Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Off-Season

I mean if Goff is out 4 games only again, and we are competing for playoffs, it would be nice have someone be able to win a game or 2. Now if Goff is out like 8 games or more then yeah, who cares who the backup is

It's a good move by Holmes because he realizes his mistakes much quicker than the other GMs. Yeah bad to roll with Boyle and Blough all offseason but glad he realized it wasn't working. That is a sign of an improved GM than in the past. In season fixes

If backup QB is the reason they end up missing the playoffs, I?ll be extremely pleased with how the season turned out.

If backup QB is the reason they end up missing the playoffs, I?ll be extremely pleased with how the season turned out.

Agree it would still be a "good" season for the standards they have now and just developing but you never want to miss the playoffs.

Let's hopefully not see what Sudfield can do but if we have to hope we are pleasantally surpirsed. We have been burned with supposedly "good" backups before too (Chase Daniels, Dante Culpepper, Drew Stanton etc). Shaun Hill was a good backup but we lost a lot of games with him too in 2010.

Deuce Staley knows Sudfeld well from Philly despite his struggles there. San Fran liked him too but Jimmy G put a wrench into that and he lost his job to Brock Purdy/also cap implications as Sudfeld got some more money from SF. Let's hope the scouts got it right. Blough/Boyle didn't make the most of their opportunity despite talent they have and were just asking to be cut in the end.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022...uad-waiver-wire-tracker-updated-53-man-roster

We got RB Justin Jackson, NB AJ Parker, Garrett Griffin, Tom Kennedy, CB Saivon Smith back on the PS so far (11 more to go)

LB Anthony Pittman, RB/KR Godwin Igwebuike, 6th round pick James Houston (only draft cut) cleared waivers

Lions added NT Benito Jones on waivers from Dolphins. Corresponding move to come (either someone IR or cut Buggs or Demetrius Taylor)

Only cut from us picked up so far is Riley Patterson kicker (Jags)

Last edited:
I'm so happy Chase Lucas made the team. I know a lot of peoplr were down on him because of his age, but the guy has been all in since we drafted him, walking around in other Detroit teams' gear and he hustles and works hard. Really hope to see him continue to get better and reward the team for believing in him.

So now we have no backup QB at all from camp, that?s terrible hope goof doesn?t get hurt

So now we have no backup QB at all from camp, that?s terrible hope goof doesn?t get hurt

If he gets hurt he gets hurt. This is another Lions rebuild year. Goff won?t be here next year.

If he gets hurt he gets hurt. This is another Lions rebuild year. Goff won?t be here next year.

He will if he plays well. If Goff goes for 4,500 yards, 33 TD and 10 picks and the Lions win 8 or more games??he?ll get an extension.

Not sure if that?s a good or bad thing.

I guess he COULD get traded at that point?..but for a team that truly tries to build a family culture, that wouldn?t be a good look for Campbell/Holmes.

Watch em bring Tim Boyle back now to the practice squad. They really screwed the pooch not recognizing before camp they had no viable backup

He will if he plays well. If Goff goes for 4,500 yards, 33 TD and 10 picks and the Lions win 8 or more games??he?ll get an extension.

Not sure if that?s a good or bad thing.

I guess he COULD get traded at that point?..but for a team that truly tries to build a family culture, that wouldn?t be a good look for Campbell/Holmes.

Winning 8 games this year is a pipe dream. Goff blows. He was the backup to a backup before McVay and the Rams got rid of him.

Our D is horrible and our QB may be even worse. Two things you need in this league to win games and we don?t have either.

The LB corp will be the death of this team. Continuous 6-8 yard completions. Every year passer rating vs us is over 100, don't see it better this year.

The LB corp will be the death of this team. Continuous 6-8 yard completions. Every year passer rating vs us is over 100, don't see it better this year.

Agree, along w the secondary, Goff and using two of our first 3 picks on injured players. The writing is on the wall of Holmes vision for this season.

I?m tired of taking injured players. When the freak will Williams and Paschal even play?

I hope the line stays healthy. Keeping three extra linemen means they think the line can?t stay healthy all season. If we can run the ball well maybe could win 6 to 8 games. I?m dreaming I know but hopefully something will go right for the lions.

Back