Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Off-Season Thread

No, but we need DE in the worst way.....even if he is 66 years old.

Budda Baker would be nice, too.

I disagree. Harris(full year after injury), Houston, Okwara bros, Hutch, Comisky, Josh Pascal. We are absolutely fine

Last edited:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-finalizing-three-year-extension-with-texans/

Shaq Mason just got 3 years 36 million, 22 guaranteed

Do you give that to Jonah Jackson this offseason or let right before FA next year or let him walk?

I?m OK with spending on O-line, but I worry how expensive it will get considering Sewell will be due up in the near future. Jonah is good but I don?t think he?s that good. Think they can get similar production through the draft on a cheaper rookie deal.

I?m OK with spending on O-line, but I worry how expensive it will get considering Sewell will be due up in the near future. Jonah is good but I don?t think he?s that good. Think they can get similar production through the draft on a cheaper rookie deal.

Got to replace two guards then with Vaitai, Glasgow and Jackson all FAs. Sorsdal a little too raw and Awosika/Stenberg (FAs next year too) not the answer either

Pay Jackson then go cheap rookie for RG with Sorsdal the backup or see if you can pay Glasgow on a cheap two year deal next year.

Minor but the rook RB hurt his ankle day 1. Will only miss a couple days but that was quick.

Minor but the rook RB hurt his ankle day 1. Will only miss a couple days but that was quick.

Zero reason to push him but yes that is annoying

Now if is missing multiple OTAs coming up, then you get concerned.

lol. FUCK. What is up with Lions RB injuries? We get a RB.....he cannot stay healthy. The list is so fucking long. Since Barry....

Kevin Jones - 1 Good year and then injuries cost him what would have been a good career.

Kevin Smith - 1 Good year and then injuries cost him would would have been a solid career.

Jahvid Best - Concussions cost him his entire career. Would have been special IMO.

Mikel LeShoure - Major achilles injury before his first NFL carry. 1 OK year and then injuries cost him his career.

Ameer Abdullah - Never even had a good year. Injuries and fumbles kept him from being anything more than a journeyman RB.

Kerryon Johnson - Whether it was that fat bastard Patricia or just injuries.....guy had talent but couldn't stay on the field. Cost him what would have been a good career. Guy is only 25 years old TODAY and his knees wont let him even attempt a comeback.

Deandre Swift - Most talented of this group. Has 2800 scrimmage yards in 3 years. That's a LOT of yards considering how often he has been hurt. Misses huge chunks of each season. Not completely.....he just can never stay healthy enough to touch the ball more than 5-10 a game. I would have given him another year.....but I understand wanting someone you can count on.

Jahmyr Gibbs - One practice. One injury.

That is one IMPRESSIVE list of RB's that had little to no impact because they couldn't stay on the field.

Last edited:
Don't forget Reggie Bush injuries too in 2013/2014

Jamaal Williams stayed healthy!! And got 17 TDS for a franchise record

Joique Bell UDFA years too

Montgomery and Gibbs better stay healthy during the season

lol. FUCK. What is up with Lions RB injuries? We get a RB.....he cannot stay healthy. The list is so fucking long. Since Barry....

Kevin Jones - 1 Good year and then injuries cost him what would have been a good career.

Kevin Smith - 1 Good year and then injuries cost him would would have been a solid career.

Jahvid Best - Concussions cost him his entire career. Would have been special IMO.

Mikel LeShoure - Major achilles injury before his first NFL carry. 1 OK year and then injuries cost him his career.

Ameer Abdullah - Never even had a good year. Injuries and fumbles kept him from being anything more than a journeyman RB.

Kerryon Johnson - Whether it was that fat bastard Patricia or just injuries.....guy had talent but couldn't stay on the field. Cost him what would have been a good career. Guy is only 25 years old TODAY and his knees wont let him even attempt a comeback.

Deandre Swift - Most talented of this group. Has 2800 scrimmage yards in 3 years. That's a LOT of yards considering how often he has been hurt. Misses huge chunks of each season. Not completely.....he just can never stay healthy enough to touch the ball more than 5-10 a game. I would have given him another year.....but I understand wanting someone you can count on.

Jahmyr Gibbs - One practice. One injury.

That is one IMPRESSIVE list of RB's that had little to no impact because they couldn't stay on the field.
Dang. I blame myself on LeShoure.. Had to get his Jersey.

Don't forget Reggie Bush injuries too in 2013/2014

Jamaal Williams stayed healthy!! And got 17 TDS for a franchise record

Joique Bell UDFA years too

Montgomery and Gibbs better stay healthy during the season

I think we should have kept Swift. Unless he told them he wanted a trade I would have tried to get one more year out of him. I know we got a 4th in '25 but with our RB injury history having 2 speed backs would have been a good thing.

Ibrahim will be our starting RB by week 5. Book it.

Love that pickup. He's a tough runner with good vision.

Injury history and VERY limited pass catching opportunities. Read he is a solid route runner with decent hands, but Flecks offense doesn't call for a lot of opportunities for RB's to catch the ball.

Let?s all be real about our secondary, CBs. Yes we addressed it, but was it done in the right way.

Sutton, good signing. Average #1 CB in the NFL.

Moseley our #2 CB is coming back from a torn ACL. He?s played in over 12 games once in 5 seasons. Good chance we get under 10 games from him. No excuse, we knew this when we signed him.

CJ Gardner? Great signing but the guy is a Safety.

Branch?good pick but he?s a Safety

Guys?We have ONE reliable CB on the roster w no depth behind him. When one or two of our starting CBs get hurt, we can?t use that as an excuse.

Let?s all be real about our secondary, CBs. Yes we addressed it, but was it done in the right way.

Sutton, good signing. Average #1 CB in the NFL.

Moseley our #2 CB is coming back from a torn ACL. He?s played in over 12 games once in 5 seasons. Good chance we get under 10 games from him. No excuse, we knew this when we signed him.

CJ Gardner? Great signing but the guy is a Safety.

Branch?good pick but he?s a Safety

Guys?We have ONE reliable CB on the roster w no depth behind him. When one or two of our starting CBs get hurt, we can?t use that as an excuse.

This from the guy who wanted to give Lamar Jackson $250M when he has missed 30% of each of the last 2 seasons AND the playoffs.

Sutton. Moseley. Jacobs. Lucas. Harris. While I do NOT love that group....there are solid players there and I have read a lot of good things about Lucas's off season. We'll see if that transfers to the playing field.

Add in Walker, CJGJ, Branch and Kirby and you have a group of guys that all have some coverage skills. That is clearly what they are targeting in a DB. Versatility. All 9 of the guys I mentioned are considered man coverage guys and the safetys in the group are all versatile safetys that lean much more toward coverage than traditional FS and SS.

There isn't a team in the league that wouldn't be hurt by losing 1 or 2 of their top CB's......but the Lions might actually be in a position to be LESS affected if that happens given the fact that so many of their guys can play M2M.

Back