Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sandy Hook families win ruling against Alex Jones

You can click the little blue arrow and go back to post #23, which has not been edited. A least not since this tangent happened; I don't remember if there was a quick edit, but there would be a timestamp.

Okay, that checks out.

But still, let us know if you?re planning on leaving town.

right yet some people think gay frog and Russians is what put him over the top it would seem. I think those are are also just unproven wacky conspiracy theories.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-much-did-russian-interference-affect-the-2016-election/

They added fuel to the right fire. In terms of dollars, it was a drop in the bucket. In terms of staffers, it was actually more comparable to the number of people Trump had on staff. Nate Silver doesn't know if it was a significant difference.

I submit for consideration that the idea that the Russians swung the election be downgraded from "unproven wacky conspiracy theory" to just "unproven conspiracy theory".

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-much-did-russian-interference-affect-the-2016-election/

They added fuel to the right fire. In terms of dollars, it was a drop in the bucket. In terms of staffers, it was actually more comparable to the number of people Trump had on staff. Nate Silver doesn't know if it was a significant difference.

I submit for consideration that the idea that the Russians swung the election be downgraded from "unproven wacky conspiracy theory" to just "unproven conspiracy theory".

maybe someday Muller will wrap it the hell up and we can find out.

maybe someday Muller will wrap it the hell up and we can find out.

You would hope, if there was clear evidence that Trump was somehow compromised, the FBI would have taken action. For some stuff, I don't think inaction is a sign that Trump is innocent or that there aren't smoking guns that will change how we see this thing, but the fact that this has taken so long should mean that it's not a national security issue.

Last edited:
I am definitely not saying that a obscure part of the population = a very large part of the population.

I said that things that I thought would sway a small number of people, ended up swaying enough people to elect a President. You added the white supremacist and conspiracy theory stuff in your own mind. I said it triggered my BS detector and reeked of a similar snake oil salesman smell as Alex Jones. That doesn't mean I think their followers are the same-sized groups.

I don't think you're saying that. I'm saying things like that didn't sway enough people to elect Trump. If you're saying that enough people bought into enough narratives and not just conspiracy theories, to elect Trump, well then Trump is no different from anyone else who won a major election. In fact, by that score Obama has to hold the record - literally millions of people thought Obama was going to fix EVERYTHING. They bought into his superior intellect without seeing his college transcripts or anything he'd done outside of winning a couple elections. They so fervently believed this wholly unaccomplished community organizer was somehow going to solve all of America's problems that they were crying tears of joy at his election and writing songs about him for school children to sing, like he was Mao, or Uncle Ho or Pol Pot. If that's the argument you're making, that people bought into stories and promises, then there's nothing special about the Trump election.

And I didn't add the white supremacist stuff "in my own mind" and I'm not insinuating that you invoked that argument. Those stories were front and center in all the post election coverage and I brought it up to make the point that if you added up all the conspiracy theory subscribers and the white supremacists and undid the Russian bots activities and all the other bull shit excuses people made for Hillary losing and voided those votes, Trump would still be President because he won out of spite for the establishment, not because enough people bought into BS.

Last edited:
I don't think you're saying that. I'm saying things like that didn't sway enough people to elect Trump. If you're saying that enough people bought into enough narratives and not just conspiracy theories, to elect Trump, well then Trump is no different from anyone else who won a major election. In fact, by that score Obama has to hold the record - literally millions of people thought Obama was going to fix EVERYTHING. They bought into his superior intellect without seeing his college transcripts or anything he'd done outside of winning a couple elections. They so fervently believed this wholly unaccomplished community organizer was somehow going to solve all of America's problems that they were crying tears of joy at his election and writing songs about him for school children to sing, like he was Mao, or Uncle Ho or Pol Pot. If that's the argument you're making, that people bought into stories and promises, then there's nothing special about the Trump election.

And I didn't add the white supremacist stuff "in my own mind" and I'm not insinuating that you invoked that argument. Those stories were front and center in all the post election coverage and I brought it up to make the point that if you added up all the conspiracy theory subscribers and the white supremacists and undid the Russian bots activities and all the other bull shit excuses people made for Hillary losing and voided those votes, Trump would still be President because he won out of spite for the establishment, not because enough people bought into BS.

Thanks to your reckless accusations, I can't leave town until this BS is figured out.

If Trump or his moron lackeys approached Russia and or Russian mobsters/Asange/Wikileaks, etc. for help in defeating Hillary Clinton that alone is the crime. If the NRA used Russian mobster money to back GOP candidates, that alone is a crime as well.

Now whether impressionable morons in places like Northern Michigan and rural Minnesota were influenced by pepe the frog is another matter altogether. All of the MISINFORMATION being spread; all the last minute lies and scare tactics distributed by social media platforms and opaque, official-sounding groups like "Americas for Freedom," that's another problem.

But take what Lindsey Graham said before it became clear that Russians also have compromat on him as well ....If Americans are stupid enough to elect an assclown like Donald Trump, we deserve what we get.

We got it.

Last edited:
it's because he is a hateful bigoted hypocrite. he struggles to win arguments with facts, so he resorts to ad hominem and personal attacks. It's the Saul Alinsky playbook to a "T".

For a second I thought (with a bit of surprise) you were talking about Alex Jones but then I saw who 'liked' your post and realized that couldn't be the case. RIP MC.

If Trump or his moron lackeys approached Russia and or Russian mobsters/Asange/Wikileaks, etc. for help in defeating Hillary Clinton that alone is the crime. If the NRA used Russian mobster money to back GOP candidates, that alone is a crime as well.

