Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Offseason Deals and Rumors

I hate Gammons. He's such a Red Sox fanboy that you can't take anything he says seriously...

AL Central Notes: Tigers, Santana, Neshek, Viciedo
By Mark Polishuk [December 9, 2014 at 11:53pm CST]
A reunion between Max Scherzer and the Tigers is “not happening,” a club official tells Peter Gammons (via Twitter). What Detroit might do, however, is trade right-hander Rick Porcello to the Red Sox for a package of Yoenis Cespedes and Rubby De La Rosa. Rumors of a Porcello/Cespedes deal arose a few days ago but talks between the two sides were “not hot” according to Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald.

He also had some crap out there about Porcello and his dad building a house in Vermont, and how that means he wants to play in Boston now.

If anyone thinks Porcello for Cespool and AAAA Starter is a good trade, then I might have to form a lynch mob.

Last edited:
Looks like we are going after Sergio Romo. It looks like it is down to us and the Giants according to Twitter reports.

I hate Gammons. He's such a Red Sox fanboy that you can't take anything he says seriously...

AL Central Notes: Tigers, Santana, Neshek, Viciedo
By Mark Polishuk [December 9, 2014 at 11:53pm CST]
A reunion between Max Scherzer and the Tigers is ?not happening,? a club official tells Peter Gammons (via Twitter). What Detroit might do, however, is trade right-hander Rick Porcello to the Red Sox for a package of Yoenis Cespedes and Rubby De La Rosa. Rumors of a Porcello/Cespedes deal arose a few days ago but talks between the two sides were ?not hot? according to Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald.

He also had some crap out there about Porcello and his dad building a house in Vermont, and how that means he wants to play in Boston now.

I heard Gammons say the same thing in an interview on MLB radio this morning. He may be building a house for himself so he can move back to the east coast or he may just be building it for his dad. He does have a bunch of money!

Looks like we are going after Sergio Romo. It looks like it is down to us and the Giants according to Twitter reports.

DD needs to be fired if he does this.

He's covering up a dogshit bullpen by trying to sprinkle it with high priced glitter.

DD needs to be fired if he does this.

He's covering up a dogshit bullpen by trying to sprinkle it with high priced glitter.

We still need a LOOGY or two and instead we get another Righthanded closer type. Yup, blueprint for success.

I am glad we are out on Scherzer. No doubt the douche bag Scott Boras started that lie. Someone is gonna put for $200 million to him but not Detroit. That will be one of the worst contracts in baseball. Max still had problems with his arm slot on and off last year.

The guy scares the day lights out of me. I felt as if he could lose it at anytime and never get it back.

If anyone thinks Porcello for Cespool and AAAA Starter is a good trade, then I might have to form a lynch mob.

Porcello looked like a pitcher that turned the corner last year. No need to trade him. There are plenty of corner OF guys on the free agent market that may be able to be picked up at the tail end of the off seaon for next to nothing with a 1 or 2 year commitment

I am glad we are out on Scherzer. No doubt the douche bag Scott Boras started that lie. Someone is gonna put for $200 million to him but not Detroit. That will be one of the worst contracts in baseball. Max still had problems with his arm slot on and off last year.

The guy scares the day lights out of me. I felt as if he could lose it at anytime and never get it back.

No kidding! The Tigers already have two of the worst contracts in baseball...no need adding a third!

Jones would get ahold of Romo and ruin him... Or maybe its just the water in the Tigers bullpen :/

Luke Gregerson and Pat Neshek to Houston. Wanted Neshek for the Tigers bull pen. But that's water under the bridge now.

No kidding! The Tigers already have two of the worst contracts in baseball...no need adding a third!

You're the only one who thinks that about Cabrera's contract.

Chances are, he's still going to be putting up huge number by the end of it, and thus far he's been worth every penny.

I get you hate baseballs payroll, but sometimes you get way to anal about it. It's not 1985 TOM, players are going to get PAID and Cabrera deserves it more than anyone.

Back