Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Calvin Johnson HOF

biggunsbob

Here is the the 2021 class.

2021:
Peyton Manning
Charles Woodson
Calvin Johnson
Drew Pearson
Alan Faneca
Bill Nunn
John Lynch
Tom Flores

If someone can post his door knock I would appreciate it. For some reason it’s not letting me do it.

Same thing happened to me. Link does not work.

HOF is such a joke. Terrell Owens had better stats, more of an impact and deep playoff runs....he has to wait 3 years most think because of his attitude. Calvin never wins a damn thing in his life...quits and then cries and whines...first ballot.

HOF is such a joke. Terrell Owens had better stats, more of an impact and deep playoff runs....he has to wait 3 years most think because of his attitude. Calvin never wins a damn thing in his life...quits and then cries and whines...first ballot.

who gives a fuck!!! He played for Our Lions kept his mouth shut the whole time,
he bitched about the Lions afterwards, not a million dollar talent and ten cents head like terrel owens and others.
We all bitch about the Lions as fans, he has a right to after he retires because he gave his blood and guts, You would wait 30 years for a door knock because you bitch and whine constantly so stfu and enjoy a Great Lion's player in the HOF.

Yeah I saw it on nfl.com too. Pretty cool. Wish the Lions were run better with Barry,Matt Calvin, and many many other great Lion players. Sadly it really all points the ownership on why the Lion’s never win. Calvin was smart to get out when he did. His fingers were messed up. He had a few concussions. Lions management never learns and while I think Campbell has put a decent staff together his press conference still has he skeptical he is the guy. Hope so.

Last edited:
who gives a fuck!!! He played for Our Lions kept his mouth shut the whole time,
he bitched about the Lions afterwards, not a million dollar talent and ten cents head like terrel owens and others.
We all bitch about the Lions as fans, he has a right to after he retires because he gave his blood and guts, You would wait 30 years for a door knock because you bitch and whine constantly so stfu and enjoy a Great Lion's player in the HOF.

And here you are bitching and whining about their attitude. Exactly my point. That's not what the HOF should be about. Terrell owens was better... for longer...had nearly double the tds. Its a joke....

Owens never cheated he whined but these days that's what WR do. His stats says he's should have been a 1st ballot Hall of Fame player. If you care about the HOF you should question why Owens was neglected for 3 years.

Andre Rison, another one who should be in. Bad attitude. I'd personally put Jimmy Smith in the hall.

And here you are bitching and whining about their attitude. Exactly my point. That's not what the HOF should be about. Terrell owens was better... for longer...had nearly double the tds. Its a joke....

Where did I say I was bitching about Calvin or anyone??? I said he bitched about the Lions after he retired, he can do what he wants with the ownership.

IDGAF what any of them say, whether terrell was better or not is up for debate numbers say he was, but maybe the character clause has something to do with owens waiting 3 years.

I couldn't agree more. He deserves to be in, but if TO had to wait 3 years, Calvin should have had to wait 4

Great job Calvin. Well deserved

Next up is Stafford!!

Lions coach Buddy Parker deserves the HOF over Tom Flores.

Tom Flores 97-87-0. 83-53 with Oakland and 14-34 with Seattle. I think he was a scrub in KC super bowl title of 1969. He won 2 Super Bowls as head coach of the raiders and was 8-3 in postseason games.

Buddy Parker 104-75-9
With Detroit he was 47-23-2 with back to back Nfl titles and was in three championship games in a row. Lions were 3-1 on post season games under Parker. 2-1 in title games.
With Pittsburgh he was 51-47-6. Buddy was also a player in the 1935 Lions title team with I think more playing time then Flores as a player. Seems like Buddy has better stats then Tom.

Last edited:
Back