Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pirates @ Tigers 6-30-15 Game #76

Yeah, Verlander sucks, but let's face it, we weren't going to score any runs in this game off Cole anyhow.

28 m's for this and the next FOUR seasons. o my goodness this could make the Willis contract look good.

Yeah, Verlander sucks, but let's face it, we weren't going to score any runs in this game off Cole anyhow.

This kind of thinking grips me. You can not beat Cole now or at least stay with him,what makes you think you could in the series?

This kind of thinking grips me. You can not beat Cole now or at least stay with him,what makes you think you could in the series?

The only hope is to work Cole's pitch count and get him out of the game tied at 0 or 1. When I saw the pitching matchup I knew we had no chance tonight. Not sure why I'm even watching this one.

What makes you think he's nibbling?
Do you know anything about baseball or pitching?
or are you just here waiting and pouncing on Verlander not getting any close pitches and going through his spring training until after the all-star break?

When he was great he was getting the benefit of the doubt...probably getting strike calls that are borderline. That is how it works and has always worked. Miggy gets the benefit of doubt when he is at the plate because he is "Miggy"

I give credit when credit is due and will call out players when they aren't performing. I have no loyalty to individual players.

When he was great he was getting the benefit of the doubt...probably getting strike calls that are borderline. That is how it works and has always worked. Miggy gets the benefit of doubt when he is at the plate because he is "Miggy"

I give credit when credit is due and will call out players when they aren't performing. I have no loyalty to individual players.

I can't remember you ever giving credit to Verlander, even during his Cy Young years. All I remember is you moaning and whining about how much he was going to make $$$ before he signed his contract. and since then everyone can be sure you will never give him any credit, because at 28 M he has to pitch a no-hitter for you to give credit. Kick a guy when he's been hurt and down, and expect him to bounce back because that's what You demand of him.....clueless.

Wow I think was a home run if that fan hadn't touched it

Freaken dumbass may have just cost the Tigers the game

Last edited:
got screwed out of a bigger inning.

anyone else think Iggy should be in the 2 spot?

I went and took a shower. Wonders never cease Justin in the 6th with 2 outs and under 100 pitches and trailing 3-1. Chance of a win still alive.6 in the book come on offence!

I can't remember you ever giving credit to Verlander, even during his Cy Young years. All I remember is you moaning and whining about how much he was going to make $$$ before he signed his contract. and since then everyone can be sure you will never give him any credit, because at 28 M he has to pitch a no-hitter for you to give credit. Kick a guy when he's been hurt and down, and expect him to bounce back because that's what You demand of him.....clueless.

well...you must not have a very good memory. I gave him all of the credit he deserved during his CY Young and MVP seasons. As far as me moaning and groaning about his contract prior to him signing it...sure seems like I was right!

I don't want to argue about this with you. I want him to do well but I really don't think it is in the cards. The bottom line is, unless he is a top 10-20 pitcher in the AL, he is hurting the team.

Least the USA girls won tonight... Now we need a Tiger comeback!!!!!!

I went and took a shower. Wonders never cease Justin in the 6th with 2 outs and under 100 pitches and trailing 3-1. Chance of a win still alive.6 in the book come on offence!

yes...after a terrible start to the game he has re-grouped. Let's see if the offense can do something!

No every time they move him up he starts trying to do to much instead I think Davis needs to get all the starts over goose

Seems like a flaw with every change...Iggy to the 2 spot he tries to do too much, Kinsler has had problems since mid-May at least. Gose has fallen off the map, but start Rajai too often vs. righty pitchers he will struggle. idk....
I just hope they make a move or two to help them over the second half.

Back