Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

234,000 Jobs Unemployment Down to 8.3 %

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
johnny2x2x said:
Other good news was that Decembers numbers were adjusted up to 223,000 jobs created and January's up to 284,000 new jobs. That's 3/4 million jobs in 3 months.

Now where were all those FOX news sheep who were screaming seasonal hiring when Decembers numbers were 1st announced? Come on, I remember hearing that talking point from more than one person here in the last few months. Own it.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daniel-gross/jobs-report-trend-meaningful-growth-emerges-141221947.html

"In February 2012, BLS determined the number of Americans who were working was 142.065 million, up from 141.637 million in January 2012, and up significantly from 139.551 million in February 2011. That's 2.514 million more Americans working today than a year ago. In February, the labor force, the labor force participation rate, and the employment-to-population ratio all grew. They still remain at depressed levels. The U-6, an unemployment rate that takes into account frustrated job seekers and people who are working part-time but would prefer to work full-time, fell to 14.9 percent. That's high, but it's the lowest level since January 2009."

Are you more happy more jobs were created or because the right was wrong? I can't tell.

In general, when the Right is wrong lately, good things happen for America, so there isn't much difference.

Apparently the left has forgotten all the people who are out of work and are unable to claim any more unemployment. Those people don't get counted so naturally the unemployment rate does go down.

tazmac said:
Apparently the left has forgotten all the people who are out of work and are unable to claim any more unemployment. Those people don't get counted so naturally the unemployment rate does go down.

ofcourse they get counted..it's why the unemployment rate stayed at 8.3 %......500,000 people reentered the job search in Feb well after their unemployment ran out and they became disillusioned.

tazmac said:

You do realize your statement is totally wrong right? Look up the methods for UE rate calculations. Collecting or not collecting unemployment benefits has nothing to do with it.

But the real story isn't the UE rate this month, it's the job growth that's seen 750,000 new jobs added to the economy over the last 3 moths.

johnny2x2x said:
tazmac said:

You do realize your statement is totally wrong right? Look up the methods for UE rate calculations. Collecting or not collecting unemployment benefits has nothing to do with it.

But the real story isn't the UE rate this month, it's the job growth that's seen 750,000 new jobs added to the economy over the last 3 moths.

yet, adjusted for inflation, wages are down....."welcome to Walmart" greeters are in demand

The jobless rate held at a three-year low of 8.3 percent even as people flooded back into the labor force to hunt for work, and 61,000 more jobs were created in December and January than previously thought. [27] One reason why the unemployment rate had fallen steadily over the previous five months, from 9.1 percent last August to 8.3 percent in January, was that so many people who were out of work gave up looking for a job. [21] Government data also showed that 476,000 people joined the workforce in February, which kept the official unemployment rate unchanged at 8.3 percent. After months -- or even years -- of discouragement, many who had given up hunting for a job have begun to dip their toes back into the market. [7]

SLICK said:
The jobless rate held at a three-year low of 8.3 percent even as people flooded back into the labor force to hunt for work, and 61,000 more jobs were created in December and January than previously thought. [27] One reason why the unemployment rate had fallen steadily over the previous five months, from 9.1 percent last August to 8.3 percent in January, was that so many people who were out of work gave up looking for a job. [21] Government data also showed that 476,000 people joined the workforce in February, which kept the official unemployment rate unchanged at 8.3 percent. After months -- or even years -- of discouragement, many who had given up hunting for a job have begun to dip their toes back into the market. [7]

yep...2.8 Million...that's why Gallup tracks the unemployment rate at over 9%

tsmith7559 said:
johnny2x2x said:

yet, adjusted for inflation, wages are down....."welcome to Walmart" greeters are in demand

Yup wages only increased $.03 to and average of $23.31 an hour and have only risen by 1.9% in the last year which slightly lags behind inflation. $23.31 an hour for the average job is a little more than they pay at Walmart though I would bet.

Let's get rid of the unions though, that will raise wages.
grin.png

Most conservatives put the actual unemployment number up around 19%. But who the fuck cares about all these other numbers. If every single other president was allowed to use the government number i find it hillarious that all of a sudden Obama isnt allowed to use the government number lol. Fucking ppl are hillarious.....anytime he does something decent its flipped or flat out lied about.

Welcome to politics Hughes. Where have you been your whole life.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Welcome to politics Hughes. Where have you been your whole life.

Just wait 'til he realizes that it's not just all of sudden that these numbers are questioned, they're questioned by the party not in power every time they reflect even slightly well on the party in power.

+1 Red - smartest thing said in this thread.

Also for the record, I think it is great (really great) more people are finding work. Also for the record, the number of things the Republicans may use in the election continues to dwindle.

So the question becomes, what did Obama have to do with any of it? :*)

Rhetorical question in case you were wondering . . .

KAWDUP said:

Also for the record, I think it is great (really great) more people are finding work. Also for the record, the number of things the Republicans may use in the election continues to dwindle.

Did Obama have anything to do with the downturn then?

Rhetorical question directed at a moron (in case you were wondering).

cheeno said:
KAWDUP said:

What a fucking loser. Do you have any intelligence whatsoever? . . . or are you always ready for the short bus? By your post I would have to say time for school bozo.

I thought you being the dipshit that you are already blamed the entire downturn on Bush anyway. So fuck the hell off. You have no knowlege of anything useful.

KAWDUP said:
cheeno said:

What a fucking loser. Do you have any intelligence whatsoever? . . . or are you always ready for the short bus? By your post I would have to say time for school bozo.

I thought you being the dipshit that you are already blamed the entire downturn on Bush anyway. So fuck the hell off. You have no knowlege of anything useful.

U mad bro?

KAWDUP said:
No just answering your dumbass response. You mad?

Oh that was an answer and not a tirade? How the hell does someone get that rattled on a message board? I shouldn't be surprised most right wing dummies rely on it as a defense mechanism. I'm surprised you didn't call me a slut.

Read what you posted again, and then come back and lecture about getting a posted tirade. I was joking. Said it tongue in cheek. Added a smiley to emphasize.

Your post was a direct insult showing complete ignorance. You get what you ask for. Be a jerk and get a tirade. Seems fair to me.

SLUT!!!!!

KAWDUP said:
Read what you posted again, and then come back and lecture about getting a posted tirade. I was joking. Said it tongue in cheek. Added a smiley to emphasize.

Your post was a direct insult showing complete ignorance. You get what you ask for. Be a jerk and get a tirade. Seems fair to me.

SLUT!!!!!

Mine was directed at your post. Saying it was all boom bust cycle kinda misses the point, hence your post is moronic. No big deal. Then you go on a personal attack with as much bile as possible (much like your dimwitted Repub brethren) making you looked like you take comments on a message board way too seriously (which you do) hence "U mad bro". But go ahead and enlighten us on booms and busts since you are the smartest guy in the room.

Back