Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Clemson has to lose to VaTech Game Thread

Conference winner and beating OSU should put PSU in.. Imo, it's a no-brainer.

OSU has a superior resume...I really don't think PSU gets in over OSU, and they shouldn't.

Head to head should count a lot and conference champ should count for even more. Clemson and Washington should move to #2, and #3. What's the point in a CC if it doesn't matter?

OSU has a superior resume...I really don't think PSU gets in over OSU, and they shouldn't.

I disagree

Sure, OSU won at Oklahoma

That is countered, in my mind, by the fact that PSU beat OSU and won the toughest conference in the country.

I don't see how OSU has a significantly better resume. Their big 10 wins are similar. I guess you could say that OSU is better, because they beat Michigan while PSU lost to Michigan, but I don't know.

I disagree

Sure, OSU won at Oklahoma

That is countered, in my mind, by the fact that PSU beat OSU and won the toughest conference in the country.

I don't see how OSU has a significantly better resume. Their big 10 wins are similar. I guess you could say that OSU is better, because they beat Michigan while PSU lost to Michigan, but I don't know.

OSU lost once on the road by 3. PSU lost twice, their only difficult OOC game and by 39 points to UM.

OSU Beat #5, #6, #9

PSU beat #2, #6

PSU has more losses, worse losses, and fewer good wins than OSU. If PSU gets in over OSU then we should just start ignoring all OOC results.

Can't ignore the head-to-head win for PSU, which then gave them the tie-breaker over OSU in the division standings, but again that game was at PSU, OSU outgained PSU by close to 150 yards and wins that game comfortably if not for 2 4th quarter blocked kicks, PSU had the prior week off, OSU had been taken to OT by Wisconsin on the road the week before. The perfect storm of events aligning for PSU.

One could make the case that PSU is a much better team now the way they've played since, and I won't disagree there. I still think when you look at the total body of work, you have to give it to OSU.

Last edited:
All I know is that I no longer give a shit who's going to be in the top four, since UM will not be one of them. Bama's probably going to win the whole thing again anyway.

All I know is that I no longer give a shit who's going to be in the top four, since UM will not be one of them. Bama's probably going to win the whole thing again anyway.

Bama is scary for sure, but despite the score they looked vulnerable to me yesterday. Florida started off that game pretty well and moved the ball a fair amount and they are no offensive juggernaut. They just made a few costly mistakes where Alabama made them pay and then some.

Bama seems comparable to one of those basketball teams where you think you are in the game, and then all of a sudden they put a 20-2 run on you. Still, if they aren't getting non-offensive touchdowns I could see these playoff games involving them being very much in doubt in the 4th quarter.

Bama is scary for sure, but despite the score they looked vulnerable to me yesterday. Florida started off that game pretty well and moved the ball a fair amount and they are no offensive juggernaut. They just made a few costly mistakes where Alabama made them pay and then some.

Bama seems comparable to one of those basketball teams where you think you are in the game, and then all of a sudden they put a 20-2 run on you. Still, if they aren't getting non-offensive touchdowns I could see these playoff games involving them being very much in doubt in the 4th quarter.

I agree; I don't necessarily think Bama would truck any of the other three teams, but I can see them doing just enough to win it all, unfortunately.

Whats funny is, while it wasnt as close as the UM-OSU game, it was the same premise but only for the amount of one quarter. Florida's defense was beating the shit out of Alabama and had an answer for everything until Florida's shitty quarterback decided to throw Bama touchdowns and Florida's really slow punter punt into the opposing players as if he was given an hour to get one off.

I dont think they are as good as Michigans D, but they are far more opportunistic. I feel the same about Ohio State's defense compared to Michigan's. You put points on Bama's defense and their mediocre offense will have real trouble catching up

Last edited:
Back