Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's Good Old American mass shooting brought to you by...

Was the good gal Gal Godot?

Sounds like something one of her action characters might do.

Sounds more like a Gina Carano or Uma Thurman character move to me.

But if she?s married and living in Indiana, maybe. I doubt it though - from what I know of her, she?s more of a mediocre gal?

Last edited:
Orange County, California, come on down!

3 dead, 6 others shot as retired cop murders his estranged wife and indiscriminately shoots bar patrons (link).

3 dead, 6 others shot as retired cop murders his estranged wife and indiscriminately shoots bar patrons (link).

You must have a little woody. The perfect storm, a mass shooting and it was done by an ex cop. ;)

You must have a little woody. The perfect storm, a mass shooting and it was done by an ex cop. ;)

maybe, but it's actually from doing a search for usc song girls while I was writing the score prediction thread yesterday

I did like the pic you posted in that thread. :clap:

I actually found some even better pics, but I didn't post them because I'm trying to keep things more wholesome for the more devout posters, like Byco.

Oh wow.

I?m hearing about this now on KTLA 5.

They?ve moved on to Kobe Bryant news.

Yesterday was his birthday and today is 8/24, the date that combines the two t-shirt numbers he wore.

EDIT: LA Times links are unobtainable unless one subscribes. I recommend KTLA.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bu76pdqqQQ

Last edited:
Oh wow.

I?m hearing about this now on KTLA 5.

They?ve moved on to Kobe Bryant news.

Yesterday was his birthday and today is 8/24, the date that combines the two t-shirt numbers he wore.

EDIT: LA Times links are unobtainable unless one subscribes. I recommend KTLA.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bu76pdqqQQ

As I understand it, this was a "Biker Bar" like a 65 year old retired accountant is a "Biker." They were having a "spaghetti night."

But I guess "shooting at a biker bar" sounds less "Un-American" than "retired cop flips out and murders his wife in public, kills two others and injures 10 more."

Florida Man Time... Jacksonville, FL, COME ON DOWN!
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. ? A masked white man fatally shot three Black people inside a Jacksonville, Florida, Dollar General store in a predominately African-American neighborhood on Saturday, in an attack where he used a gun painted with a swastika, officials said. The shooter, who had also posted racist writings, then killed himself.
[Sheriff] Waters said the shooter, who was in his 20s, used a Glock handgun and an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle with at least one of them painted with a swastika. He was wearing a bullet-resistant vest. He said the shooter had once been involved in a 2016 domestic violence incident and was once involuntarily committed to a mental hospital for examination. He did not provide further details on those incidents.
It's important violently insane people can purchase military weapons, like an AR-15, designed to slaughter enemy soldiers on an open battlefield, to use for everyday mass shootings in America, or we might live under tyranny or something. Though depending on who you listen to, we DO live in a tyranny every time we have a president from the Democratic party, but strangely enough assault rifles don't prevent that from happening. And then we go back to no tyranny when a Republican is elected president. Go figure that one out!

Florida Man Time... Jacksonville, FL, COME ON DOWN!
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. ? A masked white man fatally shot three Black people inside a Jacksonville, Florida, Dollar General store in a predominately African-American neighborhood on Saturday, in an attack where he used a gun painted with a swastika, officials said. The shooter, who had also posted racist writings, then killed himself.
[Sheriff] Waters said the shooter, who was in his 20s, used a Glock handgun and an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle with at least one of them painted with a swastika. He was wearing a bullet-resistant vest. He said the shooter had once been involved in a 2016 domestic violence incident and was once involuntarily committed to a mental hospital for examination. He did not provide further details on those incidents.
It's important violently insane people can purchase military weapons, like an AR-15, designed to slaughter enemy soldiers on an open battlefield, to use for everyday mass shootings in America, or we might live under tyranny or something. Though depending on who you listen to, we DO live in a tyranny every time we have a president from the Democratic party, but strangely enough assault rifles don't prevent that from happening. And then we go back to no tyranny when a Republican is elected president. Go figure that one out!

An AR-15 isn?t a military weapon and literally everyone is for common sense gun reforms that limit the ability of mentally ill individuals to purchase or possess guns. We just don?t support limiting the rights of everyone to accomplish that. The rest of this disingenuous rant is even dumber and not worth responding to directly.

An AR-15 isn?t a military weapon and literally everyone is for common sense gun reforms that limit the ability of mentally ill individuals to purchase or possess guns. We just don?t support limiting the rights of everyone to accomplish that. The rest of this disingenuous rant is even dumber and not worth responding to directly.

But not actually everyone. Everyone with common sense supports common sense reforms.

Trump ended rule to block mentally ill from getting guns

And it's not just a Trump thing. The vote was 57-43 in the Senate and 235-180 in the House and had the backing of the NRA and ACLU. There are a lot of people that believe everyone should have firearms, regardless of their mental state.

But not actually everyone. Everyone with common sense supports common sense reforms.

Trump ended rule to block mentally ill from getting guns

And it's not just a Trump thing. The vote was 57-43 in the Senate and 235-180 in the House and had the backing of the NRA and ACLU. There are a lot of people that believe everyone should have firearms, regardless of their mental state.

Opposing arbitrary policy that bans nonviolent people from legally purchasing firearms with no recourse based on social security payments isn?t opposing ?common sense? reforms.

Last edited:
This was mass shooting #565 in the US. There was another one after it though l, in NC, with 5 people shot dead in a house (link)

Today we Mess with texas!
WALLER COUNTY, Texas ? Seven people were wounded during a shooting at a trail ride pasture party held near Prairie View A&M University in Waller County Sunday night, according to the sheriff's office

Investigators also said they believe the shooting started as an argument that escalated when someone pulled out a gun and bystanders were shot.
An armed society is a... polite society?

NO!

It's a society where you're more likely to get shot over any minor disagreement that you have with retarded self-absorbed other Americans, because they're all packing!

Back