Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 NFL Draft

mhughes0021

Early mock hype for QB Will Levis out of Kentucky. Reminds me of Tebow but actually has an arm. If were a top 6 team we may not need to trade up for a qb next year. HOU, NYG and ATL are other projected not so good teams that may be looking qb.
https://youtu.be/Z3zasYd1J9I

I want Love but if we aren't in a position to get him, Levis is who I would like to target.

Levis is a Penn State transfer. Pissed they let him go over shitty Clifford

Will be interesting as always to see how the QB class changes. I hope there are 3-4 legit 1st round franchise QBs though. Hope Lions don't have to give up Rams 1st and more to move up

I'd say even if Goff is good in 2022 with the Oline/weapons/run game, get a QB and have them battle it out and that young QB develop if Goff is still the starter in 2023

Early mock hype for QB Will Levis out of Kentucky. Reminds me of Tebow but actually has an arm. If were a top 6 team we may not need to trade up for a qb next year. HOU, NYG and ATL are other projected not so good teams that may be looking qb.
https://youtu.be/Z3zasYd1J9I

You mean a top 6 team in draft selection order?

So how bad are the Lions going to have to be to get this guy?

You mean a top 6 team in draft selection order?

So how bad are the Lions going to have to be to get this guy?

Yes, in selection order...To be top 6 you probably cant win more than 5 games.

We do have an "easy" schedule.

I dont think our defense improved much. LBs are the worst in the league. Secondary is filled with like 10 average guys. Dline will get to rotate a lot and stay fresh since our GM drafts multiple dlineman every year.

I think with our new WRs and if our oline can stay healthy this year we can be a much improved offense...assuming Goff doesnt suck. Dare i say we simply outscore some teams next year?

My early prediction is 7-10 that should put us around pick 10-12 and we would probably need to trade up to get a top 3 QB in the class with all the QB needy teams there will be next year.

Last edited:
7-12?

19 games next year? Goodell would probably love that.

Are you saying 7-10 or 5-12?

7-12?

19 games next year? Goodell would probably love that.

Are you saying 7-10 or 5-12?

Sorry!!!! lol 7-10.

Easier schedule, same bad defense...hopefully better offense. I could see us winning 7 games. I could also see us losing 17 lol.

Last edited:
Sorry!!!! lol 7-10.

Easier schedule, same bad defense...hopefully better offense. I could see us winning 7 games. I could also see us losing 17 lol.

I think our defense will be improved......which isn't saying much. Cant go anywhere but up. I think we finish around 20th overall. That's not great, I know....but it would be a substantial jump and with another off season this team, depending on QB situation, will be playoff contenders. We don't lose anyone important after 2022, could easily wipe $40M off the books, and should attract a better class of free agents as well has have some solid draft capital.

This year will be fun watching the improvement and seeing just how good guys like Hutchinson, Williams, Swift, Sewell and Ragnow can be. Also, can Okudah play like a #3 overall pick? Can Jarrad Davis contribute with better coaching? Can our mid round picks the last 2 years, Kerby Joseph, Mitchell, Rodriguez, Ifi and Barnes.....show potential?? If even 2 of those guys can become solid starters......it would be a big step to actual playoff success.

Can our mid round picks the last 2 years, Kerby Joseph, Mitchell, Rodriguez, Ifi and Barnes.....show potential?? If even 2 of those guys can become solid starters......it would be a big step to actual playoff success.

I dont see any of them playing meaningful snaps unless they are filling in for injury.

If Okudah does indeed bounce back itll be him and Amani starting. Mike Hughes and Ife in a fight for Nickel/Dime snaps.

Joseph could indeed start...but he needs to beat out Will Harris and Elliot.

Barnes is behind Davis and Thor imo....showed some good signs last year. But also showed glimpses of disaster in run support.

I expect 0 but ST from Mitchell and Rodriguez.

I still see the LB group as the worst in the league and the secondary as a bunch of average guys. Amani got some positive press last year for making plays....but those of us that watched know that 70% of those plays were cause he was in bad position lol. He was literally the luckiest player on the planet last year.

Are you talking about Jordan Love? GB's backup?

I think he meant Bryce Young? If i had my choice right now id go Stroud, Levis, Young in that order. Long ways to go to change my mind and im sure there will be some risers. I remember once when Shea Patterson was projected as the #1 overall pick post draft going into his first year with Michigan. Harbaugh ruined that rather quickly lol.

I think he meant Bryce Young? If i had my choice right now id go Stroud, Levis, Young in that order. Long ways to go to change my mind and im sure there will be some risers. I remember once when Shea Patterson was projected as the #1 overall pick post draft going into his first year with Michigan. Harbaugh ruined that rather quickly lol.

I like Levis, McKee, and Stroud. I would take any of them if I were the Lions. Heck, I would take Young or Richardson for that matter.

You can erase Van Dyke off the early draft board!

Officially on the Stroud train. Goof is terrible.

100% on board with Stroud. Even if Goff strings together a few games, he seems to always regress.

With the injuries, we can get that top pick! Comes down to Lions at Carolina game and NFC South is dumpster fire too so Carolina can sneak a few wins

Last edited:
Back