Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cedric Benson

You guys make it sound the way you want. I understand he's better than what the Packers had, that Detroit has nothing and that he might rush for 1000 yards.

My original point was that at season's end IMO, no one will look and say GB won this many or won a SB and Benson was a big reason. You might disagree but you have no idea, yet.

IMO, he's had a lot of carries lately, at 29, even for a RB is a tad old.

gimme a RB thats gonna be healthy all year and eat up 150+ carries on a pass first team and I'll be happy.

it's the reason the Lions tried to snap him up....

Ahmad Bradshaw only avg 3.9 ypc for the Giants last year...but Im sure Gmen fans will tell you he played a big part in their success...if Benson can come in , be a good teamate , take 150 - 200 carries , get 700 - 900 yds rushing and get in the end zone 5 - 8 times....thats something Id take here in a heartbeat.

Ahmad Bradshaw only avg 3.9 ypc for the Giants last year...but Im sure Gmen fans will tell you he played a big part in their success...if Benson can come in , be a good teamate , take 150 - 200 carries , get 700 - 900 yds rushing and get in the end zone 5 - 8 times....thats something Id take here in a heartbeat.

That's the gman. Sure we'd take it, we have the three headed DL.

Sorry I can't post a link from my phone but I read an article from CBS Detroit that said Benson turned down a contract from us and the raiders. He said he had big things in mind than just trying to win our first playoff game. So the team wanted him but he didn't want us.

That's the gman. Sure we'd take it, we have the three headed DL.

don't get sucked into the YPC bullshit......afterall Michael Bush was an attractive option in the off season . right ? pretty much same YPC as Cedric.

we'll see througa 16 game season how he does with the Pack....but I suspect a guy who got shunned for a few months has something to prove.

guaranteed he gets into the endzone vs the Lions...thats just how shit works out for us.

don't get sucked into the YPC bullshit......afterall Michael Bush was an attractive option in the off season . right ? pretty much same YPC as Cedric.

we'll see througa 16 game season how he does with the Pack....but I suspect a guy who got shunned for a few months has something to prove.

I would have been fine with Benson in Detroit. I might not think he's anything special but just on playing 16 games a year is an improvement over what we have.

I would have been fine with Benson in Detroit. I might not think he's anything special but just on playing 16 games a year is an improvement over what we have.

outside of the elite RBs in the NFL most of them are anything but special...especially now in the throw 1st QB driven League.

Sorry I can't post a link from my phone but I read an article from CBS Detroit that said Benson turned down a contract from us and the raiders. He said he had big things in mind than just trying to win our first playoff game. So the team wanted him but he didn't want us.

Thanks for showing up to the party, my friend, but you're a day late and a dollar short. ;)

Considering Best is out indefinitely and Leshoure is out the first two games and struggling with a strained hammy, the Lions are playing a dangerous game. K Smith can't seem to stay healthy. He gets hurt, and you're seeing Bell and K Williams starting against St. Louis. No one can say they wouldn't take Benson at that point.

benson.jpg

Without a doubt.

just watched replay of the Packs win....Benson ran well in his limited duty.

6 carries about 40 yds and a catch for 10 yds.

Back