Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Thoughts on Israel

So your response would be to knock out power and water supply to Palestine in a battle that is likely to last weeks or months? All while attacking buildings that you know have civilians in? Fuck Hamas for putting the people in that position, but it is disgusting that Israel KNOWS they're going to kill so many innocent people in order to take a few weapons and terrorists.

It's not ideal but they have no choice. Israel announces the bombings, robot-calls and letter bombs areas before they take out these targets. Then after the bombings they offer aid to the victims. Whereas Hamas lies to the people to coerce them to stay and refuses any humanitarian aid from Israel because they don't value human life - at least not as much as the PR value to dead civilians. It's a tragedy no doubt, but the overwhelming bulk of the blame rests with Hamas.

It's not ideal but they have no choice. Israel announces the bombings, robot-calls and letter bombs areas before they take out these targets. Then after the bombings they offer aid to the victims. Whereas Hamas lies to the people to coerce them to stay and refuses any humanitarian aid from Israel because they don't value human life - at least not as much as the PR value to dead civilians. It's a tragedy no doubt, but the overwhelming bulk of the blame rests with Hamas.

And you call yourself a Christian? Yikes.

A terrorist group kidnaps your whole family in your own home. Cousins, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, parents, grandparents, kids, wife/gf, all of them. They use your home to fire RPGs at the police station, but they are shot out of the sky each time. The police decide to just destroy your home in an effort to get the bad guys, event hough th ey know there are children and innocent adults inside. You survive. Most die.

Don't you think you'd hold some hate for the police? Now, what if that scenario occurred in your entire city? Victims become terrorists...just as it always happens in these countries.

Israel is creating more hatred. That's all.

Hamas stores missiles in a school? Take out the school.
In a mosque? Take out the mosque.
In a hospital? Take out the hospital.
At the water treatment plant? Take out the plant.
Behind human shields? Take out the shields.

The purpose for Hamas to exist is so that Jews don't. See their charter. And oh by the way, these fucks didn't grab power, they were elected. There are no diplomatic solutions. If one side doesn't win in the next 50 years the same fight will be raging in 51.

Hamas started a war. Fuck 'em and be done.

Last edited:
Wow.

113685686_iDontWantToLiveOnThisPlanetAnymoreLandscape_answer_2_xlarge.png

And you call yourself a Christian? Yikes.

A terrorist group kidnaps your whole family in your own home. Cousins, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, parents, grandparents, kids, wife/gf, all of them. They use your home to fire RPGs at the police station, but they are shot out of the sky each time. The police decide to just destroy your home in an effort to get the bad guys, event hough th ey know there are children and innocent adults inside. You survive. Most die.

Don't you think you'd hold some hate for the police? Now, what if that scenario occurred in your entire city? Victims become terrorists...just as it always happens in these countries.

Israel is creating more hatred. That's all.

Did I ever call myself a Christian? Is this personalization of the scenario supposed to be some big eye opener? Didn't I say it wasn't an ideal solution and there's no easy solution? But I think I'd have a lot more hate for the terrorist group that took my family hostage and used them as a tool to do evil with impunity and would place the blame squarely on them. And to be clear, not every rocket is being shot down. Many get through but so far, thankfully have not hit any population centers. They will succeed at some point and Israel is right to not take that chance.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone outside of Palestine has ever endorsed Hamas as an ideal political party. But no one should be surprised that's who gets elected in Palestine, when you look at what the Israeli government has been doing to the Palestinians for the last... well... 30 - 40 years? You force people to live in extreme circumstances by law and force, and they will vote for extreme political parties.

...and then of course, those extreme political parties give you an excuse to go in and bomb their people with "precision guided weapons" like heavy artillery...

Just don't go into fast food restaurant kitchens or bathrooms that have an attendant and you'll never run into idiots like him.

he lives in north east ohio. Maybe he's been drinking the water... when the big bad government tells you not to drink it, remember... that's what THEY want you not to do. Don't listen to them. It's Jesus Water, and it will give you everlasting life.

