Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Thoughts on Israel

Blue, look at the bright side...at least you didn't go up against a Sicilian when death was on the line. ;)

Blue, look at the bright side...at least you didn't go up against a Sicilian when death was on the line. ;)

8ZvPbzo.gif

So...you think Israel should not have gone, but they should not be criticized for going?

...and the difference between cause and blame is minuscule?

I personally cannot say I would have gone in at that specific time, but I k ow not what the leaders did when they made their decision. None of us do. So while I probably would not have doesn't mean they were wrong. So many elements makes it impossible to make a correct decision, only wrong ones. Now some will say it is better not to have sent in troops or missiles resulting in so many deaths. While that is true, it is impossible to know as an outsider if they had intel suggesting a larger than normal attack was going to be unleashed. Damned if they do, possibly dead if they don't. It is lose-lose, just like every skirmish between the two sides. Hamas keeps rattling the chain, at some point the dog will bite. Is that the sole fault of the dog?

Oh? Tell me what else I think.

And what amount of truth? You are rambling on yet you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. And I'm an extremest because I don't just blindly accept whatever the Israeli government does as the right thing even when the UN security council and the world court have found them in violation of things? Or am I an extremest because I'm not a tail-wagging slappie like you who just accepts whatever the conservative or popular opinion tells you to believe. Arabs bad, Jews good right sparty? You're such a one-dimensional drone it's pathetic.

Who is blindly accepting whatever the Israeli government does as the right thing to do. Not me - go back and read my posts. By the way, the UN security council is a joke and has no legitimate standing here - if you actually did a little research you might be aware of that fact. For example, as of 2014, Israel had been condemned in 50 resolutions by the Council since its creation in 2006—the Council had resolved almost more resolutions condemning Israel than on the rest of the world combined. The 50 resolutions comprised almost half (45.9%) of all country-specific resolutions passed by the Council, not counting those under Agenda Item 10 (countries requiring technical assistance). By April 2007, the Council had passed eleven resolutions condemning Israel, the only country which it had specifically condemned. Toward Sudan, a country with human rights abuses as documented by the Council's working groups, it has expressed "deep concern". That's right, genocide in Sudan was of "deep concern" whereas Israel has been "condemned" for it's actions 50 times in 8 years. And you call me a sheep - you're a fuckin assclown. Do some reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Human_Rights_Council#Israel
http://www.unwatch.org/site/c.bdKKISNqEmG/b.3820041/

While you're at it, look at the roster of the UN Human Rights Council (yeah, it's not the Security Council, it's the Human Rights Council) then look at the anti-Israel votes and see how most if not all Western democracy's abstain (probably bc they don't want bombs going off in pizza and coffee shops around Europe of they vote to veto) while these things pass almost exclusively on the votes of Islamic Middle Eastern and North African states who are known to be among the most egregious abusers of human rights and shouldn't have a seat on the council in the first place. It's a joke - like you.

Last edited:
I didn't call you a sheep. I'd never insult sheep like that.

And your argument about the UN is just retarded. Just like you are.

" By the way, the UN security council is a joke and has no legitimate standing here" Now by "here" do you mean this forum? Or the empty 8 inches between your ears?

Again, you're a drone (not a sheep, sheep are useful) willing to swallow whatever you're fed and making any excuse to justify your claims.

I didn't call you a sheep. I'd never insult sheep like that.

And your argument about the UN is just retarded. Just like you are.

" By the way, the UN security council is a joke and has no legitimate standing here" Now by "here" do you mean this forum? Or the empty 8 inches between your ears?

Again, you're a drone (not a sheep, sheep are useful) willing to swallow whatever you're fed and making any excuse to justify your claims.

Are you a farmer or do you just struggle with the ladies? Because most folks would probably say drones are a lot more useful than sheep. Just ask your hero, Barry Obama. Oh, zing. To answer your question, no. By "here" I meant with respect to the current situation in Gaza but I really mean anywhere. The UN itself is a joke and has no credibility and the UN Human Rights Council is even worse. But I'm not asking you to take my word for it and you shouldn't. I invite you again to look it up for yourself. Did you do that or are you just willing to swallow whatever headline you're fed by MSNBC or some libtard website. By the way, the source for the information I told you to confirm for yourself isn't Wikipedia or a pro-Israeli site or even some right wing conspiracy site - it's the UN's own website. It's all right there - all the names of the countries on the HRC are right there as are all the votes and how each country voted. Check it out, then tell me how meaningful the UN's condemnation of Israel is.

I'll do you a favor and save you some times. Here are some FACTS about the most recent vote to condemn Israel...Here's a few of the countries that voted for the council - Algeria, China, Congo, C?te d’Ivoire, Cuba, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Namibia, Pakistan, Philippines, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela, and Viet Nam. Iran is not on the list because they don't currently have a seat on the council but don't worry, they have a spot on the U.N.’s Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) which advocates for women's rights around the globe - whew, whatever would we do without Iran's voice of reason when it comes to women's rights? So 19 of the 29 yes votes are some of the most egregious human rights violators in the world. In some of those countries they chop off your hand for shoplifting, hang you if you are gay and being Christian or Jewish is also punishable by death. Some of them outlaw the education of women and condone or turn a blind eye to things like honor killings and female genital mutilation, many are run by dictators. With the possible exception of India, which has a caste system, and systematically represses women, I don't think any one of those countries is even close to a democracy. Not one European country voted for it, nor did Canada but sadly, only the United States had the guts to stand up to these hypocrites and vote no. Anyone who thinks this vote is anything more than a farce or that the UN council on human rights has any credibility has their head in the sand.

Then maybe dig a little deeper and read up on genocide in Africa - remember a little story about Rwanda, where the Hutus were slaughtering Tutsi's by the 100s of thousands? Did you know the UN had "peacekeepers" there the whole time? And that they did NOTHING but watch while the bloodshed unfolded? Do you know how the UN punished the man in charge of those UN forces for his gross incompetence? His name was Kofi Annan - they made him Secretary General. After you read about that, check out his role in the Oil for Food Scandal where he and his family were profiting from the rampant corruption and abuse of the program that was supposed to provide assistance to Iraq. By the way, the Oil for Food program was run by Kofi's son. Yes, the UN is a joke and you're just a mindless sheep eating the story hook, line and sinker.

Last edited:
Don't know whether this is a legal post according to DSF terms of agreement. If not, a Mod can kill.

http://stophamasnow.com/

"Here's the difference between us. We're using missile defense to protect our civilians, and they're using their civilians to protect their missiles."- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

Right, its self defense when you rain missiles down on hospitals and residential housing.

More bullshit propaganda that stinks just as much as the stuff put out by Hamas.

Don't know whether this is a legal post according to DSF terms of agreement. If not, a Mod can kill.

http://stophamasnow.com/

So far, the only thing that has been declared illegal on the politics board, at least to my knowledge, is posts about having fucked another poster's wife.

I'm pretty sure "is" is correct here, as opposed to "are," because even though "posts" is plural, the word "is" (a form of the verb "be") actually applies to the subject "thing" which is singular.

I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: I guess "is any post" would have been better than "is posts."

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he is not talking about posting rules on the DSF, but rather agreement the DSF has with it's host services [Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.] about what it can have on the website period.

"Here's the difference between us. We're using missile defense to protect our civilians, and they're using their civilians to protect their missiles."- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

Right, its self defense when you rain missiles down on hospitals and residential housing.

More bullshit propaganda that stinks just as much as the stuff put out by Hamas.

Thumb, I have to applaud this post for being 100% accurate. We are often debating from different sides of issues, so just wanted to give you props on this one.

Back