Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh not being franchised

Oakland can pay him 20 million and still have 30 million to spend. Point is restructuring works if in the end you have something to show for it we don't .

Levy, Quin and Tulloch. Plenty to show for it.

Or Bush, Houston and Avril franchised. Good signings at the time, hindsight nothing to show for it. No problem with those moves.

I like how people throw out statements like, "We'll see if Suh really cares about winning," as if winning is the only thing anyone should care about. I mean, would anyone here give up a 10 million dollar lottery jackpot if it meant the Lions win a playoff game? The answer is no, no matter how contrarian people might be here.

If Jacksonville gives Suh 20 million per year when Indy or Detroit are only willing to offer 16, him choosing Jacksonville isn't a lack of care for winning. At that point, it's simply not being an idiot. 4 million per year over a 5 or 6 year contract is 20-24 million dollars. It doesn't matter that he's already rich, it matters that anyone would be stupid to give up 20-24 million dollars for the potential (not guarantee) of winning a lot more games before retirement in his 30s.

I like how people throw out statements like, "We'll see if Suh really cares about winning," as if winning is the only thing anyone should care about. I mean, would anyone here give up a 10 million dollar lottery jackpot if it meant the Lions win a playoff game? The answer is no, no matter how contrarian people might be here.

If Jacksonville gives Suh 20 million per year when Indy or Detroit are only willing to offer 16, him choosing Jacksonville isn't a lack of care for winning. At that point, it's simply not being an idiot. 4 million per year over a 5 or 6 year contract is 20-24 million dollars. It doesn't matter that he's already rich, it matters that anyone would be stupid to give up 20-24 million dollars for the potential (not guarantee) of winning a lot more games before retirement in his 30s.

I couldn't agree more. If I were a professional athlete $$$ would be my #1 priority. Not saying other things wouldn't come into play if the money was close.

If I made 65 million and still get 100 million on a "discount", I would care about winning more. Detroit is where he can win.

If I made 65 million and still get 100 million on a "discount", I would care about winning more. Detroit is where he can win.

he has a better chance in Indy. Doesn't have AR in the division, they have a younger team and have a QB that has proven he can win in the playoffs.

he has a better chance in Indy. Doesn't have AR in the division, they have a younger team and have a QB that has proven he can win in the playoffs.

Luck didn't play well against Denver and KC was garbage at home.

Better chance with Detroit to get there not having to face New England until SB (neutral site).

Detroit is closer than Indy. Detroit has better defense with Suh and just as good of offense (maybe more talented in Detroit).

Stafford has a 92 QB rating. Luck has a 70 QB rating in playoffs.

Luck didn't play well against Denver and KC was garbage at home.

Better chance with Detroit to get there not having to face New England until SB (neutral site).

Detroit is closer than Indy. Detroit has better defense with Suh and just as good of offense (maybe more talented in Detroit).

Detroit's QB has never beaten a winning team on the road. Detroit hasn't won a playoff game in 24 years. Det has to deal with GB so they are likely going to be a wild card more often than not. Indy is closer which is proven by the fact that they have won 3 playoff games in the past 2 seasons.

Detroit's QB has never beaten a winning team on the road. Detroit hasn't won a playoff game in 24 years. Det has to deal with GB so they are likely going to be a wild card more often than not. Indy is closer which is proven by the fact that they have won 3 playoff games in the past 2 seasons.

Detroit beat Dallas. And Saints as far as I'm concerned (that Durant fumble that they blew dead was crazy, block in the back on the Sproles 4th down pick up).

Detroit is a true 2-0 in the playoffs on the road.

Stafford 92 QB rating in those games.

The only thing I disagree with is the assertion that Detroit will have to go through Green Bay.

In the NFL, teams are always rising and falling. Green Bay won't maintain that top status forever. Detroit may very well have to go through them until Rodgers retires, and Minny is looking a lot tougher with Bridgewater there... but the road to the NFC North title won't always run through Green Bay.

Detroit beat Dallas. And Saints as far as I'm concerned (that Durant fumble that they blew dead was crazy, block in the back on the Sproles 4th down pick up).

as far as YOU are concerned...but you are the only idiot that thinks that way!

Stafford has a 92 QB rating. Luck has a 70 QB rating in playoffs.

2015:
1st Round:
Stafford: 87.7
Luck: 104.0

2nd Round:
Stafford: 0.0
Luck: 76.2

3rd Round:
Luck: 23.0

Playoff record:
Luck : 3-3
Stafford: 0-2

There isn't a person besides you that would take Stafford over Luck.

Until you learn what the word "truth" is, you should stop using the word "true".

Detroit is a TRUE 0-2 in playoffs games in this decade. It's true, because that is what the record reflects. Your truth is just delusion.

2015:
1st Round:
Stafford: 87.7
Luck: 104.0

2nd Round:
Luck: 76.2

3rd Round:
Luck: 23.0

Playoff record:
Luck : 3-3
Stafford: 0-2

There isn't a person besides you that would take Stafford over Luck.

Stafford 92 QB rating in playoffs. Luck 70.8

Luck on road is also pretty terrible in playoffs.

Stafford has never beaten a team with a winning record on the road. He is 3-31 vs teams that finish with a winning record. In 3 seasons Luck has 3 playoff wins.

Luck >>> Stafford

Yep, easier when you only play in the first round. Come on, even you can't justify this. Stafford, based on what you said, has a much better team around him. 3-3 vs 0-2. With a better team.

You can't win the championship if you don't make the playoffs. Indy has a much easier road (division) to make the playoffs. Also, take Suh off the Lions and the defense (which carried the team) gets noticeably worse. The Lions without Suh vs the Colts without Suh is equal at worst, but still leans towards Indy because of the easier division.

if he cares about winning he should probably leave Detroit. An establishment known for losing...over and over and over and over and over and over.

But the Lions had Suh, so that doesn't really hold water when we are talking about past playoff success.

The Colts had an inferior team to the Lions. And regardless of their division, they handled business when they got into the playoffs. Lions didn't.

But the Lions had Suh, so that doesn't really hold water when we are talking about past playoff success.

The Colts had an inferior team to the Lions. And regardless of their division, they handled business when they got into the playoffs. Lions didn't.

Luck did not. 70 QB rating.

Back