Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pirates @ Tigers 6-30-15 Game #76

Wilson did a hellva job tonight though, just need a bloop and a blast..we still got this

Throw those freaking pitches to McCuthen but lay a pitch up to walker at 90-92 when he was whiffing and late on your faster stuff to let him flip it into right field...

Contending teams just do not lose these type of games at home.. 2 out of the wild card spot but it feels like 10 games to me...

I try and get excited but the Tigers just cannot even put a good run together with JD have a great month of June..
11-13 in the month of June if I counted it right..

Last edited:
Just a awful pitch by Tom G. Walker is a freaking bad ball hitter and just laid it up on a tee for him to flip into right field..

STREAKS AND STATS:

J.D. Martinez has 11 home runs in June, third-most in club history and the most since Mickey Tettleton had 11 in 1993.

J.D. Martinez's three-hit day (two singles and the two-run homer) is his 21st multi-hit game of the season, and his fifth three-hit game of the season.

J.D. Martinez's two-run home run in the eighth was the 24th home run of his career in the seventh inning or later, and his 18th in the eighth inning or later. #clutch

J.D Martinez has 10 home runs and 21 RBI in his last 14 games, batting .345/.377/1.052 in that time.

Victor Martinez finished 2-for-4 with a hit by a pitch in the fourth inning on Tuesday. Since returning from the DL on June 19, Martinez is batting .341/.386/.537 with a home run and four doubles in 41 at-bats.

Anthony Gose's stolen base in the ninth was his 12th of the season, second-most on the team behind Rajai Davis, who has 14.

Nick Castellanos finished three-for-five with three singles on Tuesday, giving him a three-hit day, his first of the 2015 season.

Miguel Cabrera's intentional walk in the ninth inning marked his 13th of the season, most on the team, and second-most in Major League Baseball. Only the Arizona Diamondbacks' first baseman Paul Goldschmidt has more, with 18.

Alex Wilson finished the month of June with a 1.12 ERA with eight strikeouts, having allowed just two earned runs and two walks in 16 1/3 innings pitched.

Alex Wilson's 56 pitches thrown in 3 1/3 innings pitched marked a new major league career high. Prior to Tuesday night's outing the most Wilson had thrown was 48, on May 3, 2013 for the Red Sox vs. the Texas Rangers --his first season in the majors.

James McCann's three-hit day was his 13th multi-hit game of the season, and his fifth three-hit game of the season.

Tuesday night's 14-inning game marked the longest (by innings) for the Tigers since they played a 19-inning game at Toronto against the Blue Jays on August 10, 2014 (and I was hoping to never think of that game again).

went to bed after the 11th inning. Another tough loss. JV had a terrible start but ended up pitching a decent game and kept his team in it. Nice game at the plate by Nick, JD & McCann. Ces & Iggy combined to go 0-12...ouch! The way this year is going...it was fitting that they ended the game with V-Mart hitting into a game ending DP!

Why is Tom Gorzellany still on this team? He's got an ERA near 7, a WHIP north of 2, seems to be unable to miss bats or get outs. He's flat out awful and needs to be replaced. I'd take any lefty from the minors with a pulse over him right now.

Why is Tom Gorzellany still on this team? He's got an ERA near 7, a WHIP north of 2, seems to be unable to miss bats or get outs. He's flat out awful and needs to be replaced. I'd take any lefty from the minors with a pulse over him right now.

I think it's in the MLBPA contract that every team have a soft-tossing LOOGY on the roster.

Last edited:
It was a frustrating pitch to walker. Took something off after I thought he could get Wilson by staying with hard stuff. It was way off the plate but all bad ball hitter walker had to do was put his bat on the ball.. It flipped into right field sadly..

Is Phil cough,cough, Coke available!!

Back