Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ukraine

Well, it'd be like asking a Russian if he recognized American authority over Vermont and Michigan if they were there to discuss America's recent takeover of some Canadian regions Treemon and Fish Again. Not good, but not that much of a shocker either.

I know. Given how abysmal our Western governments are - especially ours and the UKs, which are both complete shit - it's probably way too much to expect a foreign minister, or ambassador from either to at least glance at a map before a high level meeting with an opposing government, so they have some place names in order.

Russia missed their deadline to invade. was supposed to be during the super bowl, when Americans weren't paying attention

Russia missed their deadline to invade. was supposed to be during the super bowl, when Americans weren't paying attention

Ol' Buck Fiden wrong again, what is else, I think he's pretty much wrong on everything.

It's not Russia I worry about, it's China.

Last edited:
Ol' Buck Fiden wrong again, what is else, I think he's pretty much wrong on everything.

It's not Russia I worry about, it's China.

You're also worried about Hillary Clinton becoming president. Forgive me if I think you should ease up on who's bad at predicting things.

The DC Pro-war establishment really doesn't have their ducks in a row here... unlike Iraq, where anyone who spoke out quickly got threatened and clubbed into line (or submission), I'm starting to see conflicting opinions trickle out.

THe former ambassador to the Soviet Union just wrote an op-ed laying the blame firmly on us:
Was this crisis predictable?

Absolutely. NATO expansion was the most profound strategic blunder made since the end of the Cold War. In 1997, when the question of adding more NATO members arose, I was asked to testify before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. In my introductory remarks, I made the following statement:

?I consider the administration?s recommendation to take new members into NATO at this time misguided. If it should be approved by the United States Senate, it may well go down in history as the most profound strategic blunder made since the end of the Cold War. Far from improving the security of the United States, its Allies, and the nations that wish to enter the Alliance, it could well encourage a chain of events that could produce the most serious security threat to this nation since the Soviet Union collapsed.? ...

The decision to expand NATO piecemeal was a reversal of American policies that produced the end of the Cold War. President George H.W. Bush had proclaimed a goal of a ?Europe whole and free.? Gorbachev had spoken of ?our common European home,? had welcomed representatives of East European governments who threw off their communist rulers and had ordered radical reductions in Soviet military forces by explaining that for one country to be secure, there must be security for all.

President Bush also assured Gorbachev during their meeting in Malta in December, 1989, that if the countries of Eastern Europe were allowed to choose their future orientation by democratic processes, the United States would not ?take advantage? of that process. (Obviously, bringing countries into NATO that were then in the Warsaw Pact would be ?taking advantage.?) The following year, Gorbachev was assured, though not in a formal treaty, that if a unified Germany was allowed to remain in NATO, there would be no movement of NATO jurisdiction to the east, ?not one inch.?

This part too:
Despite the prevalent belief held by both the DC foreign policy establishment and most of the Russian public, the United States did not support, much less cause the break-up of the Soviet Union. We supported the independence of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, and one of the last acts of the Soviet parliament was to legalize their claim to independence.
Maybe we can put that bullshit claim to rest finally?

You're also worried about Hillary Clinton becoming president. Forgive me if I think you should ease up on who's bad at predicting things.

1 thing! one incorrect how many things has Buck predicted correctly? I can't think of anything. And besides she is speaking at the DNC next week it's still not over!

Last edited:
Seems Russia will likely be going in sooner or later. probably timed with the ending of the winter games. lets hope China doesn't start the shit up at the same time. It's weird hearing the Fiden Admin talk about false flags all the time, they must be alex jones fans?

Last edited:
Seems Russia will likely be going in sooner or later. probably timed with the ending of the winter games. lets hope China doesn't start the shit up at the same time. It's weird hearing the Fiden Admin talk about false flags all the time, they must be alex jones fans?

Russia is following that time tested military strategy of letting your opponent know you're going to invade by moving your army to the border, then just letting them sit there for weeks to give your enemy as much time as possible to prepare.

