Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ukraine

I was told we only need to worry about the Chinese. Don't be distracted by the lamestream media.

We should worry about feckless old leaderless people like buck fiden who probably isn't out of bed yet. If he were smart he'd open back up Americans energy sector now, instead we get shit like this.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dip...nitiative-amid-concerns-over-racial-profiling

It's almost as if we are being brought down from within or pure insanity. Buck will go down in history as the worst president our country has ever had.

Last edited:
We should worry about feckless old leaderless people like buck fiden who probably isn't out of bed yet. If he were smart he'd open back up Americans energy sector now, instead we get shit like this.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dip...nitiative-amid-concerns-over-racial-profiling

It's almost as if we are being brought down from within or pure insanity. Buck will go down in history as the worst president our country has ever had.

The Criminal Donald Trump would have just gave Ukraine to Russia. Trump should be in jail and yes he has already been declared the worst President in history. Looks like strongman Putin is having some issues in Ukraine as we speak. I?m sure the Fox News the pro republican news channel will paint the invasion as a success. I personally do not think the Russian military is that good? I could be wrong on this. Republicans should stand with Biden against this attack of Ukraine. Ukraine is a huge county of 40 million people it?s not Afghanistan where Russia and America lost. Biden should not have said he won?t send American troops. Because sadly one day he may have to.

Last edited:
The only hope Ukraine has is to implement guerilla warfare tactics. They will not compete against Russia in any other way.

They needed to weaponize their citizenry and provide training over the past month when Russia was building up its forces along the borders to the north, east, and south.

They also should have prepared the bridges for demolition. Allowing the 1st 2 or 3 tanks across then blow the bridge while hopefully several tanks were on it. Then surge upin those tanks that already crossed and eliminate them.

There are valid tactics the Ukraine has already apparently failed to implement. Weaker opponents can defeat stronger ones when deploying proper tactics.

Russia currently controls the air space, but Ukraine can still win with proper ground based defenses. Bog them down in the right spots where you have knowledge of the terrain and you can turn it into small skirmishes that can become turkey shoots. Having a few mortars and RPGs would be helpful, but guerrilla style traps and incendiary devices are useful.

It seems the Ukraine is attempting to encourage these tactics now, but providing the knowledge, training, and even weaponry to people a few weeks ago would have been helpful.

If Russia takes Ukraine within a short timeframe, which nation does he go after next? I lean toward Turkey since they control the ship traffic in/out of the Black Sea, but nations with ports on the Baltic Sea would be easier pickings since they are former Soviet regions. Turkey would be a more challenging militaristic foe, but he already has his military and supply lines there, and he needs to control passage in and out of the Black Sea. He might also prefer taking Moldova, Romania, and Bulgaria before targeting Turkey.

We absolutely need to understand he will NOT stop with Ukraine, especially if it falls quickly. That will definitely embolden him as he laughs at all those Sanctions.

The Criminal Donald Trump would have just gave Ukraine to Russia. Trump should be in jail and yes he has already been declared the worst President in history. Looks like strongman Putin is having some issues in Ukraine as we speak. I?m sure the Fox News the pro republican news channel will paint the invasion as a success. I personally do not think the Russian military is that good? I could be wrong on this. Republicans should stand with Biden against this attack of Ukraine. Ukraine is a huge county of 40 million people it?s not Afghanistan where Russia and America lost. Biden should not have said he won?t send American troops. Because sadly one day he may have to.

Lol. You're really out of reality aren't you.

this and a great many other things. By the way, who declared Trump the worst President in history? I missed that headline - thought FDR, Carter and Obama were still the top 3 and I heard Biden is moving up the ladder quickly but haven't heard Trump's name in those conversations.

Last edited:
Trump just declared J?Biden the worst president of all time.

Worse than the five worst presidents before him combined.

That?s sayin? somethin.?

It is - especially coming from someone known for not being prone to hyperbole, exaggeration or dishonesty. I thought it was still a race between FDR and Carter, but now I see I was wrong - by a lot.

Pretty sure they're all going to be detained sooner rather than later.

More than 150 senior Russian officials sign open letter condemning Putin's invasion of Ukraine as 'an unprecedented atrocity'

More than 150 senior Russian officials have signed an open letter condemning Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine as 'an unprecedented atrocity' and warning of 'catastrophic consequences'.

The deputies said they were 'convinced' Russian citizens do not back the war and blamed Putin 'personally' for ordering troops into Ukraine in an attack 'for which there is no and cannot be justification'.

(Apologies for not participating in the tired left vs right pissing match and staying on topic)

Don?t know.

Some are saying that this move is very unpopular with the Russian people, and if it goes poorly for Putin, it could be the beginning of the end for him.

It's started some protests for sure. I've seen several videos and there are reports of over 500 arrests so far.

so sorry you feel that way Bob. we'll agree to disagree, I think you are incorrect. You do know trump already had a ton of sanctions on Russia before Buck got in there and reversed everything right?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...-after-waiving-sanctions-russian-gas-n1267975

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57180674

Buck helped make it all possible IMO

lets see what he does next, Open Americas energy back up so our prices don't sky rocket and so that we don't need to import jack shit from Russia. You think he could do that at least?

EDIT: Nope just more sanctions but not willing to cut off SWIFT. won't accomplish much, get ready to pay through the nose for food & energy as Americas energy remains closed and off limits. Nov can't come soon enough.

Last edited:
Don?t know.

Some are saying that this move is very unpopular with the Russian people, and if it goes poorly for Putin, it could be the beginning of the end for him.

Anyone involved in trying to remove e Putin from power needs to very careful. No shaking hands, no eating or drinking anything without someone else testing first, wearing a biohazard suit at all times, preferably one developed to reduce radiation exposures.

And that's just to survive the first hour.

Don?t know.

maybe the next free and fair election they're so famous for will bring about change at the top.

maybe the next free and fair election they're so famous for will bring about change at the top.

Some of the videos last election of guys just dumping massive amounts of ballots into a box in the middle of the room while people watched was like from a sitcom.

Was just missing the track suit.

Last edited:
Back