Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cedric Benson

Kevin Smith >>> Cedric Benson at this point imo. Smith just never stays healthy. Don't think there's much debate he's the more explosive runner though.

Then how do you measure a good RB?

Everything combined actually.

Someone who has been injury free, someone who has started. There are numerous ways to label a good RB. I'm not just looking at YPC to tell me the value of a good RB over a bad one...c'mon.

Benson has started in this league for a while. He has put up decent numbers in his career. Better yet, they have gotten better the last 3 years. He's stayed relatively healthy his whole career. Missed a few games but how many were due to suspensions? Yeah, he's a fn headcase, but i would take him all day over any scrub we have right now without even blinking an eye.

Hmmmmmm, maybe they did. Let's see what the retort from the Lions is after what Benson said. There's always something after a player "claims" another team "tried" to sign them.

I hope they did try and sign him. It shows us Lions fans that they finally mean fn business. Better than just just sitting on your hands and praying something goes well. Also, shows me that Best is done....that sucks though...

Last edited:
I get the injury part and what you're saying but out RB's, known as the craptacular, were better as a whole. What's so great about Benson? 3.8 sucks. I have no idea where it ranks but 3.8 stinks. And I also have no idea what kind of offensive line regards to rushing his former team had but I would think it was better purely by accident.

Hey Slick.

I get the injury part and what you're saying but out RB's, known as the craptacular, were better as a whole. What's so great about Benson? 3.8 sucks. I have no idea where it ranks but 3.8 stinks. And I also have no idea what kind of offensive line regards to rushing his former team had but I would think it was better purely by accident.

Hey Slick.

Lions and Bengals power #s for oline were pretty close to the same....they most likely pursued him for his durabilty , wanted a guy they could trust would stay healthy.

guys on this board clamored to go get Michael Bush this off season....he avg 3.8 per carry also.

Lions and Bengals power #s for oline were pretty close to the same....they most likely pursued him for his durabilty , wanted a guy they could trust would stay healthy.

guys on this board clamored to go get Michael Bush this off season....he avg 3.8 per carry also.

Point taken.

Hey Slick.

I didn't say he was great. I just said he was solid. Tell ya what...he's better than the garbage we have...that's a fact.

This conversation wouldn't even be taking place if that bandaid Best could stay healthy because as a whole, i like Best over Benson, but right now, give me Benson over Best. Best can't be trusted.

Last edited:
Well Felix Jones averages about 4-6 yards a carry but I wouldn't consider him a top NFL back.

Well Felix Jones averages about 4-6 yards a carry but I wouldn't consider him a top NFL back.

He's pretty good though. many worse options. But in the end, GB won't be better or worse with Benson.

I think they're better...3rd and 3 or 4 isn't automatically a passing down anymore. Not sure what cincy's offensive line was like compared to GB either, didn't watch too many Cincy games even though they were on TV every Sunday.

I think they're better...3rd and 3 or 4 isn't automatically a passing down anymore. Not sure what cincy's offensive line was like compared to GB either, didn't watch too many Cincy games even though they were on TV every Sunday.

I think you meant to says its not a running down anymore. Its GB. They pass on 3rd and 3 and 4. Most teams do now a days. Why trust Benson to get a 1st down when you have a Rodgers?

I think you meant to says its not a running down anymore. Its GB. They pass on 3rd and 3 and 4. Most teams do now a days. Why trust Benson to get a 1st down when you have a Rodgers?

You made my point for me...everyone expects you to throw on those downs, eepecially when you're the GB Packers with Aaron rogers...no reason they can't convert those easier with Ced Benson in the game and everyone expecting pass...should open the run up a lot.

He's pretty good though. many worse options. But in the end, GB won't be better or worse with Benson.

Felix Jones is a joke and Benson makes the running game better in GB. You don't see it....too bad.

Last edited:
Felix Jones is a joke and Benson makes the running game better in GB. You don't see it....too bad.

I didn't say the running game wouldn't be better. I said GB doesn't get better because of him. We just have a difference of opinion, the correct one and yours.

I didn't say the running game wouldn't be better. I said GB doesn't get better because of him. We just have a difference of opinion, the correct one and yours.

You're pretty much clueless, eh.

Look at GB's RB situation before Benson rolled into town..

John Kuhn, James Starks and Alex Green. Benson comes and Kuhn becomes the fulltime blocking back and the other 2 are irrelevant. Making the running game better on a football team makes the team better OVERALL. Clue the fuck in, man...

Teams who get better in the run game and defense historically are better football teams with better results.

GB is a better team with Benson on the their roster....he adds durabilty to their backfield something the Lions lack.

Last edited:
Back