets too cute in the third quarter our first drive did get us in field goal range.

Thanks DC your defense cost the lions another game. I’m just not a fan of Johnson. He runs his mouth way too much for his production. I just saw he was waving to the crowd at half time . What a dummy.. I heard he had a real low grade for the game also.. Did any Lions defenders have a decent grade ?

Totally agree on CJ. It was a one year prove it deal. He didn't. Moving on hopefully.

same, he's too much of an X instigator, STFU and do your job! complained about splitting time when he came back and didn't do shit in the championship, move on please. don't want nor do we need him back.

Catching up after taking a couple days off to mentally recover from that complete fuck up on Sunday.

The time management at the end of the game was much worse of a mistake than the 4th down calls.

Don't need to Resign cjgj. Branch proved to be a better version of him. Kerby and iffy at S. Branch in slot.

DE or CB drafted in first round. Early targets would be kool aid mckinstry or chop Robinson.

Catching up after taking a couple days off to mentally recover from that complete fuck up on Sunday.

The time management at the end of the game was much worse of a mistake than the 4th down calls.

Don't need to Resign cjgj. Branch proved to be a better version of him. Kerby and iffy at S. Branch in slot.

DE or CB drafted in first round. Early targets would be kool aid mckinstry or chop Robinson.

Agree with everything there. That time out call was bad. Also doubt they get a 3 and out though too given how the game was going.

Plus drops and missed tackles and the fumble, not on the coaches fully (I'm sure they don't teach that). And Aiyuk one of luckiest catches I have ever seen

Back