Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Offseason Deals and Rumors

Rays have gone crazy and talking about trading Myers to SD. If he is traded no way Zobrist will be on that team opening day.

How nice would it be to have Zobrist as your super utility man on the tigers. Could get a ton of playing time around the diamond.

Zobrist in RF would be huge upgrade defensively. Heck, he would be even an upgrade at 2B, both offensively and defensively. Hence why it will never happen.

O's sign Wesley Wright. Relievers keep getting snatched up, and DD keeps sitting around with his thumbs up his butt.

Zobrist in RF would be huge upgrade defensively. Heck, he would be even an upgrade at 2B, both offensively and defensively. Hence why it will never happen.
I was thinking him getting 30 to 40 starts a piece at both 3rd and SS then filling out another 60 between 2nd and all 3 OF positions.

Not necessarily, we have a LOT of money coming off the books next year. We'll also have a lot of holes to fill though too. We'll see how it goes.

He was waiting for Brian Wilson to be designated for assignment. Now we can sign him to an epic deal.

Not necessarily, we have a LOT of money coming off the books next year. We'll also have a lot of holes to fill though too. We'll see how it goes.
They will be close to 120 million between

Cabrera
Verlander
Sanchez
Victor
Kinsler
JD
Iglesias

Will need to fill 2 rotation spots, probably 2 outfield spots, catcher, and almost an entire bullpen.

Will be tough

Maybe we can get Zobrist for Perez and Moya.

But honestly I can't see us getting Zobrist and having him be a backup when he's better then what we have starting at a few positions.

Maybe we can get Zobrist for Perez and Moya.

But honestly I can't see us getting Zobrist and having him be a backup when he's better then what we have starting at a few positions.
When I say super utility player I mean how he is used in tampa, or how the braves use to use infante. He gets 140 starts at 5 or 6 different positions. Essentially almost always in the lineup

This could be great, if only.....

As someone with arthritis, it is certainly controllable. Dry climates are the best.

I have degenerate arthritis all throughout my back and it sucks. Controllable is an overstatement. I would suspect, playing MLB..it has more effect. Just don't trade him to Seattle..I suspect the rain won't help.

I have degenerate arthritis all throughout my back and it sucks. Controllable is an overstatement. I would suspect, playing MLB..it has more effect. Just don't trade him to Seattle..I suspect the rain won't help.

Obviously there are varying degrees of arthritis. At age 30, I had a displaced fracture of my right ankle. 2 screws were put in and a year later removed. For years I experienced what the doctors called "traumatic" arthritis. There were days when my ankle would "lock up". However, most days I could run just fine. Even when there was a minor flare up, Motrin and local analgesic worked enough for me to "play".

Now, I have "normal" arthritis in hands and knees. And again Motrin and local analgesic work on those days.

Now, my Mother In-Law had rheumatoid arthritis and that was pretty much constant pain for her.

Without knowing the degree Kemp has arthritis is all speculation. Just because he has it doesn't mean the "kiss of death". He still could be better than any position player on our team not named Miguel or Victor.

Last edited:
Obviously there are varying degrees of arthritis. At age 30, I had a displaced fracture of my right ankle. 2 screws were put in and a year later removed. For years I experienced what the doctors called "traumatic" arthritis. There were days when my ankle would "lock up". However, most days I could run just fine. Even when there was a minor flare up, Motrin and local analgesic worked enough for me to "play".

Now, I have "normal" arthritis in hands and knees. And again Motrin and local analgesic work on those days.

Now, my Mother In-Law had rheumatoid arthritis and that was pretty much constant pain for her.

Without knowing the degree Kemp has arthritis is all speculation. Just because he has it doesn't mean the "kiss of death". He still could be better than any position player on our team not named Miguel or Victor.

yup..but the risk factor increases greatly...a 31 year old with a history of injury with arthritis in both hips and on the hook for 5 more years. It was enough to scare the Padres.

yup..but the risk factor increases greatly...a 31 year old with a history of injury with arthritis in both hips and on the hook for 5 more years. It was enough to scare the Padres.

It could work out great for the Padres though if it means LA restructures the trade to include more of Kemps salary.

LA needs the trade to happen, so basically this is good news for the Padres, they could get an .850 OPS quality defensive outfielder for peanuts.

Back