Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Off-Season Thread

Holmes, Campbell and Co. win a playoff game, yes, give them the keys. From the dregs of the league to a playoff W in three years, it puts all previous regimes to shame.
But they haven't yet. The league needs to keep on adding wild card teams to make the playoffs. And add more games to win 9 times. The only sports franchise where 9-8 is awesome.

Reactions: 503
But they haven't yet. The league needs to keep on adding wild card teams to make the playoffs. And add more games to win 9 times. The only sports franchise where 9-8 is awesome.

the NBA is getting that way too. The Bulls are 36-40 and are currently qualified for the playoffs.

Who said 9-8 was awesome? It's a step in the right direction and they need to continue those steps.

8-2 finish is awesome.

Adding a good secondary is awesome

Progression from a young team is awesome

2023 is going to be really awesome if they execute

8-2 finish is awesome.

Adding a good secondary is awesome

Progression from a young team is awesome

2023 is going to be really awesome if they execute

You?re just like a lottery ticket. Always think best case scenario when you first purchase the ticket, then when the numbers get drawn, back to reality.

I appreciate your positive spirit. Hopefully one day we?ll cash in our tickets!

You?re just like a lottery ticket. Always think best case scenario when you first purchase the ticket, then when the numbers get drawn, back to reality.

I appreciate your positive spirit. Hopefully one day we?ll cash in our tickets!

I mean they are North favorites. Hasnt happened since 1992

I am not only one to think this way this time at least

Nice to see the difference between a good gm in holmes and the past 3 lions gms

I mean they are North favorites. Hasnt happened since 1992

I am not only one to think this way this time at least

Nice to see the difference between a good gm in holmes and the past 3 lions gms

Being the favorites means nothing at this point. We were also the favorites in the Ramsey sweepstakes and the Lamar.

I like Holmes and the direction it appears we?re headed but we/he still haven?t accomplished anything besides hope. Verdict is still out if he?s a good GM.

Being the favorites means nothing at this point. We were also the favorites in the Ramsey sweepstakes and the Lamar.

I like Holmes and the direction it appears we?re headed but we/he still haven?t accomplished anything besides hope. Verdict is still out if he?s a good GM.

It means people can see the Lions as a good team, which hasn't happened since 1992 pre season. But yes they still have to execute.

It means people can see the Lions as a good team, which hasn't happened since 1992 pre season. But yes they still have to execute.

Unfortunately, the 1992 team won five games.

Unfortunately, the 1992 team won five games.

Yep and then made playoffs next 3 years after that.

Lions have to execute on the hype. Good for people to take notice and the new talent level.

Yep and then made playoffs next 3 years after that.

All "one-and-out" games. Including The infamous Sharpe TD, and The Philadelphia Massacre. The other was an "ignominious" loss to GB as well IIRC.

Lions have to execute on the hype. Good for people to take notice and the new talent level.

I don't care about the hype, because I don't accept it.

All "one-and-out" games. Including The infamous Sharpe TD, and The Philadelphia Massacre. The other was an "ignominious" loss to GB as well IIRC.

I don't care about the hype, because I don't accept it.

You don't have to but enough people do that there COULD be something different about this team.

But they have to execute and prove it of course.

They won 8 of their last 10 when they got some normal health and added even more talent. They have a great chance to win the division, make the playoffs and possibly advance

My final mock. One with trades and what I wish would happen. 1 without...aka if we're stuck.

With trades
Lions trade 6, 55 and 81 to move up to 3
Lions trade 48, 194 and next years 2nd to move up
3 Will Anderson DE
18 Quentin Johnston WR
32 Hendon Hooker QB

No trades
6 Jalen Carter DT
18 Quentin Johnston WR
48 Antonio Johnson S
55 Mazi Smith DT
81 John Michael Schmitz C

Last scenario is if were stuck at 6 and Anderson/Carter are off the board. I have no clue what they will do... id reach for Nolan Smith and grab the biggest impact guy on the board.

Last edited:
Reactions: LKP
My final mock. One with trades and what I wish would happen. 1 without...aka if we're stuck.

No trades
6 Jalen Carter DT - Hate it. Just doesn't seem to have the heart to succeed in the NFL. I'll root for him if they draft him......but I won't be happy about it.

18 Quentin Johnston WR - Best "big" WR in the draft....but I think the signing of Marvin Jones means they are out of the "WR early" race. Maybe a guy like Jayden Reed in the 3rd or 4th.

48 Antonio Johnson S - Love it. Great place to get him. I don't think he lasts 47 picks, though. Great fit all around if they land him.

55 Mazi Smith DT - Good pick. Plays hard. A Dan Campbell type of guy.

81 John Michael Schmitz C - ?? Don't know anything about him. I'd target a TE or RB here. I think we're set at the IOL.

Last edited:
Buddy Baker just requested a trade.

The addition of Anderson jr and Baker would look great for the defense. Just saying.

Back