Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official Free Agency Signings

And we would never know how Lewan, Donald, OBJ would do in Detroit's scheme. Our luck they would have shredded a knee in training camp. And people would be like dammit Mayhew, why did you take this injury prone OBJ.

Once the decision is made, just hope you got a good player. The opportunity cost is crap. We could have gotten OBJ who got hurt and missed out on Van Noy or Swanson because we took a TE later. It's a complete unknown. By year 2 and 3 you know more. And then in some case you have Broyels who shreds a knee and achilles and slows himself down.

LKP's right ya know. You guys would be screaming bloody murder over Lewan because we just drafted LT the year before. And what if he couldn't beat out one of our RT's after year one?
Donald would have barely seen the field until Fairley got hurt. IF Fairley got hurt!!
And OBJ was hurt for the first 5 weeks I believe? You guys would have been on suicide watch because of it and he's basically a clone of Tate in comparison. It's never ending..

LKP's right ya know. You guys would be screaming bloody murder over Lewan because we just drafted LT the year before. And what if he couldn't beat out one of our RT's after year one?
Donald would have barely seen the field until Fairley got hurt. IF Fairley got hurt!!
And OBJ was hurt for the first 5 weeks I believe? You guys would have been on suicide watch because of it and he's basically a clone of Tate in comparison. It's never ending..

This is true...most of us will bitch about everything. I will say I didn't want Ebron. I wanted them to get Donald, Martin or a CB. I would have thrown a fit if they took Odell Beckham Jr. and I would have been dead wrong. I would have been OK with Lewan too. I really wanted them to trade back because it was a deep draft but it seems that Mayhew doesn't do that very often.

This is true...most of us will bitch about everything. I will say I didn't want Ebron. I wanted them to get Donald, Martin or a CB. I would have thrown a fit if they took Odell Beckham Jr. and I would have been dead wrong. I would have been OK with Lewan too. I really wanted them to trade back because it was a deep draft but it seems that Mayhew doesn't do that very often.

That's the beauty of it, brother!! We don't have a fkn clue!! lol. I wanted Gilbert and there's talks already that he might be traded out of town in Cleveland because he's a cancer and he's selfish.
And I wanted nothing to do with Donald because I thought they were retaining Suh. As a fanbase, we know jackshit.

Realistically, I wanted Gilbert or Lewan. Unrealistically, it was Watkins, Evans and Mack

Last edited:
That's the beauty of it, brother!! We don't have a fkn clue!! lol. I wanted Gilbert and there's talks already that he might be traded out of town in Cleveland because he's a cancer and he's selfish.
And I wanted nothing to do with Donald because I thought they were retaining Suh. As a fanbase, we know jackshit.

Realistically, I wanted Gilbert or Lewan. Unrealistically, it was Watkins, Evans and Mack

I wanted Denard......thought he would be worth the gamble of taking him that high.

He barely played in '14.

In NO way shape or form did I think OBJ would turn out to be that good. Nobody did.....not even the Giants.

Gilbert or lewan for me. And would have understood donald with suh/fairley contracts expiring. Ill never understand ebron.

Obv it's easy to look back and say Odell beckham jr. But weren't the Giants supposed to be the team to take ebron until we snatched him first? Just sayin.

Lewan/Donald in no order for me. I posted it about 50 fucking times so this is far from hindsight. Both made way too much sense. Again our GM is the smartest guy in the room.

Back