Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 NFL Draft

the best play maker in the NFL. The guy that has had a top 5 defense in almost every year that he has been in the league. The same guy that has led his team to one playoff victory in those seasons? To be fair, he didn't have a chance in the playoffs the last 2 seasons, since he couldn't play in the last 6 games of each season because he couldn't finish due to injury.

That playmaker? :lmao:

He could've played this postseason. He just chose not too.

the best play maker in the NFL. The guy that has had a top 5 defense in almost every year that he has been in the league. The same guy that has led his team to one playoff victory in those seasons? To be fair, he didn't have a chance in the playoffs the last 2 seasons, since he couldn't play in the last 6 games of each season because he couldn't finish due to injury.

That playmaker? :lmao:

I?m not going to debate if the ex MVP Lamar is a top playmaker in the league. You?d have to be a damn fool to think otherwise. Good point on playoff wins, I agree w you there, no excuse for just one.

What I would like to hear from you is, what should we do w Goff 2yrs from now when he?s asking for $40mil?

Me personally, I?d much rather pay Lamar $45-50mil than pay Goff $37-40mil.

If they line up for Carr, Stafford, Cousins, Wentz or an unproven rookie, why the hell wouldn't you line up for the best play maker in the NFL? Again, it just takes one team, he?ll get his money. These owners/GMs can keep playing QB music chairs every year or pay for a franchise QB w Lamar.

Give it 2yrs from now and Goff will be part of the QB music chair conversation. Nobody wants to address QB right now, what are we gonna do when Goff is asking us for $40mil a year? Lol

If Goff has two more years like he had this past year, 40m is a steal. The problem with him is he hasn't had consistency year to year. If he has another so-so year, then no I wouldn't give him 40m. 35td 8 picks 4k yards and leading a top 5 offense will land anyone 40m per year, but Goff needs to prove he can keep consistent.

Stafford had injuries early in his career and then went all iron man. Never know. And one playoff win is better than 0. We had a top 5 defense once, Suh time, and didn't win a playoff game.

Last edited:
If Goff has two more years like he had this past year, 40m is a steal. The problem with him is he hasn't had consistency year to year. If he has another so-so year, then no I wouldn't give him 40m. 35td 8 picks 4k yards and leading a top 5 offense will land anyone 40m per year, but Goff needs to prove he can keep consistent.

$40mil is not a steal for Goff. We have the weapons on the outside, capable RBs and arguably the best Oline in football. Whoever?s behind center should be expected to lead a top 5 offense.

Goff isn?t bad, I view him as a mediocre QB. Same category as Dak, Carr, Cousins, Jimmy G, those type of guys. Not elite, not bad, middle of the pack.

My top 5 QBs in order
Mahomes
Burrow(my favorite QB to root for)
Lamar
Hurts
Allen

Edit: I like Watson a lot too. I?m excited to see how he looks next season.

Last edited:
$40mil is not a steal for Goff. We have the weapons on the outside, capable RBs and arguably the best Oline in football. Whoever?s behind center should be expected to lead a top 5 offense.

Goff isn?t bad, I view him as a mediocre QB. Same category as Dak, Carr, Cousins, Jimmy G, those type of guys. Not elite, not bad, middle of the pack.

My top 5 QBs in order
Mahomes
Burrow(my favorite QB to root for)
Lamar
Fields
Allen

Edit: I like Watson a lot too. I?m excited to see how he looks next season.

You think Justin Fields is better than Josh Allen? Lol. There is no chance of that.

Last edited:
We have a top 5 offense. We dont need a new qb for 2023 or 2024

We have a top 5 offense. We dont need a new qb for 2023 or 2024

Cowboys did too, played 5 games w/o their starting QB and fired the offensive coordinator. Tricks are for kids.

Last edited:
I don't hate the idea of drafting a back up qb to groom for the future. Holmes' off season has put him into the position to do that if he wants to anywhere in the draft. 2 months ago if I told you we used 6 to draft a qb I'd hate it. But now if you told me we used 6 on Anthony Richardson instead of picking tyree wilson...meh id shrug my shoulders. If we traded back up into late 1st to draft Hendon Hooker... wouldn't hate it. If we took the stanford kid in the 3rd... fine. If we took byu kid or Dorian Thompson whatever from ucla in the 4th-5th... fine. Stetson Bennet in the 6th...OK.

I think holmes knows we need to address back up qb and he put himself into a position to do it whenever he sees fit.

Last edited:
No serious injury. I don?t blame any person being extra cautious and protecting themselves w $200 million dangling in front of them. I?d play it safe if I was in his shoes too.

Extra cautious, protecting himself, or quitting on his team. Yeah, give that person $200M for playing it safe.

The closer we get to the draft the more I?d like to move up for Anderson Jr. Hutch/Anderson on the edge for the next 4-6 years! Carter would be a great consolation prize.

#18 Banks or best CB available
#48 Sewell or Campbell
#55 Tuli Tuipulotu

At the end of the day, I want best defensive players available w early picks. I?d like to see all defense in the first two-four rounds, or entire draft w the exception of a kicker. Defense, defense, defense.

The closer we get to the draft the more I?d like to move up for Anderson Jr. Hutch/Anderson on the edge for the next 4-6 years! Carter would be a great consolation prize.

#48 Sewell or Campbell
#55 Tuli Tuipulotu

At the end of the day, I want best defensive players available w early picks. I?d like to see all defense in the first two-four rounds, or entire draft w the exception of a kicker. Defense, defense, defense.

Solid draft if that happens. You'd have to trade one of picks 18 48 or 55 to do it though. I'm out on lb now. I just don't think anyone will start over AA or Rodrigo unfortunately.... Holmes and DC love those guys. Beef up the dline to try to help them is all we can do.

Last edited:

#48 Sewell or Campbell
#55 Tuli Tuipulotu

Noah Sewell draft profile?.

Weaknesses
Lacks instincts and awareness to get early jumps.
Fails to locate blockers from his peripheral.
Too easily trapped behind blocks on outside runs.
Lacks functional speed for pursuit and playmaking.
Poor reactive athleticism in the open field.
Very little range when tasked with coverage.

No. No. And no. Sewell isn?t better than Barnes and might not be better than Jalen Reeves Maybin. He would be a wasted pick. He?s a LESS athletic Jalani Tavai.

Weaknesses

No. No. And no. Sewell isn?t better than Barnes and might not be better than Jalen Reeves Maybin. He would be a wasted pick. He?s a LESS athletic Jalani Tavai.

Defense is all I want, brotha! I?d even be happy drafting (2) CBS in the first two rounds.

I live in Oregon and watch a lot of Duck football. I think Sewell?s biggest weakness is staying on the field. Seems to get hurt a lot and also pulled on 3rd downs. Discipline/maturity would be another concern. I do think the talent/athleticism is there to be a starting NFL LB. Like every prospect, he has weaknesses.

Weaknesses

I didn't think it possible to be less athletic than Tavai.

I didn't think it possible to be less athletic than Tavai.

Tavai actually had a good year last year. 21st out of 81 off ball LBs. Fits NE scheme but nowhere else like Jamie Collins and Kyle Van Noy

Lions need a coverage LB like Simpson. Anzalone is the MIKE for the foreseable future and won't come off the field because he has the green dot.

Back