Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cedric Benson

GB is a better team with Benson on the their roster....he adds durabilty to their backfield something the Lions lack.

This I can't argue with. Look at the teams that went after him, all had this common problem. We can argue about YPC and all that (I tend to agree with Mitch but Tony has an argument as a Benson fan) but his durability makes their RB position better.

This I can't argue with. Look at the teams that went after him, all had this common problem. We can argue about YPC and all that (I tend to agree with Mitch but Tony has an argument as a Benson fan) but his durability makes their RB position better.

No Benson fan here. Just a fan of a RB who doesn't get carried off the field on a stretcher.

Benson can pound the ball when the Packers have a lead. He definitely makes them better. He's a great back to have but not rely on.

Teams who get better in the run game and defense historically are better football teams with better results.

So they have to have both? Since GB has a shitty D your theory blows.

Your defense is better with a running game. The clock keeps moving. This makes Green Bay better overall, yes. By a lot? No. But you can't run a nickle or dime out there every play against them.

They win 14 with or without him. He just holds a roster spot and though he's better than what they had he doesn't turn the table with regards to winning games. Benson, lol. I guess we'll win more with Smith because he was better than Aaron Brown. Lol.

They win 14 with or without him. He just holds a roster spot and though he's better than what they had he doesn't turn the table with regards to winning games. Benson, lol. I guess we'll win more with Smith because he was better than Aaron Brown. Lol.

Attaboy...

Who said anything about winning more games with Benson? Way to turn that around..lol. My 11 year old step daughter realizes the Packers are a better team with Benson. Why don't you?

Take your lumps, bud...you're alone on this one.

Benson...lol ??? Kevin Smith :lmao::lmao:

Attaboy...

Who said anything about winning more games with Benson? Way to turn that around..lol. My 11 year old step daughter realizes the Packers are a better team with Benson. Why don't you?

Take your lumps, bud...you're alone on this one.

I said it all along. If they won't win more games, whats the point. At season's end you'll realize I'm right on this.

I said it all along. If they won't win more games, whats the point. At season's end you'll realize I'm right on this.

whats the point ??? seriously dude , stay on the Tigers board...when you attempt to talk football you're clueless.

And another thing. If the Packers win LESS than 14 games, Starks, Kuhn, Green and any other scrub are better than Benson? Is that what you're saying? God bless you, Mitch...lol.

Looks like the pressure is on Benson...lmfao. Oooo boy.

So they have to have both? Since GB has a shitty D your theory blows.

Don't be an idiot....having a better run game makes you a better team....having a better defense makes you a better team...having both would make you much improved. You can have one of the 2 and still be better. Stop stalling, you're wrong.

I hereby nominate Mitch for a "King of the Straw Man" custom under title, lol. Can we do that around here?

whats the point ??? seriously dude , stay on the Tigers board...when you attempt to talk football you're clueless.

Ah, the old clueless speech from Slick. Anytime anyone disagrees or has a different opinion. Like you can tell me Benson will make a difference, he never has in his whole career. And a team that passes first, and then passes second and third before they think about the run.

Last edited:
Ah, the old clueless speech from Slick. Anytime anyone disagrees or has a different opinion. Like you can tell me Benson will make a difference, he never has in his whole career. And a team that passes first, and then passes second and third before they think about the run.

you are clueless....Benson solidifies their run game , the guy is durable and still only 29...Packers no longer have to worry about the position...it's Benson and Starks...done.

while we as Lions fans get to take bets on what quarter of the Rams game Kevin Smith limps off the field and we get to be treated to the likes of Keiland Williams and company.

Bensons rushed for 1000+ yards multiple times in his career and is a downhill in between the tackles guy....

Pack ran the ball about 45% of their plays....395 rushing atts last year....He'll get 150+ touches.

Last edited:
you are clueless....Benson solidifies their run game , the guy is durable and still only 29...Packers no longer have to worry about the position...it's Benson and Starks...done.

while we as Lions fans get to take bets on what quarter of the Rams game Kevin Smith limps off the field and we get to be treated to the likes of Keiland Williams and company.

Bensons rushed for 1000+ yards multiple times in his career and is a downhill in between the tackles guy....

You guys make it sound the way you want. I understand he's better than what the Packers had, that Detroit has nothing and that he might rush for 1000 yards.

My original point was that at season's end IMO, no one will look and say GB won this many or won a SB and Benson was a big reason. You might disagree but you have no idea, yet.

IMO, he's had a lot of carries lately, at 29, even for a RB is a tad old.

Back