Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 NFL Draft

Levis is definitely not a top 10 pick.

According to Betonline.com

Over/under Draft positions.

Will Anderson 3.5 (-140 on the over)
Jalen Carter 6.5 (-150 on the over)
Will Levis 6 (-120 either way)
Tyree Wilson 6.5 (-180 on the under)
Devon Witherspoon 7.5 (-165 on the under)
Christian Gonzalez 8.5 (-120 either way)

https://syndication.bleacherreport....troud-richardson-levis-with-4th-pick.amp.html

Schefter: 'Real Chance' Colts Get Choice of Stroud, Richardson, Levis with 4th Pick.

"I think Indianapolis thinks there's a real chance right now that they can sit right where they are at four and get potentially the second quarterback in this draft," he said. "There's a chance we might not see a quarterback go at two or even three, and there might not be a team that trades up because the value in that isn't what we thought it would be."

They might be right but I wouldn't. Outside of 1, 2 and 4.. Anyone draft a QB in top 10?

https://syndication.bleacherreport....troud-richardson-levis-with-4th-pick.amp.html

Schefter: 'Real Chance' Colts Get Choice of Stroud, Richardson, Levis with 4th Pick.

"I think Indianapolis thinks there's a real chance right now that they can sit right where they are at four and get potentially the second quarterback in this draft," he said. "There's a chance we might not see a quarterback go at two or even three, and there might not be a team that trades up because the value in that isn't what we thought it would be."

this sounds like click bait.

I just did this 3 rd mock. It is my favorite so far.

6. Jalen Carter, DT Georgia
18. Quentin Johnston, WR TCU
48. Hendon Hooker, QB Tennessee
55. Jack Campbell, LB Iowa
81. Jaylon Jones, CB Texas A&M

I just did this 3 rd mock. It is my favorite so far.

6. Jalen Carter, DT Georgia
18. Quentin Johnston, WR TCU
48. Hendon Hooker, QB Tennessee
55. Jack Campbell, LB Iowa
81. Jaylon Jones, CB Texas A&M

5 stars! Masterpiece. Make it happen

The Will Levis odds had a huge swing. He?s now -180 to be drafted in the top 4.

Witherspoon seems to be the odds favorite at pick #6.

5 stars! Masterpiece. Make it happen

I'm torn on Campbell.

He is a 2 down LB AT BEST. If this was 1993 he would be a 1st round pick......but he is a 6'5" 253 LB downhill LB with very limited coverage ability. He will get eaten alive if asked to cover shiftier RB's out of the backfield. He is not what a defensive coordinator is hoping for in a MLB in 2023.

However, he instantly upgrades the short yardage situations, special teams coverage units and just the run defense in general. Good zone defender, too. If you do get him in the 3rd it's a solid value for someone who can come in and really upgrade certain parts of your scheme.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023...etroit-detroit-lions-trade-down-pick-18-calls

Lions looking to trade down from 18

Looking at possible deals for 18 alone based on the trade chart
https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

18 = 900

TB
19 = 875
153 = 29 or 175 = 19.8
904 or 894.8

SEA
20 = 850
123 = 49

LAC
21 = 800
Nothing else adds up without other pick swaps

BAL
22 = 780

MIN
23 = 760
87 = 155
915 (probably would need Detroit 183 = 16.6 or 194 = 12.2)

JAX
24 = 740
88 = 150
202 = 9

NYG
25 = 720
89 = 145
160 = 26.2
209 = 6.2

DAL
26 = 700
90 = 140
129 = 43
169 = 22.6

BUF
27 = 680
91 = 136
130 = 42
137 = 37.5

CIN
28 = 660

NO
29 = 640
71 = 235
165 = 24.2

PHI
30 = 620
62 = 284

KC
31 = 600
63 = 276
166 = 23.8

I'm torn on Campbell.

He is a 2 down LB AT BEST. If this was 1993 he would be a 1st round pick......but he is a 6'5" 253 LB downhill LB with very limited coverage ability. He will get eaten alive if asked to cover shiftier RB's out of the backfield. He is not what a defensive coordinator is hoping for in a MLB in 2023.

However, he instantly upgrades the short yardage situations, special teams coverage units and just the run defense in general. Good zone defender, too. If you do get him in the 3rd it's a solid value for someone who can come in and really upgrade certain parts of your scheme.

I just don't think they are interested in upgrading lb. They have a love affair with AA and Rodrigo and I don't see any rookie starting over either of them. Day 2 will completely depend on how day 1 goes... but I don't expect LB either day.

I just don't think they are interested in upgrading lb. They have a love affair with AA and Rodrigo and I don't see any rookie starting over either of them. Day 2 will completely depend on how day 1 goes... but I don't expect LB either day.

You're right. They likely won't. There is one name I have heard more than once now that really makes a LOT of sense for the Lions and I really hope, somehow, we end up with.

Daiyan Henley, LB, Washington State. I've read a few articles that breakdown just how good a coverage LB he is. Former WR. Explosive first step and when he reads something correctly is almost impossible to beat to the point of attack. Special coverage skills as a LB. 4.54 speed to keep up with most TE and RB's. Add's explosiveness off the edge if blitzing as he already has a plus NFL level first step.

Not a great run defender at this point....can get lost in the crowd if he doesn't make a good initial read and is going to be a 24 year old rookie. But he could play special teams and be a plus sub package defender right away.

Projected late 2nd - 3rd round.

You're right. They likely won't. There is one name I have heard more than once now that really makes a LOT of sense for the Lions and I really hope, somehow, we end up with.

Daiyan Henley, LB, Washington State. I've read a few articles that breakdown just how good a coverage LB he is. Former WR. Explosive first step and when he reads something correctly is almost impossible to beat to the point of attack. Special coverage skills as a LB. 4.54 speed to keep up with most TE and RB's. Add's explosiveness off the edge if blitzing as he already has a plus NFL level first step.

Not a great run defender at this point....can get lost in the crowd if he doesn't make a good initial read and is going to be a 24 year old rookie. But he could play special teams and be a plus sub package defender right away.

Projected late 2nd - 3rd round.

I really hate pick 6 at this point lol. If we can't move up or down and Anderson and Carter are gone I think I may be on board with qb. Anyone think Witherspoon is sauce Gardner? I don't.

Wilson... no thanks.

Skoronski would be meh...

If you liked the idea of Hooker later... you'd probably need to draft him at 18 at this point. So if Stroud or AR15 drops to 6... do you just take one of them?

I'm still hoping we figure out how to get Anderson. But if him and Carter are gone ... we need to move the pick or we're in trouble.

Back