Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

Then why believe them? And not just "believe" but have "faith" in them as they demand?

But I know we'll never see eye-to-eye on this... if you want to believe what some sex offender tells you about an imaginary man in the sky, give him your money, and on Sundays go spend an hour listening to him opine on moral issues, have at it.

I don't.

Really wasn't asking you to.

The priest I see is not a sex offender - you're just projecting for the sake of the argument. Sad.

Trouble is, I do not think I evangelize about being Catholic as much you do about being an atheist, and an anti-Catholic. Someone makes an ignorant statement about something that I not only believe in, but am passionate about, prepare to get slapped.

You do the same thing on the politics board.

No where did I disagree with the initial premise that these vile people should rot in jail. Catholicism, however, is not just a group of people at all. I won't force you to read my prose drone on (and I expect a thank you :*) ) about what it actually is, however, I know that you have completely different experiences where religion is involved. I can still think you are wrong and ignorant about some of those things.

Also bear in mind that I am not calling you stupid, it is obvious you are not, but there is quite a bit that it seems you just don't know or have never been exposed to.

<Off soap box> Easier getting up on it than getting down off it. :*)

Really wasn't asking you to.

The priest I see is not a sex offender - you're just projecting for the sake of the argument. Sad.

Trouble is, I do not think I evangelize about being Catholic as much you do about being an atheist, and an anti-Catholic. Someone makes an ignorant statement about something that I not only believe in, but am passionate about, prepare to get slapped.

You do the same thing on the politics board.

No where did I disagree with the initial premise that these vile people should rot in jail. Catholicism, however, is not just a group of people at all. I won't force you to read my prose drone on (and I expect a thank you :*) ) about what it actually is, however, I know that you have completely different experiences where religion is involved. I can still think you are wrong and ignorant about some of those things.

Also bear in mind that I am not calling you stupid, it is obvious you are not, but there is quite a bit that it seems you just don't know or have never been exposed to.

<Off soap box> Easier getting up on it than getting down off it. :*)

I have been exposed to the Catholic religion, and personally, I think it's a bunch of horse shit.

But hey, we are all entitled to our opinion.

I have been exposed to the Catholic religion, and personally, I think it's a bunch of horse shit.

But hey, we are all entitled to our opinion.

I have been exposed to your opinion, and I think its a bunch of horseshit.

Funny how opinions work.

This could be it's own thread. I think even non-Catholics would be interested. The Pope has always been far to liberal for the most conservative elements of the Church (naturally) and now the sexual abuse scandal is being used to try to remove him. I don't think it's going to work.

I've read some criticisms of him as the "Barack Obama" of popes, as in his "liberalism" is strictly rhetorical, and all his actual policy decisions have been to take a hands-off approach and let the status quo operate as usual.

I've read some criticisms of him as the "Barack Obama" of popes, as in his "liberalism" is strictly rhetorical, and all his actual policy decisions have been to take a hands-off approach and let the status quo operate as usual.

That's not really a fair description, but I get why people would think so. He's liberal relative to people that work at the Vatican, not the US spectrum. What is radically liberal for Catholicism mostly rhetoric to outsiders that have unrealistic ideas about what they'd like to see happen and how quickly. He's made dramatic change, shaken up the power structure and financial oversight (or he's been trying to), appointed more liberal (by Catholic standards) Cardinals (who vote for the next Pope).

Vatican deep state is probably more of a thing than US gov deep state. Pope Francis has been going after the money; he's not just letting the status quo ride at all.

https://cruxnow.com/vatican/2018/06...a-hail-mary-pass-on-vatican-financial-reform/

This could be it's own thread. I think even non-Catholics would be interested. The Pope has always been far to liberal for the most conservative elements of the Church (naturally) and now the sexual abuse scandal is being used to try to remove him. I don't think it's going to work.

I think you should start the thread yourself.

I think you should start the thread yourself.

The Detroit Sports Forum "Spanish Inquisition" Thread.

All the board's Catholics have to report to the thread and be grilled by Byco, who is granted mod powers for the thread.

Well maybe I will. But not until I'm done thinking about the NM solar observatory.

what's the weather like? you're outside Durham, right?

Looks like that's just on the edge of the rain bands right now, and all the models I've seen expect Flo to move south west, and then hook around back north

what's the weather like? you're outside Durham, right?

Looks like that's just on the edge of the rain bands right now, and all the models I've seen expect Flo to move south west, and then hook around back north

Somewhat windy, but not crazy windy. If I went to a big open space, I could easily fly a kite. Not currently raining, but the ground is saturated.

Somewhat windy, but not crazy windy. If I went to a big open space, I could easily fly a kite. Not currently raining, but the ground is saturated.

are people you haven't heard from in years texting you and asking you to send pics?

That kept happening to me.

a couple times I told them to fuck off, and a couple times I texted them really boring pictures of my non-flooded street and lawn, then told them to fuck off.

Not sure what some of them were expecting. Like... I'm going to be wading through a storm surge to safety, with debris flying all around, and stop to take pics for them?

are people you haven't heard from in years texting you and asking you to send pics?

That kept happening to me.

a couple times I told them to fuck off, and a couple times I texted them really boring pictures of my non-flooded street and lawn, then told them to fuck off.

Not sure what some of them were expecting. Like... I'm going to be wading through a storm surge to safety, with debris flying all around, and stop to take pics for them?

I've been asked for updates on facebook, but only my family is on the phone. I did send them boring pictures. The gusts are picking up a bit. It's entirely possible I'll lose a tree or two or power could go out. Trees here are very tall and skinny and seem to fall down easy. Like 14-16" diameter trees are 60-80 feet tall (just eye balling it.)

I've been asked for updates on facebook, but only my family is on the phone. I did send them boring pictures. The gusts are picking up a bit. It's entirely possible I'll lose a tree or two or power could go out. Trees here are very tall and skinny and seem to fall down easy. Like 14-16" diameter trees are 60-80 feet tall (just eye balling it.)

My advice to you is to stay away from the trees then.

Hopefully are near to your house.

having a tree fall on you is a crappy way to die.

Back