Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's Good Old American mass shooting brought to you by...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet that the young man or woman responsible for this shooting at Prairie View A&M did not have a permit for the gun or to carry concealed and most likely isn't representative of the legal gun owning/carrying community.

On another note, looks like a few pages from the Nashville shooters diary have been leaked. Sounds like the confused young lady was motivated by her hatred for wealthy "crackers" with all their daddies' mustangs and convertibles and white privileges. Now why would the powers that be want to keep that from the public?

I guess if we were told the truth (that a disproportionate number of these mass shootings are being committed by minorities and/or members of marginalized communities - what's this, the 8th mass shooting by an LGBTQ member in the last few years?) it would be a lot tougher for Christopher Wray to tell us the greatest threat to national security comes from right wing white nationalists.

Last edited:
Nevada, it's your turn in the barrel! Multiple victims in shooting at UNLV campus, and the shooter is dead.

Also... does a rampage count as a "mass shooting" or do the victims all have to be in one place? The NRA PR department wants to know, so they can argue this one doesn't count: 6 killed, 2 officers wounded in shooting rampage from San Antonio To Austin.

According to the mass shooting tracker, we're up to 630 for the year. 1.85 mass shootings per day. Let's see if we can get our average up to 2 per day!!! USA! USA!

Nevada, it's your turn in the barrel! Multiple victims in shooting at UNLV campus, and the shooter is dead.

Also... does a rampage count as a "mass shooting" or do the victims all have to be in one place? The NRA PR department wants to know, so they can argue this one doesn't count: 6 killed, 2 officers wounded in shooting rampage from San Antonio To Austin.

According to the mass shooting tracker, we're up to 630 for the year. 1.85 mass shootings per day. Let's see if we can get our average up to 2 per day!!! USA! USA!

no way we get to 2 with only 25 days left.

Ethan Crumbley's mom found guilty of involuntary manslaughter due to her son's actions.

I understand the arguments both for and against this, but hope the facts are egregious enough to ensure this doesn't set a precendent for railroading third-party convictions.

From the Freep coverage:
Chutkow explained that the jury may have felt the combination of the shooter's age and his mental health put greater responsibility on his parents to stop him from hurting himself or others. He said other prosecutors will likely look at this case as a road map for how to bring a similar prosecution.

"But I don’t think there will be a landslide of these cases because the facts here were so extreme," Chutkow said, stressing that the parents knew "their son was lonely and delusional, yet they bought him a lethal weapon just four days before the mass shooting."
The kid got life in prison without parole already. That's pretty harsh for a minor. It's totally inexcusable and what he did is despicable, but he was still a kid.

Judging from the record, there was plenty of blame to go around among the adults responsible for him, including the school administration.

And of course the psychos in the NRA and gun manufacturer's lobbies that push for widespread gun ownership... good thing they could get their mentally ill kid a gun so quickly! Every sale pays for a small portion of Wayne LaPierre's and Oliver North's grotesque compensation...

Ethan Crumbley's mom found guilty of involuntary manslaughter due to her son's actions.

I understand the arguments both for and against this, but hope the facts are egregious enough to ensure this doesn't set a precendent for railroading third-party convictions.

From the Freep coverage:
Chutkow explained that the jury may have felt the combination of the shooter's age and his mental health put greater responsibility on his parents to stop him from hurting himself or others. He said other prosecutors will likely look at this case as a road map for how to bring a similar prosecution.

"But I don’t think there will be a landslide of these cases because the facts here were so extreme," Chutkow said, stressing that the parents knew "their son was lonely and delusional, yet they bought him a lethal weapon just four days before the mass shooting."
The kid got life in prison without parole already. That's pretty harsh for a minor. It's totally inexcusable and what he did is despicable, but he was still a kid.

Judging from the record, there was plenty of blame to go around among the adults responsible for him, including the school administration.

