Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 NFL Draft

100% on board with Stroud. Even if Goff strings together a few games, he seems to always regress.

With the injuries, we can get that top pick! Comes down to Lions at Carolina game and NFC South is dumpster fire too so Carolina can sneak a few wins

even without the injuries, they are right in the running for the #1 pick. The defense is that bad.

Of course, as you pointed out last week, the Lions are still in the playoff hunt :lmao:

even without the injuries, they are right in the running for the #1 pick. The defense is that bad.

Of course, as you pointed out last week, the Lions are still in the playoff hunt :lmao:

Defense played a little better last 2 weeks then offense gets super injuries and Goff shits the bed

Lions will add more talent in FA and draft in 2023. First pick should be QB though as Goff can't be trusted.

Holmes knew Goff wasn't the guy but wanted to be pleasantly surprised while they started the rebuild. Now perfect time to take a QB. Whoever they pick better be a HOFer

Defense played a little better last 2 weeks then offense gets super injuries and Goff shits the bed

Lions will add more talent in FA and draft in 2023. First pick should be QB though as Goff can't be trusted.

Holmes knew Goff wasn't the guy but wanted to be pleasantly surprised while they started the rebuild. Now perfect time to take a QB. Whoever they pick better be a HOFer

I wouldn't say they got "super injuries". I think they ran into a good defense and Goff shit the bed.

I wouldn't say they got "super injuries". I think they ran into a good defense and Goff shit the bed.

Top RB, two RGS, 4 of 5 top WRs with Reynolds on a bad knee playing and St Brown kicked out of the game without even getting a concussion

And Dallas D was super healthy. though they lost Jourdan Lewis late

Dallas down 0 starters on D, Lions down like 5 starters on offense

Yes Lions had super injuries while our oppoenents for the most part have been super healthy. It's the extremes that are getting the Lions.

Top RB, two RGS, 4 of 5 top WRs with Reynolds on a bad knee playing and St Brown kicked out of the game without even getting a concussion

And Dallas D was super healthy. though they lost Jourdan Lewis late

Dallas down 0 starters on D, Lions down like 5 starters on offense

Yes Lions had super injuries while our oppoenents for the most part have been super healthy. It's the extremes that are getting the Lions.

they put up 45 on Seattle with basically the same lineup.

they put up 45 on Seattle with basically the same lineup.

Seattle doesn't have a good defense (like a super healthy Dallas defense) and Reynolds was healthier and Cephus played. Hock isn't going to go off like he did every game either. Williams actually scored 2 TDs not fumbled them (Skipper whiffed on the block filling in for Matt Nelson too). Also home vs away noise.

Lions defense got Paschal back and actually got some pressure from DT, freed up Hutch and the Lions defense was more than solid yesterday.

Last edited:
Seattle doesn't have a good defense (like a super healthy Dallas defense) and Reynolds was healthier and Cephus played. Hock isn't going to go off like he did every game either. Williams actually scored 2 TDs not fumbled them (Skipper whiffed on the block filling in for Matt Nelson too)

Lions defense got Paschal back and actually got some pressure from DT, freed up Hutch and the Lions defense was more than solid yesterday.

like I said, they ran into a good defense and Goff shit the bed.

well, the Bears kicked the Pat's collective asses. Maybe the Lions will get the #1 pick. I wonder which college player's NFL career gets ruined by being selected by the Lions?

like I said, they ran into a good defense and Goff shit the bed.

Goff ran into a good defense without ANY healthy WRs and thus had to shit the bed (mainly in the 4th Quarter in obvious pass where Dallas could pin their ears back and rush).

Goff ran into a good defense without ANY healthy WRs and thus had to shit the bed (mainly in the 4th Quarter in obvious pass where Dallas could pin their ears back and rush).

LOL. "had to shit the bed"

You don't have to turn the ball over 4 times :lmao:

LOL. "had to shit the bed"

You don't have to turn the ball over 4 times :lmao:

You probably will against a good healthy defense without your top 4 WRs, top two RGs and top RB out with your stud Oline giving up some pressure in obvious passing situations

Last edited:
You probably will against a good healthy defense without your top 4 WRs, top two RGs and top RB out with your stud Oline giving up some pressure in obvious passing situations

Lamar Jackson with out his too weapons. Hell even Ryan Tannehill did last year.

Stop making excuses after every loss and poor performances.

Lamar Jackson with out his too weapons. Hell even Ryan Tannehill did last year.

Stop making excuses after every loss and poor performances.

Lamar didn't lose his top 4 WRs. And all those backs are interchangeable for Baltimore between Dobbins, Edwards, Drake, Justice Hill. The Lions are not like that with Swift though Jamaal still doing well until the fumble. Baltimore is also healthier on defense. Baltimore is also playing teams with injuries, Lions are not for the most part.

Lamar didn't lose his top 4 WRs. And all those backs are interchangeable for Baltimore between Dobbins, Edwards, Drake, Justice Hill. The Lions are not like that with Swift though Jamaal still doing well until the fumble. Baltimore is also healthier on defense. Baltimore is also playing teams with injuries, Lions are not for the most part.

Dobbins = Swift

Draft day is always fun day for us Lions fans. Too bad we can never develop players to their full potential. It?s actually pretty sad, we ruin these young kids careers when Detroit calls their name.

Not sure if Chicago would have traded Smith within the division.....but sure seems like we would be able to offer up more than Baltimore.

I would give up a 2nd for him. That leaves 2 first round picks to grab a S and a DE. Will Anderson at the top of the 1st and a trade down in the middle of the first for a late first and a 2nd. Antonio Johnson with the late 1st and maybe a guy like DT Bryan Bresee in the 2nd....though a coverage LB like Jack Campbell would work well here too.

So we'd go in to next year with Hutch and Will Anderson at DE's. McNeil and Bresee at DT's. Rodrigo and Smith at LB....Okudah, Walker and Antonio Johnson in the secondary.

Leaves getting a top tier S and a solid CB in free agency.

Last edited:
Not sure if Chicago would have traded Smith within the division.....but sure seems like we would be able to offer up more than Baltimore.

I would give up a 2nd for him. That leaves 2 first round picks to grab a S and a DE. Will Anderson at the top of the 1st and a trade down in the middle of the first for a late first and a 2nd. Antonio Johnson with the late 1st and maybe a guy like DT Bryan Bresee in the 2nd....though a coverage LB like Jack Campbell would work well here too.

So we'd go in to next year with Hutch and Will Anderson at DE's. McNeil and Bresee at DT's. Rodrigo and Smith at LB....Okudah, Walker and Antonio Johnson in the secondary.

Leaves getting a top tier S and a solid CB in free agency.

Interesting. Agree with building the defense. You are still on the Goff train? I think it's going to be QB pick 1

Back