Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Calvin Johnson HOF

Also, you guys do realize you're actively making a case for Stafford as a HOF'er, right? If he plays 5-6 more years, averages 4,200 yards and 27TD/year his career numbers will DWARF most of the QB's in the HOF.

Last edited:
Stafford will be 5th/6th all time in TDs, probably top 5 in yards, picks have been curbed down since 2014 and on (Caldwell fixed him)

We will see how long the guy plays. Sure when Kelly tells him to retire he will

If Stafford wins in LA, he has a legit shot

Also, you guys do realize you're actively making a case for Stafford as a HOF'er, right? If he plays 5-6 more years, averages 4,200 yards and 27TD/year his career numbers will DWARF most of the QB's in the HOF.

Passing stats have changed so much over the past 10 years. Also, the QB position is more heavily judged by playoff success due to the QB having more control over wins and losses than any other position. Every QB in the HOF has playoff success. There isn't a single QB in the HOF that is winless in the playoffs.

All that said, I think he will probably win a few playoff games with the Rams. Probably not a SB though.

A few games? I bet its closer to zero. Like zero.

I think they will win some playoff games. That defense is really good and they have a good play caller on offense. Matt doesn't have to be very good there to win a playoff game.

5 Pro Bowls for Gore, 1 for Matt. You make a comparative point about Matt and his yards then maybe Flacco might be a HOF. Matt hasn't done anything so as of now he's not even close. Not at this time.

And the QB position is different. I just saw an article with best QB without a playoff win, Matt was 2. #1 was Andy Dalton, lol.

RB #1: Carries -- 2,965. Yards -- 13,065. YPC -- 4.3. RTD 81.

RB #2: Carries -- 2,949. Yards -- 12,120. YPC -- 4.1. RTD 91.

RB #3: Carries -- 2,936. Yards -- 12,739. YPC -- 4.3. RTD 77.

RB 3 is HOFer Tony Dorsett (12 seasons)

RB 2 is HOFer Franco Harris ("13" seasons)

RB 1 is Frank Gore, through 12 seasons.

Does anyone doubt that Franco is a HOFer? Or Dorsett? Had Frank retired in 2016, he'd be #10 all time in career rushing yards. Is that not good enough to get inducted? Ironically, we're not having this discussion, would that Gore had not averaged 733 yards a season from 2017-2020 at the ages from 34 to 37.

Last edited:
I think they will win some playoff games. That defense is really good and they have a good play caller on offense. Matt doesn't have to be very good there to win a playoff game.

You mean Jared Goff. 0-1 in playoffs this season.

You mean Jared Goff. 0-1 in playoffs this season.

Not sure, but didn't he play with a dislocated or broken thumb on his throwing hand?

But, point well taken. If Matt and the Rams get matched up with a far superior team / QB, they will likely lose. I just think that if he plays there for the next 5-6 years they will be in the playoff hunt every year and he will probably fall into at least one win???

Not sure, but didn't he play with a dislocated or broken thumb on his throwing hand?

But, point well taken. If Matt and the Rams get matched up with a far superior team / QB, they will likely lose. I just think that if he plays there for the next 5-6 years they will be in the playoff hunt every year and he will probably fall into at least one win???

Also sometimes teams might have a great D one year and not the next. Not sure what the Rams D will look like next season.

this is true. But they do have 2 all pro players in their prime.

It will be interesting.

One problem could be: Over the Cap estimates the 2021 salary cap will be $176 million, a decrease of $22.2 million or 11.2 percent from 2020.

5 Pro Bowls for Gore, 1 for Matt. You make a comparative point about Matt and his yards then maybe Flacco might be a HOF. Matt hasn't done anything so as of now he's not even close. Not at this time.

And the QB position is different. I just saw an article with best QB without a playoff win, Matt was 2. #1 was Andy Dalton, lol.

I'm not making a case for Stafford as a HOF'er. He isn't, nor would he be if his career continued as is. Just that his numbers, despite no playoff wins, will be up there with the all time greats when he retires (if he stays relatively healthy, which isn't a given). And if overall numbers is your argument, how does Gore get in and Stafford doesn't?

What if Stafford goes to a Super Bowl but gets blown out like KC did yesterday? Is he in then?

Damn it......it's turned into a Stafford discussion. FUCK.

I'm not making a case for Stafford as a HOF'er. He isn't, nor would he be if his career continued as is. Just that his numbers, despite no playoff wins, will be up there with the all time greats when he retires (if he stays relatively healthy, which isn't a given). And if overall numbers is your argument, how does Gore get in and Stafford doesn't?

What if Stafford goes to a Super Bowl but gets blown out like KC did yesterday? Is he in then?

Damn it......it's turned into a Stafford discussion. FUCK.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't it always.

Damn it......it's turned into a Stafford discussion. FUCK.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't it always.

It does, and I hate that.

How the F does anyone think Stafford will play 16 games in order to carry the team to the playoffs? Even IF he does, he will be hurt and the team will go on a losing streak that keeps them out of the playoffs as he tries yet again to battle through the injuries.

How the F does anyone think Stafford will play 16 games in order to carry the team to the playoffs? Even IF he does, he will be hurt and the team will go on a losing streak that keeps them out of the playoffs as he tries yet again to battle through the injuries.

Well, the Rams and the Lions do play next year, so he'll really only have to stay healthy for 15. We don't hit QB's.

But for his sake I hope the Rams don't play the Bucs. They might break Matt.

Damn it......it's turned into a Stafford discussion. FUCK.

If he turns the Rams into a legitimate contender like people are expecting then i think he does make the Hall.

If he fails miserably with that team then i think hes just the first in a long line of many who puts up a lot of yards in the new era passing league. He might be the first to get credit for it....but everyone is going to be putting up stats that compare to his.

Back