Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The 2016 Debate Thread

CNN says 62% say Clinton won, 27% Trump.

Maybe there's hope.

it was not difficult to win. she really just had to show up and maintain a pulse for an hour.

my 3 year old could've won this "debate"

Trump spent what felt like ten minutes talking about how great stop and frisk was.

Our leadership is merely a refection of the expectations of the electorate.

held to be unconstitutional in federal court.

That was the kicker. After the moderator told him it was unconstitutional, he said he didn't think it was, and then went on to talk about how it should be brought back.

That was the kicker. After the moderator told him it was unconstitutional, he said he didn't think it was, and then went on to talk about how it should be brought back.

I recall his point was that the city didn't appeal the ruling once DiBlasio was elected, so the court ruling is hypothetically still in question.

Stop and frisk was a major issue in the recent NYC mayoral election. DiBlasio was against it.

Trump spent what felt like ten minutes talking about how great stop and frisk was.

What I liked is he lumped that in with needing to create better relations between blacks and the police. I know rubbing on another persons genitals has it's time and place, but I don't think it's going to help this dynamic very much.

What I liked is he lumped that in with needing to create better relations between blacks and the police. I know rubbing on another persons genitals has it's time and place, but I don't think it's going to help this dynamic very much.

That and the birth certificate thing. They asked him about race relations, and he fired back that he got Obama to release his birth certificate.

I recall his point was that the city didn't appeal the ruling once DiBlasio was elected, so the court ruling is hypothetically still in question.

Stop and frisk was a major issue in the recent NYC mayoral election. DiBlasio was against it.

Holt was pretty bad in general - might even give him a worse grade than Trump for his performance. with over 90 minutes in total he didn't mention Obamacare, Immigration, Syria, Benghazi or the Clinton Foundation. I know 90 minutes isn't a lot time but those are some pretty big issues to skip particularly when you consider how much time he spent on Trump's tax returns, Trump's birtherism (while giving Hillary a free pass to lie about her campaign involvement in the birth of birtherism) and comments he made about Hillary not looking presidential. He didn't do a good job of maintaining control, but when he tried, didn't seem to be very even handed. I thought he was pretty weak.

That and the birth certificate thing. They asked him about race relations, and he fired back that he got Obama to release his birth certificate.

the worst part of the race relations discussion was when he talked about starting a private club in a ritzy part of Florida and being lauded for how integrated it is.

Last edited:

And wouldn't answer why it took him 5 years after getting the birth certificate to stop acting as if it were still in question.

I loved his "slam" against Hilary on that topic. So she had an advisor do some research on her opponent in 2008. They found out there was nothing to the rumor, and dropped it. He on the other hand spent the time and resources needed to push further and obtain a copy of his birth certificate. Then he spends the ensuing 5 years arguing against what he already proved. And somehow that shows that he knows how to get things done.

the worst part of the race relations discussion was when he talked about starting a private club in a ritzy part of Florida and being lauded for how integrated it is.

Great point. I didn't think I could be shocked with how stupid he is at this point....that proved me wrong.

Holt was pretty bad in general - might even give him a worse grade than Trump for his performance. with over 90 minutes in total he didn't mention Obamacare, Immigration, Syria, Benghazi or the Clinton Foundation. I know 90 minutes isn't a lot time but those are some pretty big issues to skip particularly when you consider how much time he spent on Trump's tax returns, Trump's birtherism (while giving Hillary a free pass to lie about her campaign involvement in the birth of birtherism) and comments he made about Hillary not looking presidential. He didn't do a good job of maintaining control, but when he tried, didn't seem to be very even handed. I thought he was pretty weak.

I do agree the questions slanted in Hilary's favor, but not touching on those issues is 90% on Trump. It was obvious that you could pretty much talk about whatever you wanted, regardless of the question. He should have had no problem working those issues into his answers. Instead he kept repeating the same retarded shit ad nauseam.

Last edited:

Maybe because it's been widely reported within the last week that Lester Holt has been a registered Republican since 2003, he was trying not to appear biased against Clinton.

So CNN says Hillary won the debate everyone else says Trump, including Micheal Moore apparently. idk I thought over all he went soft on her and she did a good job keeping him on defense most of the night. He could have done a better job with some of those answers, like yes and hey what took him so long and since when is a crime to trust but verify, I wasn't the only one by a long shot that had the same questions but I am the one that forced the issue and got answers.

I don't think the format suited him well either, with no audience cheering or booing for 90% of it, he sounded loud at times almost shouting like.. I completely agree with a few things he said, she does have more experiences but a lot that has been bad experiences and wrong decisions. I can't really recall anything she said, just kept wondering where those yellow stars where on her outfit. blinding red china red.. I honestly believe their is a good chance we end up in a war with Russia if she wins, over Syria. It's not good folks. not good at all. But hey whatever on to the next one..

Last edited:
I can't really recall anything she said

I think she really wanted you to remember "Trumped up trickle down economics". She said it twice. I think a 3rd time, as an interruption, would have done the trick. It's not like she was unwilling to interrupt him, and the 2nd time she said it, his smirk made me think she should keep doing it.

Wow.

There appears to be loads of nude pics of Alicia Machado on the internet.

There's a pic that appears to be of her on the cover of Playboy Mexico (I say "appears" because as we all know, the internet is full of forgeries) and an article on the Spanish language website "exitoina" that sets the date of the publication at around July, 2010.

She don't look fat to me, and she could clean my house anytime.

Maybe because it's been widely reported within the last week that Lester Holt has been a registered Republican since 2003, he was trying not to appear biased against Clinton.

could be but, a better way to not appear biased against Clinton would be to not be biased against either - or at least it would be a more fair way. I suppose if he shows an obvious bias against Trump, the appearance of not being biased against Clinton would be more obvious than being neutral. Appearances and biases complicate everything.

could be but, a better way to not appear biased against Clinton would be to not be biased against either - or at least it would be a more fair way. I suppose if he shows an obvious bias against Trump, the appearance of not being biased against Clinton would be more obvious than being neutral. Appearances and biases complicate everything.

Yeah, but I agree with what dethroh responded in #54 - not bringing up those issues you referred to is 90% on Trump - they were both talking about shit they weren't asked about all night.

Back