Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Clemson has to lose to VaTech Game Thread

Can't belive Herbstreit even said that.. Psu has no shot to get in top 4.

If there's 4 main criteria: conf champ, head 2 head, strength of schedule and quality wins....psu had 2 of them. It's closer than you think but i think osu goes.

The only reason PSU is dismissed in favor of OSU is poll positioning, which is biased because OSU started so high.

Well.......I have to say this. If the committee is serious about making the playoff the best 4 teams and not having Alabama clownstomp it's way to another title, OSU and Michigan get in instead of Clemson and Penn State. I know there are people that disagree with that and you have every right to. I am hoping that the committee decides to give us an Oklahoma-esque break and slide us in there with some of the nation a little pissed.

What if the committee decides to say Fuck You to OSU because they think we should have won last week and we take their spot? Unlikely, but man would I laugh my ass off at that.

If it's me, I'm taking:
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. Penn State

Is Ohio State more talented than Penn State? Probably. Would they beat them 8 of 10 games? Probably. But they didn't, and that has to count for something. I know they lost to Pitt and you guys killed them, but this is the 2nd hottest team in the country which just won the Big Ten title and beat Ohio State head to head. To me they get the nod over OSU. I'll be shocked if it plays out that way but this is just my opinion.

Last edited:
As much as I want UM in it, winning a conference championship should be required. Season rankings are a touch overrated, but it's gonna take sometime for that to set in.

OSU is in, and unfortunately will play for the national championship. I think Clemson is overrated, and osu will win that game.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If it's me, I'm taking:
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. Penn State

Is Ohio State more talented than Penn State? Probably. Would they beat them 8 of 10 games? Probably. But they didn't, and that has to count for something. I know they lost to Pitt and you guys killed them, but this is the 2nd hottest team in the country which just won the Big Ten title and beat Ohio State head to head. To me they get the nod over OSU. I'll be shocked if it plays out that way but this is just my opinion.

Couldn't agree more.

Why would you guys take OSU out instead of Washington. They played nobody non league and the Pac 12 isn't that strong. OSU has 3 top 10 wins. I really don't think it's at all close between OSU and Washington.

Why would you guys take OSU out instead of Washington. They played nobody non league and the Pac 12 isn't that strong. OSU has 3 top 10 wins. I really don't think it's at all close between OSU and Washington.
I believe, maybe I'm wrong but they won their conference. I also think that the conference they won is considered a power 5 conference.

Just a guess

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think osu still in and psu will be out. as noted they started high and stayed there. Inched back up after osu loss

I still think while conference winner counts for something it doesn't necessarily mean best team.. It is still a challenge for the committee

All along I have felt we wouldn't make it with two losses in November (said that a last week).

If it's me, I'm taking:
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. Penn State

If this is what happens, OSU fans will have no room to complain, in my opinion. We had one chance to beat PSU and didn't close the deal. And for anyone holding on to hope that Michigan might somehow sneak in, in place of the Buckeyes, you didn't close the deal.

All we had to do was beat Iowa. If we had a QB and o-line that were better than mediocre, we would have got it done. Hell, we'd be undefeated if we had those two things.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
All we had to do was beat Iowa. If we had a QB and o-line that were better than mediocre, we would have got it done. Hell, we'd be undefeated if we had those two things.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Exactly. The Iowa loss killed our chances, even though at the time we thought it meant next to nothing.

If it's me, I'm taking:
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. Penn State

I've changed my mind. I'm going to agree with this. I watched the games yesterday. Those teams took care of business. OSU and Michigan had their chances and are probably better than 3 of those 4 teams, but they didn't win their conference. PSU has an impressive resume.

Exactly. The Iowa loss killed our chances, even though at the time we thought it meant next to nothing.

The loss to Iowa is irrelevant. The only loss that matters is the one at OSU. Michigan wins that and they are in the playoff. Winning at Iowa and losing at OSU wouldn't guarantee anything.

I disagree. If Michigan is 11-1 with their only loss being in double OT @OSU, they get in in my opinion. It's that second loss that's keeping them out.

You can look at it either way I suppose. Both losses together are what are keeping them out. Iowa is the game we had no business losing though.

I disagree. If Michigan is 11-1 with their only loss being in double OT @OSU, they get in in my opinion. It's that second loss that's keeping them out.

You can look at it either way I suppose. Both losses together are what are keeping them out. Iowa is the game we had no business losing though.

I thought Michigan played better at OSU than at Iowa. Opposing team misses one more field goal in either game and it'd be a win. Michigan was close, very close.

I thought Michigan played better at OSU than at Iowa. Opposing team misses one more field goal in either game and it'd be a win. Michigan was close, very close.

That's my point though. The team did not play well against Iowa and it cost them big time. We should not have lost that game, but we played our worst game of the year at an inopportune time.

OSU game was a classic battle that Michigan just came out on the short end of. It's the closest thing you can get to a tie in the modern era. I don't think the committee would keep us out if that's the only blemish on the record.

We'll never know though I guess.

Back