Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Thoughts on Israel

Probably not accurate, but I figured I'd post anyways:

Last edited:
Well that's probably because the Detroit area has the highest Arabic population west of Mecca and the US is racist.

Well that's probably because the Detroit area has the highest Arabic population west of Mecca and the US is racist.

Probably. I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with lobbyists or anything.

are you fucking kidding me? It wasn't news to me, because I'm familiar with this bullshit propaganda.

"Would you believe us if we said that the best litmus test of any society's success is its attitude towards Israel?"

Not kidding. Think about it and plug in some names. Egypt? Syria? Lebanon? Iran? All garden spots, right? Plug in some others.

"Would you believe us if we said that the best litmus test of any society's success is its attitude towards The United States?"

Most citizens of the US would agree with this.

Our Western European allies would have a fairly high level of agreement; although they might say that the litmus test should be about a nation's attitude should be about each of themselves.

Especially the fuckin' French.

Poo-in would say that litmus test is wrong; the litmus test should definitely be a nation's attitude towards Russia.

The Chinese would all go out and buy American blue jeans and wait for their government to tell them how to respond.

The Japanese would start a giant kieretsu discussion to attempt to come to a consensus.

Most Islamic nations would say "death to America!"

Most African nations wouldn't give a shit.

Israel wouldn't have time to worry about this kind of tripe; with its existential awareness of its struggle for the preservation of its own existence.

Last edited:
You've had some great fkn jobs, damn.

Belated thanks for this, by the way.

I've probably been fired from more bitchin' jobs than most people will ever be able to have had even one of them in a lifetime.

Because I'm an arrogant cocky ass mother fuckin ' bastard, and I don't suffer fools lightly.

I've always managed to land on my feet though; and usually always managed to negotiate a fairly inequitable settlement (inequitable in my favor, thank you very much) when I delineated to whomever was firing me the 60 ways from Sunday that I could ram Hell up their ass.

so much for those vaulted "precision strikes" (link) 4 kids playing soccer on a beach. Then there's this:
"More than 150 civilians, including more than 40 children, have been killed in Israel?s air assaults in Gaza to curb militant rocket fire. Civilians make up about 75 percent of the Palestinian deaths, according to a running count by the United Nations.
according to Israel Radio, that about half the people killed so far were 'not involved in terrorism.'"
so at least half were not involved in terrorism. Firing HE ordinance into a densely populated area will do that. on the other hand...
"Hamas and allied militants have fired more than 1,000 rockets into Israel since July 8. One Israeli civilian has been killed. Most rockets have fallen in open ground or have been destroyed by Israel?s Iron Dome interception system."

images

hamas-cartoon.jpg

Last edited:
sometimes that's all it takes. I probably could have just posted one and people would get the context your numbers were taken out of - assuming they didn't already know that Israel has been giving civilians ample warning ahead of bombings but Hamas is still using civilian human shields to protect their ordnance they use to deliberately and indiscriminately target Israeli civilians (so far unsuccessfully, thankfully). Then there's this, in case you still think Israel indifferent to or is intentionally targeting civilians...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE7ykidY7FA

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTArVIHDelg

Last edited:
It's almost like you think the almost two million Palestinian civilians aren't blockaded into a sliver of land and could just go somewhere else. Maybe their vacation homes, right?

The disparity in casualties is crazy. The self defense logic makes no sense given who is doing what to who.

It's almost like you think the almost two million Palestinian civilians aren't blockaded into a sliver of land and could just go somewhere else. Maybe their vacation homes, right?

The disparity in casualties is crazy. The self defense logic makes no sense given who is doing what to who.

It's almost like you think if the Israelis tell them "we're going to bomb this building right here" the civilians can't actually leave that building and have no choice but to stay there and die.

What do you think the disparity in casualties should be? Should the Israelis wait until the Palestinians get lucky and the iron dome doesn't stop a rocket lobbed at Tel Aviv and 10s or 100s of civilians die before taking out these targets? At the beginning of the Iraq war a bunch of hippies tried to fly to Iraq to volunteer as human shields. The US basically said 'don't do that, because if you do, you will probably die.'

Last edited:
It's almost like you think if the Israelis tell them "we're going to bomb this building right here" the civilians can't actually leave that building and have no choice but to stay there and die.

but they're not doing that. they're lobbing high explosive ordinance into a densely populated area.
What do you think the disparity in casualties should be? Should the Israelis wait until the Palestinians get lucky and iron dome doesn't stop a rocket lobbed at Tel Aviv and 10s or 100s of civilians die before taking out these targets? At the beginning of the Iraq war a bunch of hippies tried to fly to Iraq to volunteer as human shields. The US - don't do that, because if you do, you will probably die.

I don't know, but 1,000 rockets that have killed one (1) person maybe doesn't warrant multiple airstrikes on a densely populated civilian area.

they are doing that - they're announcing the bombings a day or more before on TV, radio and dropping letter bombs in the targeted areas. And they're not lobbing legislation into Gaza, they're lobbing ordnance.

As for the 1k rockets - your opponents incompetence and your anti-rocket capabilities are not enough to justify not taking measures to eradicate the threat. At this rate, the Palestinians will get lucky. What then? Why take that chance?

Last edited:
they are doing that - they're announcing the bombings a day or more before on TV, radio and dropping letter bombs in the targeted areas. And they're not lobbing legislation into Gaza, they're lobbing ordnance.

As for the 1k rockets - your opponents incompetence and your anti-rocket capabilities are not enough to justify not taking measures to eradicate the threat. At this rate, the Palestinians will get lucky. What then? Why take that chance?

Just curious: even if you think what the Israeli's are doing is a matter of self defense in some way, do you actually agree with their methods strategically and morally? The potential negative ramifications of bombing hospitals, lone children, etc. include: further galvanizing the "enemy" and forcing it even further to an extreme oppositional form (Palestinians, with good reason I might add, feel like they have no just recourse already), not to mention the potential to lose the increasingly important PR battle internationally -- which they will, not now, but in the long run.

Last edited:
Back