Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Off-Season

Paschal wasn't injured when they drafted him.

It?s a little bit of both T.

This is an injury that dates back to Paschal's college days at Kentucky. He missed the team's bowl game after suffering the injury in the second half of the team's regular season finale. Paschal was healthy enough to participate in the team's OTAs in the spring, but apparently reaggravated the injury.

Do better homework and draft a able body?s. I hope he pans out. He was definitely hurt in college.

Last edited:
It?s a little bit of both T.

This is an injury that dates back to Paschal's college days at Kentucky. He missed the team's bowl game after suffering the injury in the second half of the team's regular season finale. Paschal was healthy enough to participate in the team's OTAs in the spring, but apparently reaggravated the injury.

Do better homework and draft a able body?s. I hope he pans out. He was definitely hurt in college.

Holmes said he knew about the injury and obvioulsy Jameson too

Was something time was supposed to heal. But it didn't and reaggravaed so go the surgery. So now he missed at least first 4 games, hopefully not much more. Holmes built up pass rush enough not to rely solely on Paschal and Romeo Okwara. Still have Hutch, Harris, Julian O and others and new attacking scheme

Same with Jameson. It wasn't just rely solely on him. We have Chark added, St Brown, Hock, Reynolds 2 year deal for production among others (stud Oline and solid run game)

We'll get a boost mid-year from Jameson, Romeo and Paschal

What you lose is depth. More injuries more trouble.

You gain depth and more talent when they come back though mid-season or easily replace an injured player with a better player (if say Reynolds or Raymond or Cephus get hurt) or Bryant/Cominsky get hurt. All of those guys can handle it and we aren't relying on Jameson/Paschal for success or not success. They added other players and have other talent at WR/weapons and Dline

No other team has that many key PUP/NFI guys though. So that stinks but it should be a nice mid-season boost

Let's see if we can win without some rookies and Romeo. Cabinda/Jacobs not too worried about missing the first 4. Will be nice boost to get them back though

Mid season - yippee we drafted a guy who plays half a season. They have to be cursed. No one is this bad for so long.

Mid season - yippee we drafted a guy who plays half a season. They have to be cursed. No one is this bad for so long.

Mid-season boost. Yippee
They are under contract 4 to 5 seasons from a draft. Yippee
Not relying on rookies to make or break your season. Yippee again

Yippees galore

Mid-season boost. Yippee
They are under contract 4 to 5 seasons from a draft. Yippee
Not relying on rookies to make or break your season. Yippee again

Yippees galore

When you?ve picked in the top 10 4 years in a row, you do rely on rookies to make or break a team, especially when you have 2 1st round picks! This team is fucking trash. Hock is average, Okudah is a injury prone bust, they have my man Sewell playing RT, and I pray Hutchison turns out.

If we aren?t relying on the draft, who did we bring in that we?re relying on???? DJ Chark!

5 wins at best.

Bold prediction and I?ll come out and say it w confidence. Baker Mayfield and the Carolina Panthers have a better season than our Lions.

When you?ve picked in the top 10 4 years in a row, you do rely on rookies to make or break a team, especially when you have 2 1st round picks! This team is fucking trash. Hock is average, Okudah is a injury prone bust, they have my man Sewell playing RT, and I pray Hutchison turns out.

If we aren?t relying on the draft, who did we bring in that we?re relying on???? DJ Chark!

5 wins at best.

Not relying on all the draft picks in their first year. This team is built with more than just the rookies from this year. Yes we are relying on year 2 guys more like Sewell. Top 2 picks yeah you rely on them with Hutch but Jameson and Paschal weren't make or break for this team for 2022. Chark, St Brown (year 2), Hock, Reynolds, good Oline, solid run game is a very formidable offense. So Jameson doesn't make or break it right now.

Defense again, Paschal doesn't make or break it right now. Lions have plenty of pass rush without him and Romeo. Relying on Hutch, Harris, and year 2 leaps (McNeil, Barnes, young secondary) and more from Julian Okwara in year 3 who flashed last year. Then we add in Romeo and Paschal later

Last edited:
Sort of getting a win-now vibe around here for some reason, I don?t know if it?s the hard knocks hype. This is going to be another rebuild year, giving the injured new talent plenty of time to recover.

Top 5 pick, take a QB, cut Goff for big cap savings, go harder in FA, and accelerate into 2023 and beyond.

Any wins this year are a bonus IMO, 95% chance they don?t make the playoffs anyway.

Sort of getting a win-now vibe around here for some reason, I don?t know if it?s the hard knocks hype. This is going to be another rebuild year, giving the injured new talent plenty of time to recover.

Top 5 pick, take a QB, cut Goff for big cap savings, go harder in FA, and accelerate into 2023 and beyond.

Any wins this year are a bonus IMO, 95% chance they don?t make the playoffs anyway.

I agree. When Holmes took over I knew the first 2 seasons were going to suck. Keep building the roster and next year they should compete for the playoffs. I would like to see some improvement this year, win 7-8 games and that would be considered a better pace than I expected 2 years ago.

Last edited:
I so want the packers and other top nfl clubs to to fail.

Those packer fans deserve another run like the 1968 to 92. Wish the lions front office could finally get it right. Pound the rock with all three backs use play action and see what happens. Play as close to .500 as possible and get some guys back at mid season. It is so frustrating the lions can never seem to get it right. Maybe Holmes and knee biter are the guys. I hope so.

I so want the packers and other top nfl clubs to to fail.

Those packer fans deserve another run like the 1968 to 92. Wish the lions front office could finally get it right. Pound the rock with all three backs use play action and see what happens. Play as close to .500 as possible and get some guys back at mid season. It is so frustrating the lions can never seem to get it right. Maybe Holmes and knee biter are the guys. I hope so.

In the NFL you are going to compete for the playoffs if you have a truly great QB. GB has had one for the past 30 years. The Lions haven't had one in most of our lifetimes.

In the NFL you are going to compete for the playoffs if you have a truly great QB. GB has had one for the past 30 years. The Lions haven't had one in most of our lifetimes.

They had a future HOFer, a guy named Stafford who just won a Super Bowl

Rodgers is a playoff choke artist even with stacked teams and refs in their favor.

Vegas o/u for wins was 6.5 last I checked. Anyone in win now mode, Hard Knocks hype or not, is setting themselves up for disapointment.

They had a future HOFer, a guy named Stafford who just won a Super Bowl

Rodgers is a playoff choke artist even with stacked teams and refs in their favor.

Stafford went to a stacked Rams team. He may get to the HOF due to his stat padding. He's good, but not great. Probably not HOF quality, but the NFL HOF is really easy to get into if you are a QB

Back