Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Off Season

these two "additions" are just a sign that the Pistons aren't interested in getting better next year. It's going to be another development year for the young guys. This pretty much guarantees another year in the lottery.

Not impressed with either trade.

Now that the Pistons didn't add anybody that helps them win now, I certainly hope that they trade Bojan and Burkes by the trade deadline.

This team needed shooters badly and got them. They were a 17 win team they weren't getting stars to coming here. I think you're expecting too much Tom. We won a lousy 17 games. With more money next season winning more games we're still not getting stars. It's Detroit.

Last edited:
This team needed shooters badly and got them. They were a 17 win team they weren't getting stars to coming here. I think you're expecting too much Tom. We won a lousy 17 games. With more money next season winning more games we're still not getting stars. It's Detroit.

I don't expect stars either, but starting caliber players would be nice. Morris is a back up PG and Harris might be a 3rd on the depth chart. The two stiffs that they got are deep bench players. If you are going to take on $30M in salary for 2 bench players you should net more than just a 2nd round pick.

There was nobody worth overpaying for in this FA class. Bench is better, more shooters, potential trade chips at the deadline. They improved slightly, but nothing that moves the needle much, I doubt they could've made any moves to put them in the play-in picture this upcoming season. Nothing impressive, but I'm glad they didn't force any bad long-term moves yesterday.

The backcourt is a bit overcrowded now, expecting another move or two. The Killian experience is probably over.

Sources: Wizards trading vet PG Monte Morris to Pistons
ESPN
Jun 30, 2023
The Washington Wizards are trading point guard Monte Morris to the Detroit Pistons for a second-round pick, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Friday night.

The Wizards will create a $9.8 million traded player exception with the deal. Morris will go into the Pistons' remaining cap room; they still have access to the $7.8 million room midlevel exception for teams operating under the salary cap, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.

NBA trade tracker: Grades, details for all deals for 2023-24
24m
Morris, 28, was acquired by the Wizards in an offseason trade last summer that sent Kentavious Caldwell-Pope to the Denver Nuggets. Morris averaged 10.3 points and 5.3 assists while shooting 48% from the field and 38.2% from 3 for Washington last season.

However, the Wizards' backcourt had gotten crowded after trades to acquire Tyus Jones and Jordan Poo

How many guards do the Pistons need?

503, looks like Dame asking out..

I know, I?m sick. This regime chose young prospects over Dame.

Joe Cronin moves since he took over as GM.
Traded Powell and Roco for nothing.
CJ for cap space
Waived Watford yesterday
Now Dame request a trade.

He needs to be fired.
Jody Allen needs to sell the team to Uncle Phil Knight.

I know, I?m sick. This regime chose young prospects over Dame.

Joe Cronin moves since he took over as GM.
Traded Powell and Roco for nothing.
CJ for cap space
Waived Watford yesterday
Now Dame request a trade.

He needs to be fired.
Jody Allen needs to sell the team to Uncle Phil Knight.

from what I heard, it was Dame that asked to be traded.

There was nobody worth overpaying for in this FA class. Bench is better, more shooters, potential trade chips at the deadline. They improved slightly, but nothing that moves the needle much, I doubt they could've made any moves to put them in the play-in picture this upcoming season. Nothing impressive, but I'm glad they didn't force any bad long-term moves yesterday.

The backcourt is a bit overcrowded now, expecting another move or two. The Killian experience is probably over.

the Pistons are always going to have to overpay for free agents. I agree that there weren't any "needle movers" but there were a few that could have been starter caliber players. My beef is they took on so much salary without getting any assets. The two guys that they got do not make a bit of difference. They should have waited for a team that needed a third team in a big trade and got something for taking on so much salary. They took on $30M in salary for a backup PG and a 3rd string SG when they don't even have a starting SF.

from what I heard, it was Dame that asked to be traded.

Yeah that?s because we decided to keep lottery picks the past 2years instead of getting Dame help.

I?m cursed, bro. My two favorite teams in professional sports are arguably the two most incompetent organizations.

the Pistons are always going to have to overpay for free agents. I agree that there weren't any "needle movers" but there were a few that could have been starter caliber players. My beef is they took on so much salary without getting any assets. The two guys that they got do not make a bit of difference. They should have waited for a team that needed a third team in a big trade and got something for taking on so much salary. They took on $30M in salary for a backup PG and a 3rd string SG when they don't even have a starting SF.

I don't see a starting wing making that much of a difference next year, probably still a lottery team. Morris/Harris come off the books after this season, so they're basically just pushing that 30M out to next off-season. I'm guessing they start the year with Cade-Ivey-Bojan-Stew-Duren, with Ausar taking over for one of Bojan/Stew at some point later in the season.

I'm curious who? We were t getting Cam, Grant just got a fortune - what needle moves are out there that were coming? We were not getting fa needle movers on a 17 win team.

Last edited:
I'm curious who? We were t getting Cam, Grant just got a fortune - what needle moves are out there that were coming? We were not getting fa needle movers on a 17 win team.

Move either Cade or Ivey and go after Markkanen.

Yeah that?s because we decided to keep lottery picks the past 2years instead of getting Dame help.

I?m cursed, bro. My two favorite teams in professional sports are arguably the two most incompetent organizations.

If Dame is a true "superstar", he shouldn't need any more help than he already has. Simons and Grant are really good players. Both average about 21 points a game. Nurkic is a decent center (13 points, 9 boards). Those 3 plus any "star" player should win more than 33 games.

To me, Dame is just like Harden and Westbrook. Talented players but not winners.

If Dame is a true "superstar", he shouldn't need any more help than he already has. Simons and Grant are really good players. Both average about 21 points a game. Nurkic is a decent center (13 points, 9 boards). Those 3 plus any "star" player should win more than 33 games.

To me, Dame is just like Harden and Westbrook. Talented players but not winners.

We?re a NW team, I?m guessing you don?t get to watch much Dame and judging our roster from ESPN player stats.

You?re completely 100% wrong. Dames is a stone cold killer that is a superstar in the league.

Nurk is trash, Grant inconsistent, Simons I like. Last years team was young, incompetent coach w Chauncey, and shut everyone down to tank after all star break. Dame has played w one all star in his career and that was his first 2 seasons w Aldridge. Ever since Paul Allen passed away and his sister took over, all we?ve done is cost saving salary dump moves to avoid the tax. Dame hasn?t had the help needed to compete in a deep wester conference.

Last edited:
On a side note I rooted for them hard as a teenager when they won their title, I think '77 but don't entirely remember.

We?re a NW team, I?m guessing you don?t get to watch much Dame and judging our roster from ESPN player stats.

You?re completely 100% wrong. Dames is a stone cold killer that is a superstar in the league.

Nurk is trash, Grant inconsistent, Simons I like. Last years team was young, incompetent coach w Chauncey, and shut everyone down to tank after all star break. Dame has played w one all star in his career and that was his first 2 seasons w Aldridge. Ever since Paul Allen passed away and his sister took over, all we?ve done is cost saving salary dump moves to avoid the tax. Dame hasn?t had the help needed to compete in a deep wester conference.

like I said, he's a "star" like Harden and Westbrook. They put up stats but aren't winners. He's a scoring PG that doesn't make players around him any better. So he can make threes from the logo...awesome!

Back