Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Smitty

Who makes a bet between men and pays in advance? Not me. Not anyone.

when its $1000 and two people dont know one another....a third party holding the bet isnt out of the question and that is what i wanted...elrod balked which told me he wasnt serious. Im not chasing someone down in timbukto pennsylvania hiding in an amish buggy

when its $1000 and two people dont know one another....a third party holding the bet isnt out of the question and that is what i wanted...elrod balked which told me he wasnt serious. Im not chasing someone down in timbukto pennsylvania hiding in an amish buggy

I'm surprised a well-paid rich guy like you would think $1000 is a lot of money.

He balked? Let's google it.

tsmith:I'll make the same offer that Elrod took...$1,000..put your money where your mouth is libby

http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/showthread.php?t=7182&page=2

byco: Did t-smith bet on the electoral vote differential with someone here?
tsmith:Yes sir...Elrod... I got Romney

http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/archive/index.php/t-5277.html

oops.

$1,000 right there.

too bad you didnt pony up some dough...Heisman #16, gas coming way down,, stock market leading indicator...oops...hows the market doing since your post...nice day yesterday, eh.. remember take tsmith's advise, get out while you can...no charge

Last edited:
He balked? Let's google it.

tsmith:I'll make the same offer that Elrod took...$1,000..put your money where your mouth is libby

http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/showthread.php?t=7182&page=2

byco: Did t-smith bet on the electoral vote differential with someone here?
tsmith:Yes sir...Elrod... I got Romney

http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/archive/index.php/t-5277.html

you missed the $1,000 to the 3rd party...never came....he had months to pay it...never consumated the bet....tough lesson for him, i guess

"ok... lets get someone to hold the money....how about Mitchrapp? """

Last edited:
tsmith:$1,000 on 2012?????

tsmith:I'm waiting.........................

elrod:$1,000 on 2012????? You serious? I don't even like Barry and with a grand on the line I still won't vote for him, but I think I might take you up on that wager if you mean it.

elrod:So Smitty...you serious about this wager or not?

tsmith:yes, I'm serious

elrod:Let's do it! :clap:

tsmith:ok... lets get someone to hold the money....how about Mitchrapp?

elrod:Doesn't matter to me either way...I'd trust you to send it directly to me if you lost and I've never squelched on a wager in my life, but however you want to work it is fine...

http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/archive/index.php/t-6731.html

I don't see that there was any follow up after that with Mitchrapp, but tsmith did confirm in that other thread that he thought the bet was made.

tsmith:$1,000 on 2012?????

tsmith:I'm waiting.........................

elrod:$1,000 on 2012????? You serious? I don't even like Barry and with a grand on the line I still won't vote for him, but I think I might take you up on that wager if you mean it.

elrod:So Smitty...you serious about this wager or not?

tsmith:yes, I'm serious

elrod:Let's do it! :clap:

tsmith:ok... lets get someone to hold the money....how about Mitchrapp?

elrod:Doesn't matter to me either way...I'd trust you to send it directly to me if you lost and I've never squelched on a wager in my life, but however you want to work it is fine...

http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/archive/index.php/t-6731.html

I don't see that there was any follow up after that with Mitchrapp, but tsmith did confirm in that other thread that he thought the bet was made.

thats right....no money...not a serious bet in my book.....

you missed the $1,000 to the 3rd party...never came....he had months to pay it...never consumated the bet....tough lesson for him, i guess

"ok... lets get someone to hold the money....how about Mitchrapp? """

To me it looks like elrod agreed and the ball was in your court to follow up, even though you didn't, you still considered the bet made.

So...each of the two parties who don't know each other sends $1000 to a third party...

Whom each also does not know...

Makes sense.

Having a 3rd party hold the money was suggested and then Elrod said he'd do it either way. I see where the bet was made, I don't see where it was dissolved or where your objections were voiced. In fact, Tsmith confirmed that the bet was active after that point in time. So I'm wondering, at what point after the bet was made and then confirmed, was it supposed to have dissolved or have conditions put on it.

Last edited:
too bad you didnt pony up some dough...Heisman #16, gas coming way down,, stock market leading indicator...oops...hows the market doing since your post...nice day yesterday, eh.. remember take tsmith's advise, get out while you can...no charge

LMAO!!

You're such a loser. Did you happen to see the market on Election Day, retard? Pretty classic to trade the rumor and sell the news.

Since Obama took office in January 2009 the broad equity market is up SEVENTY-FUCKING-THREE PERCENT, Home Values are recovering and I have ponied up a LOT OF DOUGH and MADE A LOT OF DOUGH over the past 4yrs or so.

Hell, I'm up over 10% on a short-term Oil trade alone.

Now settle up on your bet, you lying welching scrub.

Smith welching on a bet.... Go figure.. Had to know that was coming after his boy got blasted on Tuesday.

Back