Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tired of talking about 2013 and before.....

A "scout" said all this. Let's just see him play before we say if it's a good pick or not.

Nice link.

I like Ebron but I knew there were some detractors. Interesting to read the brutal honest assessment even if it was anonymous.

The concentration drops always scare me. C Rog was the same way. Hopefully Ebron has stronger collarbones.

A "scout" said all this. Let's just see him play before we say if it's a good pick or not.

But plenty of people are saying it is a "good" pick (I'm one of them) before seeing him play. Only fair that others can say it is a "bad" pick.

Scouts have been wrong before. Scouts have been right before. It all comes down to a millionaire catching, running and blocking on Sundays.

I'm excited to see him play. Maybe I'm just jaded to figure no matter who they pick they'll still be the Lions.

I'm more excited for Caldwell. That's what makes 2013 a distant memory. This is the first head coach that I listen to when he speaks probably in my lifetime. I'll admit Mooch didn't sound like an idiot when he got here. Some of the other coaches I know said "duh" in their opening press conference.

1. Talent of the pick (Ebron has alot)
2. Proper spot drafted (yes 10 was about right)
3. Logic of the pick (yes we needed speed TE/slot hybrid especially in this new offense)
4. Production

This is how picks are judged. Ebron passes the first 3 with flying colors. 4 is TBD.

I wish I could share your sentiment with giving any credence to what head coaches say. As a Michigan fan, almost everyone I came across was so pumped up that Brady Hoke came in with that bravado, "This is Michigan," all that crap. To me, it's all speak. Just prove it on the field.

I wish I could share your sentiment with giving any credence to what head coaches say. As a Michigan fan, almost everyone I came across was so pumped up that Brady Hoke came in with that bravado, "This is Michigan," all that crap. To me, it's all speak. Just prove it on the field.

C'mon, Brady Hoke has so much Rah Rah coming out of him he'll be the first Mascot roaming the Michigan sidelines.

Wayne Fontes was classic "The Big Buck" and "What do you mean I'm fired?". First time I heard Marinelli I thought it was Millen speaking. I was thinking in my head "When is he gonna introduce the new coach?" When I realized it was him my expectations dropped. Bobby Ross? It was just him being from the South I think but he sounded like a goof when I first heard him.

I don't care what the coach says either - I know that he has to be respected by a lot of men and I'm sure those same men are getting those cues. Verbal communication is a vital aspect to being a coach. Caldwell seems pretty together. He seems to care about football more than being a celebrity like the last coach.

1. Talent of the pick (Ebron has alot)
2. Proper spot drafted (yes 10 was about right)
3. Logic of the pick (yes we needed speed TE/slot hybrid especially in this new offense)
4. Production

This is how picks are judged. Ebron passes the first 3 with flying colors. 4 is TBD.

1. There were other players with some damn fine talent at 10
2. A case can be made for the other guys
3. They needed another pass catcher. They also needed secondary. I daresay they needed it more because they have no future hall of fame players there.
4. Production

I got no beef with the pick. I figured four days before that Ebron would be the guy. I remember hearing Valenti say "You can't miss in this draft unless you take Ebron." I laughed because I knew he was expressing the sentiment of many.

I have to admit, I loved Marinelli's press conferences. Those were some of the most entertaining half hours I've ever heard. Some of his expressions that he used were absolutely hilarious.

"I'm going through this tunnel and I'm not looking. I've got these little bumps over the side I've got to take. But my tunnel is where I want to go."

"I believe in the invisible. I do."

I have to admit, I loved Marinelli's press conferences. Those were some of the most entertaining half hours I've ever heard. Some of his expressions that he used were absolutely hilarious.

"I'm going through this tunnel and I'm not looking. I've got these little bumps over the side I've got to take. But my tunnel is where I want to go."

"I believe in the invisible. I do."

I got hooked on Lion's press conferences listening to Marty - Mooch wasn't as interesting but then Marinelli was a goldmine. I would listen to the replays later in the day just to laugh some more. The thing about "You just have to keep digging" was awesome.

The nfc north led by josh mccown, matt Flynn and insert name here for the Vikings is an even bigger joke. Stafford sucked...

Staffords backup weapons sucked and his starters had mental lapses despite loads of talent. 29 TDs is doing your job.

I know this comment is pointless to bring up, but does it matter if Stafford sucks or is great? Does it matter if he's just average? The season plays out completely without our interference. Maybe Stafford is being hindered by his teammates, maybe he's being propped up by them. Maybe the team is unlucky, maybe the team is getting a raw deal from the refs. Everybody has their opinion, but nobody knows for sure.

Why keep arguing with people that have no reason to consider other opinions?

I know this comment is pointless to bring up, but does it matter if Stafford sucks or is great? Does it matter if he's just average? The season plays out completely without our interference. Maybe Stafford is being hindered by his teammates, maybe he's being propped up by them. Maybe the team is unlucky, maybe the team is getting a raw deal from the refs. Everybody has their opinion, but nobody knows for sure.

Why keep arguing with people that have no reason to consider other opinions?

I'm not trying to change hughes opinion. He's entrenched in blind negativity or stupidity. One of the two.

If some Lion fan stumbles onto this board, I want them to know the truth to what happened with Stafford (bad weapons (some due to injury), only 12 picks his fault). So I will counter every blind misinformed negative post with a the truth.

I'm not trying to change hughes opinion. He's entrenched in blind negativity or stupidity. One of the two.

If some Lion fan stumbles onto this board, I want them to know the truth to what happened with Stafford (bad weapons (some due to injury), only 12 picks his fault). So I will counter every blind misinformed negative post with a the truth.

Your truth of course. Chances are that Lion fan will already have his own opinion. Speaking from experience.

but it's not the truth...it's your biased version of what happened. The truth is what happened...they went 7-9 and Stafford had too many turnovers that cost the Lions some key games.

Yes it matters if Stafford is great vs average. I apologize if I am misreading your intent here, but if the Lions wasted a #1 overall pick on an average QB, then yeah it matters big time. He was drafted to be a franchise changer. So far, we have received that average QB.

and we like to point out how you contradict yourself all the time. this post for instance you say he has bad weapons....yet mayhew is great and we have great depth on this team.

Its been pointed out at nauseum even if staffords weapons were below average (which is hard to imagine considering he had the best WR in the game, reggie bush, joique bell, Pettigrew, one of the best passing olines in football etc etc etc etc etc etc) then a #1 overall qb should do his job to make his guys perform at a high level. Our qb performed like an 8th grade qb throwing with his off hand.

What I find most amusing is LKP insults Stafford as much, if not more, than anyone. In the way he tries to defend him he is actually saying he is nothing more than average. The amount of talent LKP says he needs to have around him to be successful is laughable. No QB has as much as LKP says stafford needs.

Back