And of course the psychos in the NRA and gun manufacturer's lobbies that push for widespread gun ownership... good thing they could get their mentally ill kid a gun so quickly! Every sale pays for a small portion of Wayne LaPierre's and Oliver North's grotesque compensation...

Oliver North resigned from the NRA 4 or 5 years ago after a dispute w/ LaPierre and Wayne LaPierre retired last week.

Oliver North resigned from the NRA 4 or 5 years ago after a dispute w/ LaPierre and Wayne LaPierre retired last week.

So is Charleston Heston gonna take over again?

Or what about Tom Selleck?

He’s pretty good in that Blue Bloods with Marky Mark and that pretty chick who’s baby mama to one of Tom Brady’s kids.

He’s pretty good in that Blue Bloods with Marky Mark and that pretty chick who’s baby mama to one of Tom Brady’s kids.

My in-laws watch that and say good things. I saw it once and remember seeing Marky Mark's brother but not Marky himself. I would take prime Bridget Moynahan (sp?) over prime Giselle any day.

My in-laws watch that and say good things. I saw it once and remember seeing Marky Mark's brother but not Marky himself. I would take prime Bridget Moynahan (sp?) over prime Giselle any day.

Yeah I duplicated my post later so please disregard it.

I know it’s Donny Mark but apparently Lindsey Baseball from ESPN LA 710 had a huge crush on Donnie Mark when he was in that boy band.

Your in laws aren’t wrong - it’s a really, really good TV show.

Yeah I duplicated my post later so please disregard it.

I know it’s Donny Mark but apparently Lindsey Baseball from ESPN LA 710 had a huge crush on Donnie Mark when he was in that boy band.

Your in laws aren’t wrong - it’s a really, really good TV show.

I think he’s married to Jenny McCarthy from Chicago who when talking about her fake boobs she just had replaced with smaller fake boobs with my friend’s girlfriend at the Crow Bar (Dennis Rodmans’ favorite Chicago hangout in the 90s) told her to go ahead and feel them. So all these dudes in this crowded night club were watching my friend’s pretty hot girlfriend feel up the playmate of the year. He said guys were high fiving him the rest of the night. As another totally unrelated tidbit, my friend went to uofm.

As another kinda related tidbit, I meant my “in-law” as we lost my sweet mother-in-law passed away this past summer. She was a fan of the show.

I think he’s married to Jenny McCarthy from Chicago who when talking about her fake boobs she just had replaced with smaller fake boobs with my friend’s girlfriend at the Crow Bar (Dennis Rodmans’ favorite Chicago hangout in the 90s) told her to go ahead and feel them. So all these dudes in this crowded night club were watching my friend’s pretty hot girlfriend feel up the playmate of the year. He said guys were high fiving him the rest of the night. As another totally unrelated tidbit, my friend went to uofm.

As another kinda related tidbit, I meant my “in-law” as we lost my sweet mother-in-law passed away this past summer. She was a fan of the show.

Condolences on your mother in law. Never met the mother of this wife - she was gone a year before I showed up.

Like literally a year to the day.

My wife saw it as a sign that her mother was guiding us together.

Who knows?

Houston TX's own Lakewood Church AKA Joel Osteen's "House of Grifting the Stupid" come on down!

3 shot (at least two, and possibly all three, were shot by the off duty cops running security) when a woman who appeared to be mentally ill entered the church with an assault rifle and a 5 year old boy. the well-trained, hero cops shot and killed the woman, and for good measure also shot the kid in the head. he's in critical condition now.

Houston TX's own Lakewood Church AKA Joel Osteen's "House of Grifting the Stupid" come on down!

3 shot (at least two, and possibly all three, were shot by the off duty cops running security) when a woman who appeared to be mentally ill entered the church with an assault rifle and a 5 year old boy. the well-trained, hero cops shot and killed the woman, and for good measure also shot the kid in the head. he's in critical condition now.

you did leave out a very important part of what is reported to have happened. From what I read, she opened fire and then the off duty police shot her. She didn't just walk in with an assault rifle.

