Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFC Championship Playoff Game: Lions @ 49ers Thread

We have been especially patient and forbearing as fans to have waited this long for the ONE LEGITIMATE SHOT this franchise has ever had to appear in a Super Bowl. (I’ll contend that 1970 was almost a legit shot, but the Lions didn’t score in that first-round loss to Dallas, and it wasn’t the NFC Championship Game).

So when Campbell says “we don’t know if we’ll get back here” that’s stating the obvious. Not pertinent to the goal of “getting back there.”

What do I want him to say? I wouldn’t presume.

That 1970 still bugs me . Lions were so hot last five games going 5-0 to finish 10-4 and Claimed that first wildcard spot.
Points for and against were 347/202 to the cowboys 299/221. Lions were only five behind San Francisco 352 for the lead. Lions were 3 point favorites in Dallas and laid a freaking egg. Losing 5-0 . So frustrating just like the second half at SF.

Now they would have needed the Vikings to get beat because we couldn’t beat Minnesota and SF did in fact upset the Vikings in Minnesota 17-14.

Lions would have matched up well with Baltimore. During the five game winning streak they smacked the 49ers 28-7. Lions were
5-4 on a three game skid that included Dempsey 63 yard field goal.
Last five games
28-7 over Sf at home…..SF finished 10-3-1
28-14 over Oakland on thanksgiving trailing 14-0 .. Oakland finished 8-4-2
16-3 over St Louis . SL finished 8-5-1
28-23 over Los Angeles. Only road game last five. LA finished 9-4-1
20-0 over Green Bay. Only team with a losing record 6-8.

In the Super Bowl Baltimore only beat Dallas 16-13 on a last second field goal. I agree we let this one get away too.

AP Offensive Rookie of the Year
C.J. Stroud 48-2-0 = 246
Puka Nacua 2-48-0 = 154
Sam LaPorta 0-0-40 = 40
Jahmyr Gibbs 0-0-4 = 4
Bijan Robinson 0-0-3 = 3
Zay Flowers 0-0-1 = 1
Jayden Reed 0-0-1 = 1
Rashee Rice 0-0-1 = 1
* 1st place: 5 points
2nd place: 3 points
3rd place: 1 point