Russia is following that time tested military strategy of letting your opponent know you're going to invade by moving your army to the border, then just letting them sit there for weeks to give your enemy as much time as possible to prepare.

Maybe they're there to build a big beautiful wall. Higher than NATO's tallest ladder.

Pure political theatre. Putin?s ?unscheduled? live emergency meeting with his security council was broadcast at 5pm. Sergei Shoigu & Sergei Lavrov watches both say 11:45.

KQXEHCe.png

And to address the obvious question or comments about time zones and location, they are all clearly in Moscow, where both Shoigu and Lavrov reside.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSJsSxgsRVM&ab_channel=Ruptly

Last edited:

He waited to invade so as not to take away from his chicom comrades hosting of the Olympics, which it turns out nobody cared about anyway.

He waited to invade so as not to take away from his chicom comrades hosting of the Olympics, which it turns out nobody cared about anyway.

There was very little interest from at least 1/4 of the US - and that is being very generous as it definitely slanted more toward 1/2 - who normally would have watched solely due to China being the host nation combined with NBC being the broadcasting network.

I hope NBC lost money on this Olympics.

Pure political theatre. Putin?s ?unscheduled? live emergency meeting with his security council was broadcast at 5pm. Sergei Shoigu & Sergei Lavrov watches both say 11:45.

KQXEHCe.png

And to address the obvious question or comments about time zones and location, they are all clearly in Moscow, where both Shoigu and Lavrov reside.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSJsSxgsRVM&ab_channel=Ruptly

maybe they just got back from Yakutsk and forgot to change their watches back to Moscow time - I hear Yakutsk is beautiful this time of year. If they have Russian made watches, that might explain why they're 15 minutes behind.

maybe they just got back from Yakutsk and forgot to change their watches back to Moscow time - I hear Yakutsk is beautiful this time of year. If they have Russian made watches, that might explain why they're 15 minutes behind.

Good old Yakutsk. I should look into property there.

Good old Yakutsk. I should look into property there.

at the rate the earth is heating up, it may not be a bad idea. Better move fast though, it's already the biggest city on continuous permafrost. Might not be long before it's overdeveloped and Russian hipsters are bitching about gentrification.

Last edited:

There was very little interest from at least 1/4 of the US - and that is being very generous as it definitely slanted more toward 1/2 - who normally would have watched solely due to China being the host nation combined with NBC being the broadcasting network.

I hope NBC lost money on this Olympics.

We love the Olympics. Winter or summer. It's pretty much on the TVs non stop in our household.

This year? I'd say we had it on half the time and actively watched only half of that.

Between China's human rights nightmare, Eileen Gu's cash grab, continued Russian doping, China's blatant cheating and judge bias, etc...this Olympics just didn't have any shine to it. It felt forced, fake, and uninspired. I hope Paris 2024 brings back how the Olympics should feel.

We love the Olympics. Winter or summer. It's pretty much on the TVs non stop in our household.

This year? I'd say we had it on half the time and actively watched only half of that.

Between China's human rights nightmare, Eileen Gu's cash grab, continued Russian doping, China's blatant cheating and judge bias, etc...this Olympics just didn't have any shine to it. It felt forced, fake, and uninspired. I hope Paris 2024 brings back how the Olympics should feel.

the IOC maybe the most corrupt organization in sports - tough to have faith in the ship being righted. We didn't watch a single minute - just checked ESPN to see we lost in the first round of eliminations after earning the top seed in hockey. Even without the China taint and Russian doping, I only really cared about hockey and skiing (racing and mogul competitions). Seems like the winter games are being taken over by X Game events I just can't get into. Don't find them particularly thrilling and for the most part they're all judged which opens the door for more cheating and human error/incompetence, etc.

Last edited:
I've always enjoyed the bobsled, luge, and skeleton. I seriously regret never actually trying to do skeleton. Many posters on here also regret me not trying it with "the end" result I became a skeleton, so its something others agree i should have done.

Ah, Paris.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nhYgG475R3E

Back