I say job well done.

On another note, I think anybody that goes to that church may be mentally ill :lmao:

you did leave out a very important part of what is reported to have happened. From what I read, she opened fire and then the off duty police shot her. She didn't just walk in with an assault rifle.

I say job well done.

On another note, I think anybody that goes to that church may be mentally ill :lmao:

You may be right. The story is still all over the place. The local report said she had a gun and "opened fire at some point"... I'm waiting to hear who actually shot first.

That "Church" looks creepier and creepier each time I learn more about it. Weird seeing their goofy flame logo displayed inside like that in some of the pics; no cross prominently displayed that I can see. more like a cult than a Christian Church.

His services are on TV here on Sundays and I watched it for a bit once. His sermon was complete nonsense. It was like he fed a bunch of religious anecdotes and Right wing chain letters into an AI text generator.

He said something about hope and love from god, then something about faith, then a variation of the Marine Todd story, then loving your neighbor or something (but punching them in the face if they don't believe in god, I guess?). Cheap Gruel to keep simple minds fed.

You may be right. The story is still all over the place. The local report said she had a gun and "opened fire at some point"... I'm waiting to hear who actually shot first.

That "Church" looks creepier and creepier each time I learn more about it. Weird seeing their goofy flame logo displayed inside like that in some of the pics; no cross prominently displayed that I can see. more like a cult than a Christian Church.

His services are on TV here on Sundays and I watched it for a bit once. His sermon was complete nonsense. It was like he fed a bunch of religious anecdotes and Right wing chain letters into an AI text generator.

He said something about hope and love from god, then something about faith, then a variation of the Marine Todd story, then loving your neighbor or something (but punching them in the face if they don't believe in god, I guess?). Cheap Gruel to keep simple minds fed.

There is a church near me that creeps me out too. It is one of those huge churches in a strip mall. From what I understand, they take "tithing" very seriously. I have heard that the people that go there have to have money taken right out of their paychecks. Several years ago the pastor was arrested for beating off in a local metropark. But, the parking lot is full every Sunday. People are so stupid.

There is a church near me that creeps me out too. It is one of those huge churches in a strip mall. From what I understand, they take "tithing" very seriously. I have heard that the people that go there have to have money taken right out of their paychecks. Several years ago the pastor was arrested for beating off in a local metropark. But, the parking lot is full every Sunday. People are so stupid.

Ohio seemed to have a lot more megachurches than Illinois or Michigan (at least among Midwest states).

I remember seeing the one with the giant statue of Jesus with his hands in the air on a trip to visit family in Cincinnati. I've seen it in other pics on the internet.
Must've been somewhere along I-75

Texas has a lot of them, and I've heard the performances at services are really wild... like arena rock concerts almost, with people flying around, and lots of special effects. And they spend a lot of money on security usually as well, since everyone has guns and is borderline insane. A really healthy combination.

I think this shooting shows that Joel Osteen probably needs to up his security budget. You can't let a lady just walk in their holding an AR! come on!

Ohio seemed to have a lot more megachurches than Illinois or Michigan (at least among Midwest states).

I remember seeing the one with the giant statue of Jesus with his hands in the air on a trip to visit family in Cincinnati. I've seen it in other pics on the internet.
Must've been somewhere along I-75

Texas has a lot of them, and I've heard the performances at services are really wild... like arena rock concerts almost, with people flying around, and lots of special effects. And they spend a lot of money on security usually as well, since everyone has guns and is borderline insane. A really healthy combination.

I think this shooting shows that Joel Osteen probably needs to up his security budget. You can't let a lady just walk in their holding an AR! come on!

that one on I-75 is somewhere between Dayton and Cinci. I don't know if you heard, but several years ago lightning struck that huge jesus statue and it burned to the ground. Maybe even god doesn't like megachurches :lmao::lmao:

Back