Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you guys be for/against trading out of the 1st round?

Don't care if they go 16-0, it's irrelevant without postseason success.

Though in this town they probably raise banners for playoff appearances. That seems to be the level of success that a portion of the fanbase finds acceptable. Almost any other city, and 11-5 with a first round exit is nothing special, in some cases a disappointment.

This team has been nothing but talk since I started following them, time to prove they can actually succeed.

Peyton's teams. Won a SB, got to another but is deemed a playoff failure.

New Orleans was 11-5 in 2013. Went 7-9 in 2014. It's not some gradual building up process. The Lions had a perfect storm last year with a great defense, weak schedule, and a very beatable opponent in the wild card.

But they did what they did best, and flopped.

New Orleans was 11-5 in 2013. Went 7-9 in 2014. It's not some gradual building up process. The Lions had a perfect storm last year with a great defense, weak schedule, and a very beatable opponent in the wild card.

But they did what they did best, and flopped.

Lions schedule is easier this year. Rams and 49ers are a mess, Cards lost Bowles, AFC West is easier than AFC East. We play the Saints in cap hell now. Chip Kelly is insane. We'll go 5-1 in NFC North again.

Lions are so good, they make the schedule look easy.

Lions have the talent to repeat 11 wins or more. It's clear that they do.

I'd like for once them to clearly have the talent to win a playoff game. I sincerely would.

So in other words, the Lions should have no excuses if they happen to suck next year.

There's always that you can fall back on, the health. Lol.

It's a reason many good teams lose. We'll see after the draft where we are deep and thin. But if both DEs or top 3 in secondary get hurt, what can you do. Would screw Seattle too.

Last edited:
You never know, there might be a blizzard or two that ruins the season!

We need some new excuses..

1. Matt thought he saw a Sasquatch.

2. Suh's ghost made the DL unfocused.

3. Mayhew is actually Millen in disguise.

You never know, there might be a blizzard or two that ruins the season!

Phily is in Ford Field and traded McCoy. We are all set with our run defense.

I'll take a blizzard to shut down Rodgers. Vikings/Bears, we'll just beat them anyway.

The blizzard only impacted the Lions. Philly didn't have to deal with it. It was warm on their side of the field.

Back