Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The 2016 Debate Thread

A Republican just said "We have to take the guns away from them." Weird.

I think it's all crap, but I think Trump will get a bump from this.

Why the fuck am I watching this shit? Hillary makes me cringe whenever she talks about race, taxes, min wage, and her past. Trump makes me cringe whenever he speaks. Jesus Effing Christ, will our votes really be based on who is more tolerable?

"Could be somebody on their bed that weighs 400lbs, OK?"

Lol. Really? Trump sounds like an old man that recently discovered political videos on YouTube.

I'm still voting for the asshole, this country needs an asshole to clean up this huge mess all these previous repodems have created. Assholes for trump!

What'cha been up to, Rip Van Winkle?

Well, I was hoping one of these people would perform well and give enough detail to be a credible candidate. Or at least appear Presidential.

If not for SCOTUS, I'd probably vote for Trump in hopes that we could find a better, younger candidate in 2020.

I'm still voting for the asshole, this country needs an asshole to clean up this huge mess all these previous repodems have created. Assholes for trump!

Wait, don't assholes get cleaned and not the other way around? If he's an asshole, he's just going to make things shittier.

If I'm ever a moderator, I'm bringing one of those chess clocks with me and I'm keeping track of each persons' time use and if someone uses up their half faster than the other person, their mic gets cut and the other person gets the final word.

Meh, overall kinda boring..she got through without falling over so I'll give it to her as the winner

"Could be somebody on their bed that weighs 400lbs, OK?"

Lol. Really? Trump sounds like an old man that recently discovered political videos on YouTube.

That's when I turned the debate on, holy shit can he answer a fucking question?

Trump was a whipped pretty good tonight. I never thought he would takie longer then she would to answer questions but man he talked alot.

Last edited:
Trump was a whipped pretty good tonight. I never thought he would takie longer then she would to answer questions but man he talked alot.

Did he answer a question? I heard incoherent rambling for the few questions I watched.

No he didn't and he really faded as the debate moved foward. He was really unprepared in my opinion.

I'm smart for not paying income tax

Stiffing contractors is good business

A hacker could be 400 lbs?

I got Obama to release his birth certificate

I could say something hurtful about your family, but I won't.

He's a fucking idiot, but I doubt it hurts him at the polls. I won't say hillary killed him, he just opened his mouth without a script and sounded like a petulant child can't contain himself

Last edited:
You could tell he was exactly on script during the first question. It was a good answer, even if I don't remember the question. If he had stayed on script, he would have had a huge bump, but he went waaaay off and looked like a jackass. Like I told Bob...it was a draw. Nobody will switch sides and neither candidate did enough to take voters back from Johnson and Stein. And I don't think the undecideds will pick based on this debate.

You could tell he was exactly on script during the first question. It was a good answer, even if I don't remember the question. If he had stayed on script, he would have had a huge bump, but he went waaaay off and looked like a jackass. Like I told Bob...it was a draw. Nobody will switch sides and neither candidate did enough to take voters back from Johnson and Stein. And I don't think the undecideds will pick based on this debate.
The first topic was an area he was strong in, trade. I think his strength in the first portion was partially due to the topic, but then he unraveled and said more crazy shit, like he's smart for not paying taxes, that he's proud of the birther debate, etc.

I don't think it will stop people from voting for him because his supporters love the dumb this he says. I'd venture to say that they viewed all of these stupid comments as positives. Hillary's job is to get some of the 3rd party voters back and get people to the polls.

Hillary Clinton was pretty bad; she's more inarticulate than I thought she would be. thanks to all of you helping to dumb down America, neither candidate speaks above a 4th grade reading level.

on the other hand, Trump was as inarticulate and empty as I expected him to be. most of the time it seemed he was speaking in sentence fragments, and by the end of the thing, he was more or less just saying "Hillary bad. Me good. I will make all the bad things good things."

I miss Bernie. he should be president.

I don't disagree with any characterizations of Trump's performance. He didn't answer anything, he was inarticulate, and sounded crazy. But he also talked over Clinton and the moderator quite a bit and for that, I think he will get a bump in the polls.

Back