Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

Long Snapper.

Bite your tongue!

That is like saying Michaelangelo was a sketch artist, Da Vinci a person who thought about things, Sir Isaac Newton someone who liked numbers, or Einstein a mere person who liked science.

Muhlbach deserves a Gold Jacket!!! In the annals of NFL history and lore, none other will achieve what he has! People don't know him because he was perfect! Never had a bad snap, snapped to Pro Bowl Kickers and Punters, so.e equally deserving Gold Jackets. These unsung, unheralded men deserve to be inducted, yet are not solely due to bias against their positions, but they are worthy nonetheless!!!

If the Lions were any sort of decent organization, they would place a statue of the man at Ford Field.

Bite your tongue!

That is like saying Michaelangelo was a sketch artist, Da Vinci a person who thought about things, Sir Isaac Newton someone who liked numbers, or Einstein a mere person who liked science.

Muhlbach deserves a Gold Jacket!!! In the annals of NFL history and lore, none other will achieve what he has! People don't know him because he was perfect! Never had a bad snap, snapped to Pro Bowl Kickers and Punters, so.e equally deserving Gold Jackets. These unsung, unheralded men deserve to be inducted, yet are not solely due to bias against their positions, but they are worthy nonetheless!!!

If the Lions were any sort of decent organization, they would place a statue of the man at Ford Field.

But he was a long snapper. Nothing less nothing more.

I had no idea. Who pays attention to a long snapper???

Maybe not a 1-2 year guy but 17 years he gets brought up every year when some youngin tries to get his spot but never doesn't.

The way Campbell talks I think he let him go just because he's 40. Can't imagine SCOTT DALY, an undrafted is the better option here..

Maybe not a 1-2 year guy but 17 years he gets brought up every year when some youngin tries to get his spot but never doesn't.

The way Campbell talks I think he let him go just because he's 40. Can't imagine SCOTT DALY, an undrafted is the better option here..

You know there was a point about 17 years ago when someone said...."Don Muhlbach....can't imagine he's the better option here".

I know this.....whoever the LS is....the first bad snap he has he is gonna hear from Lions fans for a LONG time.

I don't believe you. There is no possible way you can be a Lions fan and not have heard of Don Freakin Muhlbach!!!

It's not possible.

I'm not kidding here.

I follow the Lions because they are the closest in proximity and they are always on TV...but I am not a fan. I don't care if they win or lose.

But he was a long snapper. Nothing less nothing more.

LOL...I was intentionally over-emphasizing the importance.

That said, as any UM and MSU fan can attest, a long snapper and punter can seriously change the outcome of a game in a very quick moment. Mulbach deserves credit for his consistency and longevity. I honestly do not recall him making a bad snap, but maybe I'm just unaware...even in bad weather.

LOL...I was intentionally over-emphasizing the importance.

That said, as any UM and MSU fan can attest, a long snapper and punter can seriously change the outcome of a game in a very quick moment. Mulbach deserves credit for his consistency and longevity. I honestly do not recall him making a bad snap, but maybe I'm just unaware...even in bad weather.

When he was a rookie the Lions came back against the Vikings and he blew the snap to tie the game. Only mess up I can remember. https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-2004-12-20-0412200315-story.html

?When you work so hard to try to stay healthy and things just don?t go your way, you just gotta get back up,? Hand said two weeks ago. ?I?ve been blessed to keep having opportunities to come back. They believe in me. I?ve been doing things the right way, so things have paid off and that?s why I?m still here. I just want my talents to show. I want to stay healthy and I want to show y?all I can really do this. I can be a bonafide player in this league.?

Hand. Got injured the next day. Man I hate that

In doubt for season opener

Swift in doubt too but he is closer, more about work load

Both groin injuries

Go grab Taco!!!

Seriously. Yes he has not played to full potential, but I believe he would still beat out several current Lions.

Back