Now whether impressionable morons in places like Northern Michigan and rural Minnesota were influenced by pepe the frog is another matter altogether. All of the MISINFORMATION being spread; all the last minute lies and scare tactics distributed by social media platforms and opaque, official-sounding groups like "Americas for Freedom," that's another problem.

But take what Lindsey Graham said before it became clear that Russians also have compromat on him as well ....If Americans are stupid enough to elect an assclown like Donald Trump, we deserve what we get.

We got it.

If, if, if. If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Evidence matters.

What about the Clinton campaign colluding with Ukrainian officials. It's been alleged and I believe, so far there's at least as much evidence to suggest her campaign worked with foreign officials for opposition research. That alone tells me this isn't about collusion or foreign interference or anything close to justice, it's about people who think they're entitled to run this country for their benefit that can't stomach the fact that the people chose otherwise.

Thanks to your reckless accusations, I can't leave town until this BS is figured out.

trying to find any accusations, let alone reckless ones in my posts. If you're not saying one or the other or anything in between, then I'm wondering if you said anything at all.

did you minor in evasive writing at uofm? how to incorporate plausible deniability into everything you write - take this course and you'll be able to nit pick anything while being accountable for nothing.

If you have an unlimited plan and the DSF app, you can leave town and say things then deny saying them from just about anywhere. You're welcome, safe travels.

Last edited:
What about the Clinton campaign colluding with Ukrainian officials. It's been alleged and I believe, so far there's at least as much evidence to suggest her campaign worked with foreign officials for opposition research. ...

OH, yeah, run with that, that's good.

trying to find any accusations, let alone reckless ones in my posts. If you're not saying one or the other or anything in between, then I'm wondering if you said anything at all.

did you minor in evasive writing at uofm? how to incorporate plausible deniability into everything you write - take this course and you'll be able to nit pick anything while being accountable for nothing.

If you have an unlimited plan and the DSF app, you can leave town and say things then deny saying them from just about anywhere. You're welcome, safe travels.

Look at Mr. Fancy Pants with his unlimited plan and his DSF app.

When the law tells you to let them know before you leave town, what they really mean is don't leave town unless you're not coming back.

Last edited:
prove it, hack. put a call into Bob Mueller and see where we stand with Clinton/Ukraine...

get back to us, bruh. And while you're at it ...take care of your hard on for Gulo.

jesus, 2016 obsession with MC called and wants its message board stalker back!

Look at Mr. Fancy Pants with his unlimited plan and his DSF app.

When the law tells you to let them know before you leave town, what they really mean is don't leave town unless you're not coming back.

I don't have the dsf app.

prove it, hack. put a call into Bob Mueller and see where we stand with Clinton/Ukraine...

Let me get right on that. Hold your breath, I'll be right back.

get back to us, bruh. And while you're at it ...take care of your hard on for Gulo.

it's pretty clear that it's the other way around.

jesus, 2016 obsession with MC called and wants its message board stalker back!

third grade called, they want their joke back.

Quoting my own post to highlight that I didn't point to white supremacy or conspiracy theories.

quoting your posts

I do know this. Most (not all) of the people I respect that voted for Trump, held their noses and voted against the establishment rather than for him.

Why their BS detectors weren't more triggered is a mystery to me. It's a different degree of BS, but to me, it looks like it came from the same place and is different by a matter of degree and not type.

That's part of why I've felt like the Mueller investigation is more likely to find financial crimes. Trump just triggers the same con artist alarms and behind all the BS, I expect to find some analogy to Alex Jones's dietary supplements.

and my post to highlight that I never said you pointed to white supremacy

there you go again, saying you didn't say something you said. If you didn't mean they were somehow the difference or a meaningful portion of the Trump voter block, what did you mean?

Trump won a landslide electoral college vote. If all the conspiracy theorists and white supremacists or other fringe groups people have tried to blame for the win all stayed home, Trump would still be POTUS today.

So who is reading things someone isn't saying into posts?

As for the conspiracy theories, your first response that started another stupide pedantic argument was in response to my post about people not believing these conspiracy theories. now you're denying that your response had anything to do with what I was talking about. Now you're telling me I was reading that into your post. OK.

Last edited:
quoting your posts

and my post to highlight that I never said you pointed to white supremacy

So who is reading things someone isn't saying into posts?

As for the conspiracy theories, your first response that started another stupide pedantic argument was in response to my post about people not believing these conspiracy theories. now you're denying that your response had anything to do with what I was talking about. Now you're telling me I was reading that into your post. OK.
edit: scratch this reply. What I should have said was "If I continue with this, my reply would probably make the board worse. So I acknowledge that I read this and I'm moving on."

Last edited:
edit: scratch this reply. What I should have said was "If I continue with this, my reply would probably make the board worse. So I acknowledge that I read this and I'm moving on."

I was going to post you an internet award for this, but bing and google have made it harder to find image URLs and link to them, and I'm too lazy to upload a copy to an image host myself, so I could either make a crappy one using ASCII characters, or someone else using a desktop can post one.

I was going to post you an internet award for this, but bing and google have made it harder to find image URLs and link to them, and I'm too lazy to upload a copy to an image host myself, so I could either make a crappy one using ASCII characters, or someone else using a desktop can post one.

that would be an awesome burn because you almost have as much credibility as the folks that give out the Nobel Peace Prize (you have less than 0 credibility). And you could brag to your wife about how you won the internets again so she could say "that's nice, turd."

Back