Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Biogenesis ready to tell MLB on players Arod, Braun, suspensions coming Updated

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...s-most-hated-lawyer-york-legal-004916017.html
A-Rod adds ?the most hated lawyer in New York? to his legal team.

If I were A-rod I would hire the best legal team as well. He is going to lose $36M if he serves the entire suspension. If he only serves the 50 games like the other 11 it will probably be more like losing $7-$8M. Also, he has a $6M bonus if / when he passes each HR milestone. The next one is Willie Mayes and he is only 12 away from that. Getting suspended for 211 games he may never suit up again which would causse him to lose $6M each milestone he doesn't get the opportunity to pass.

A-Roid would have probably accepted a 100 game suspension.

You are probably right....and that is what he will probably get. However, since the longest one out of this group was 65 games an arbritrator may only give him a 50. They will likely go by the book (CBA outline) 50 for 1st offense & 100 for 2nd

You are probably right....and that is what he will probably get. However, since the longest one out of this group was 65 games an arbritrator may only give him a 50. They will likely go by the book (CBA outline) 50 for 1st offense & 100 for 2nd

It depends on what kind of evidence MLB has that he tried to buy off witnesses or whatever.

And I agree, if they offered 100, he would have taken it...he as much as said so.

It depends on what kind of evidence MLB has that he tried to buy off witnesses or whatever.

And I agree, if they offered 100, he would have taken it...he as much as said so.
I so wanna know what they have on him. The crazier the better!

If I was Arod, knowing I was getting suspended I'd be on peds right not. Can't hurt..Go out with a bang.

As more and more evidence comes out that he implicated other players, A-Roid may need total body armor at the plate when / if he ever returns.

Alex may also consider wearing a helmet during 3B-area field practices prior to games. Players tossing baseballs around the infield and outfield may throw errantly on purpose.

He is approaching a junction in the road where he may not be able to trust his own teammates.

Last edited:
As more and more evidence comes out that he implicated other players, A-Roid may need total body armor at the plate when / if he ever returns.

Alex may also consider wearing a helmet during 3B-area field practices prior to games. Players tossing baseballs around the infield and outfield may throw errantly on purpose.

He is approaching a junction in the road where he may not be able to trust his own teammates.

If players are so concerned about Ped use and wish it gone then why get angry at Arod. If you're clean no worries.

If players are so concerned about Ped use and wish it gone then why get angry at Arod. If you're clean no worries.

Guilt by association. If the clean guys play well then people still suspect them of using because of the ARod's and Braun's of the world. That's frustrating to them.

Report: Ryan Braun is ready to come clean

"Braun, according to his friends, is ready to soon admit that he used performance-enhancing drugs in parts of the 2011 season, the reasons why he did it, and publicly apologize for the lies and deception."

"And for the first time, he will admit guilt."

"The people close to Braun said he is eager to be the anti-Alex Rodriguez and is desperately trying to distance himself from the New York Yankees third baseman"

Report: Ryan Braun is ready to come clean

Braun can issue a dozen public apologies but few if any will believe anything he ever says regarding his cheating. He may well have been juicing ever since his college days, and that I would tend to believe over his claims that he only did so during "certain parts" of the '11 season. As far as Lyin' Ryan's hopes of becoming the "anti" ARoid...fat chance of that ever happening, b/c even in an apples vs oranges comparison, they still certainly have very much in common. such as being from the same type of "tree" (Biogenesis) have "seeds" (evidence of cheating) "grown and shed leaves" (lies, deceit, blame-shifting, and denial) and of course, last but not least, both are "fruity" juicers.

Braun has quite aptly demonstrated that he is more than willing to throw anyone, even his closest friends under the proverbial bus, if doing so would result in the tiniest shred of doubt as to the degree of his guilt or make any slightly positive difference in the public's soured perception of him, and most likely he will continue to do so, post-suspension. He may be trying to distance himself from ARoid, but anyone who has even the slightest association with this slimy dirtbag would be very wise to put as much distance between themselves and him as is humanly possible.

Longtime friend of Ryan Braun files lawsuit for defamation

Can't see the Brewers ballclub really wanting to retain Braun and his now massive baggage on their roster next year, so I would not be surprised at all if they attempt to trade him in the off-season, to any other MLB franchise that would be willing to acquire him. (the Blue Jays, perhaps?)He probably won't fetch much more than a carton-full of sunflower seeds in return, much less a scrub or two, and Milwaukee will likely need to eat most of his remaining contract to be rid of Ryan, anyway.

So Braun, wants to be the anti Arod - AND COME CLEAN 2 YEARS LATER.

Yeah, way to step up Braun :lmao:

So Braun, wants to be the anti Arod - AND COME CLEAN 2 YEARS LATER.

Yeah, way to step up Braun :lmao:

He's Lance Armstrong. He'll still be viewed as a giant POS minus all the charity money.

You can't run around adamantly denying to everyone that you've never used and then once you finally get caught admit your use years later and people will accept your apology. It doesn't work that way. When you get caught you have to immediately admit to it if you want anyone to forgive you.

He's Lance Armstrong. He'll still be viewed as a giant POS minus all the charity money.

You can't run around adamantly denying to everyone that you've never used and then once you finally get caught admit your use years later and people will accept your apology. It doesn't work that way. When you get caught you have to immediately admit to it if you want anyone to forgive you.

I wouldn't be so sure. I bet the Cardinal fans don't have a problem with McGuire.

Ex-Tiger and D-Backs manager Kirk Gibson weighs in on Lyin' Ryan's upcoming apology

"I'm not surprised that he hasn't addressed people," Gibson said. "He probably doesn't give a (expletive) about me. But you know, he's got it really good, and I was one of the guys who went through many things -- work stoppages, etc. -- so he could do that. So I would hope he respects me and everyone who stood up for him that came before he played the game."

"If he thinks he's giving back to the game, he has a different idea of how to give back than I do."

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9...-gibson-cheaters-ryan-braun-rob-other-players

Braun never has respected the game, nor his peers that came before, during and after he first came up to the majors. Its so blatantly obvious, especially given his speech to his ballclub, MLB and the MSM/public during '12 ST in AZ. Even the absolutely worst politician, lawyer. or CEO could not possibly outdo Braun's BS that he hypocritically crapped out from the podium that day.

Why should anyone give this massive douchebag yet another chance to try to dupe & deceive them again? Lyin' Ryan isn't about to ever freely admit, discuss or confess to any wrongdoing prior to the'11 season, so even before he utters a single word, he will already have carefully prepared and practiced the BS. that he will yank out of his asshole and spew from his piehole.

Back