It's Jesus Water, and it will give you everlasting life.

Fuck the Jesus water. I'm on your team, atheist. You and that birdbrain from Saginaw. And Monster, of course. And probably some others. Bob, I think.

Last edited:
link:
The claim that Hamas bares the responsibility for Palestinian civilian deaths is ludicrous. A recent NY Times Article published on July 23, 2014 stated that ?there is no evidence that Hamas and other militants force civilians to stay in areas that are under attack ? the legal definition of human shield.? Jeremy Bowen, a BBC Middle East reporter in Gaza, confirmed this as well. On July 25, Amnesty International reported that there is no evidence ?at this point [behind the notion] that Palestinian civilians have been intentionally used by Hamas or Palestinian armed groups during the current hostilities to ?shield? specific locations or military personnel or equipment from Israeli attacks.?

Like any other human beings, Palestinians protect their children and loved ones, and would flee to areas of safety, if there were any areas safe from Israeli attacks. All people have the right to seek refuge in times of war. By blockading Gaza, Israel and Egypt have deprived the Palestinians of this right and trapped them in an impossible situation.

This alleged restraint that the Israeli ambassador to the U.S. wants us to recognize is simply not present in any of the IDF?s actions. Israeli talking points promote the view that the IDF complies with international law. But when we look at these distinct cases, and the soaring civilian death toll, we are not fooled. Self-defense, if applicable in this case, warrants only the necessary amount of force to quell the armed attack. Israel is going above and beyond, and this operation will only be measured in the loss of lives, limbs, and loved ones in Gaza, and the continued terrorization of 1.8 million people.
...But that was written by a Palestinian attorney, so you can just dismiss it out of hand.

it's impossible to look at the situation there, with the most powerful army surrounding an area the size of a postage stamp (which they decided to halve, by decree, issuing the right to invade or bomb half of the Gaza Strip just because they can) and blame the government of the people getting bombed... I don't see how any sane person can do that. from the same article:
A perceived military advantage cannot justify the mass murder of innocents, under international law. This claim has been used over and over again, and rejected by international officials, over the course of history, and most recently, with regards to the Serbian 44-month siege of Sarajevo. While Serbian generals claimed they only fired in self-defense, the reports of hundreds of shells raining down on densely populated areas said otherwise. Thousands of civilians were killed in the siege and bombardment. Today, the generals who led the offensive in Sarajevo, most notably Ratko Mladic, and the political officials in charge of the siege, such as Radovan Karadzic, are being tried for war crimes in The Hague.

And just so we don't get bogged down by one of your stupid semantics arguments, feel free to replace the word "support" with "agree with," "endorse" or "approve of."

Israel has the moral high ground here and you know it but you're an anti-semitic biggot and you suck.

I see the problem here. I think Spartanmack meant to say MC is anti-semantics.

that guy who built the Zilwaukee Bridge, maybe. I didn't know he posted here. he's a Republican.

I didn't know Jimmy Carter was a Republican...

wait a second...michchamp, are you really Jimmy Carter? so many of your posts make sense now! nice try on the misdirection there, and my apologies for blowing your cover. won't happen again, you have my word as an NSA agent, your secret is safe with me!

The Deputy speaker of the Israeli Knesset calls for genocide against the Palestinians... link.

I guess they're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Does "The Israel Test" still apply?

Congrats on discovering the truth, all Jews are evil and want to commit genocide against the Muslims! BWAHAHAHAHAHA *golf clap*

Seriously, this guy is a disgrace, obviously. Not because his statements were made public, but because no honorable Jew should ever consider genocide to be a proper course of action. It ranks right up there with the Confederate Jews who owned slaves and fought with the South despite their knowledge of Moses and the Exodus. It is NOT an acceptable mindset amongst the majority of Jews, but neither is allowing a nation with the stated goal of eliminating all Jews to be left unchecked.

Remove the extremists, remove the problem. I'm good if that means removing this Deputy first to set the tone and lay the ground work of expectation moving forward.

Back