Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

Don't know if it will happen but if Gardner Minshew II is the odd man out in Jax. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Jaguars reportedly trade Gardner Minshew to Eagles for draft pick.

I would have give them a 6. Easy. That was our future/current QB.

Perriman cut.

Expected. He either isn?t good or didn?t give a shit. He looked like he was doing a walk through during games.

Why the fuck have they not cut Tavai yet...or did I miss it? Only potential reason a team would keep Tavai is he is on rookie contract, but Lions have enough cap space to not make that a concern.

List of players the Lions have reportedly cut so far ?
Breshad Perriman, WR (Source)
Mike Ford, CB (Source)
Alijah Holder, S (Source)
Victor Bolden, WR (Source)
Miles Brown, DT (Source)
Evan Heim, G (Source)
Damion Ratley, WR (Source)
Dan Skipper, OT ? waived/injured (Source)
Tyrell Crosby, OT ? waived/injured (Source)

Previous Releases (Source: NFL.com)
Jordan Ta?amu, QB
Javon Leake, RB
Robert McCray, RB
Michael Warren, RB
Chad Hansen, WR
Darius Jennings, WR
Charlie Taumoepeau, TE
Hunter Thedford, TE
Evan Boehm, C
Michael Barnett, DT
P.J. Johnson, DT
Alex Brown, CB
Don Muhlbach, LS (ESPN

Last edited:
List of players the Lions have reportedly cut so far ?
Breshad Perriman, WR (Source)
Mike Ford, CB (Source)
Alijah Holder, S (Source)
Victor Bolden, WR (Source)
Miles Brown, DT (Source)
Evan Heim, G (Source)
Damion Ratley, WR (Source)
Dan Skipper, OT ? waived/injured (Source)
Tyrell Crosby, OT ? waived/injured (Source)

Previous Releases (Source: NFL.com)
Jordan Ta?amu, QB
Javon Leake, RB
Robert McCray, RB
Michael Warren, RB
Chad Hansen, WR
Darius Jennings, WR
Charlie Taumoepeau, TE
Hunter Thedford, TE
Evan Boehm, C
Michael Barnett, DT
P.J. Johnson, DT
Alex Brown, CB
Don Muhlbach, LS (ESPN

Ford really shocks me. He isn't Deion Sanders but he played pretty well in the slot and was an aggressive m2m defender.
Crosby, too. Thought he was a good 3rd T in this league.

Both of those guys will get picked up quickly.

Will be interested to hear the reasoning for these 2.

Last edited:
Why the fuck have they not cut Tavai yet...or did I miss it? Only potential reason a team would keep Tavai is he is on rookie contract, but Lions have enough cap space to not make that a concern.

I would have cut him about 20 seconds in to the 1st practice. Just for shits and giggles.

you would have to be TERRIBLE to not make this group of WRs.

Agreed. Why sign here if you don't want to be here? Or maybe football isn't important to him. I don't know. Either way, he looked completely disinterested out there.

Glad he's gone......but that leaves us with exactly ONE traditional outside receiver in Williams. I would have to imagine there will be a WR on the roster week 1 that isn't there right now.

Fingers crossed.

Crosby move is baffling unless he requested it and they are just accommodating him. Especially since Sewell has looked completely lost out there.

currently available WR is a short one. Basically Donte Moncrief or Josh Doctson. Hoping this list grows in the next 24 hours.

Vaccaro or Tre Boston still out there for S help. Hoping this list grows as well.

Crosby move is baffling unless he requested it and they are just accommodating him. Especially since Sewell has looked completely lost out there.

currently available WR is a short one. Basically Donte Moncrief or Josh Doctson. Hoping this list grows in the next 24 hours.

Vaccaro or Tre Boston still out there for S help. Hoping this list grows as well.

Asked to explain Crosby's release Monday, Lions coach Dan Campbell said, "There again it just, we didn?t feel like he was one of the best guys."

Asked to explain Crosby's release Monday, Lions coach Dan Campbell said, "There again it just, we didn?t feel like he was one of the best guys."

I can live with that. That?s his job. Which 53 give you the best chance to win.

I like the fact Campbell gives straight forward answers.

Hope he?s right.

I can live with that. That?s his job. Which 53 give you the best chance to win.

I like the fact Campbell gives straight forward answers.

Hope he?s right.

If we going by that Sewell wasn't in the top 83 best lol. Why'd he make the team?

If we going by that Sewell wasn't in the top 83 best lol. Why'd he make the team?

Decker and Ragnow were not so hot their rookie years. I'm still not that impressed with Decker actually, but what more can one expect from Lions players?

Cuts wreak even more of a rebuild. But Tavai got worse from his rookie season and doesn't fit anymore. Good cut there.

Long season incoming

Lions trade 5th and 7th round pick for speedy WR Trinity Benson. Get 2023 6th round back too from Denver.

Give up day 3 for this guy?

Lions trade 5th and 7th round pick for speedy WR Trinity Benson. Get 2023 6th round back too from Denver.

Give up day 3 for this guy?

Seems a little pricey, but I?m happy with what I?ve read about him so far. Hope this works out.

Back