Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Offseason Deals and Rumors

Yikes. The home/away splits are ugly for CarGo. That said, I probably wouldn't complain a bit if we traded for CarGo (lefty power bat who would fill a corner OF spot... all current needs) or Tulo (All Star SS, who might be worth moving to 3B given his size, age, and injury history, which may mean moving Nick to corner OF if he wasn't part of the trade). The only things that would cause me to complain would be the price paid via trade.

Just to clarify, I am predicting the players they land, not what I want. I like Markakis but would be shocked if he didn't resign with O's.

Apparently the Mariners are going to be shopping Michael Saunders hard this offseason. I'd trade for him in a heartbeat to be Davis' platoon partner, his only problem has been his health, and making him a platoon guy might help him stay healthy more often.

Apparently the Mariners are going to be shopping Michael Saunders hard this offseason. I'd trade for him in a heartbeat to be Davis' platoon partner, his only problem has been his health, and making him a platoon guy might help him stay healthy more often.

It would have to be on the corners, he is an above average fielder there but below average in CF.

Dear god, only Soriano and ICHIRO to go with VMart? If that ends up actually being DD's offseason, he should get fired.

That`s the cost of all those big contracts. With those signings payroll would be close to 180 Million.

It would have to be on the corners, he is an above average fielder there but below average in CF.

Yup, thats where I want him (and Davis.) I really want a defensive whiz CF like JBJ. Im gonna be so fucking mad if DD goes out and signs Rasmus or does something equally stupid.

Yup, thats where I want him (and Davis.) I really want a defensive whiz CF like JBJ. Im gonna be so fucking mad if DD goes out and signs Rasmus or does something equally stupid.

I`d take Jennings over Jr though, more of an all around player. Would give the Tigers 3 OF's in Saunders/Jennings/Martinez that are capable of putting up a 3 WAR season for a combined price of under 10 million

So this year would have been the offseason Verlander would have hit free agency if he wasn`t extended 2 years early. He is owed 28 million a year the next 5 years. If they would have waited my guess is best he could do would be 5yrs and 100 Million on the market. This is why you don`t extend pitchers 2 years from free agency, could have saved 40 million at least

So this year would have been the offseason Verlander would have hit free agency if he wasn`t extended 2 years early. He is owed 28 million a year the next 5 years. If they would have waited my guess is best he could do would be 5yrs and 100 Million on the market. This is why you don`t extend pitchers 2 years from free agency, could have saved 40 million at least

Like we have with Scherzer?

If you have a chance to lock up the most dominate starting pitcher in the league, you do it. Has it worked out for us??? Maybe not.

I haven't heard anyone say we shouldn't have tried to sign Scherzer this past offseason. If we plan on staying a top tier franchise, we have to keep our top talent.

It's MLB. Players get paid on the past..that's not new. just the way it is.

Like we have with Scherzer?

If you have a chance to lock up the most dominate starting pitcher in the league, you do it. Has it worked out for us??? Maybe not.

I haven't heard anyone say we shouldn't have tried to sign Scherzer this past offseason. If we plan on staying a top tier franchise, we have to keep our top talent.

I didn't want them to sign Scherzer last off season. I didn't want them to extend Miggy or JV as early as they did either.

I didn't want them to sign Scherzer last off season. I didn't want them to extend Miggy or JV as early as they did either.
That's ludicrous. The problem has been stocking the farm with talent. You build your core, and go to the farm to solidify, and fine tune via FA. They have missed on the farm which has prevented them to fine tune.

Back