Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cleveland Baseball Team to Change

The name is dumbo dumb. Did you see the logo yet, lol.

gball.png

Looks angelic to me.

I could see that.

It kinda struck me as a comic book hero aesthetic.

tested well with the 8-12 year-old boy demographic.

whatever billionaire grosero owns the Cleveland baseball team was just like "yeah fine whatever" as he left the branding meeting early to go bang one of his concubines, or demand a tax break from the city council

The two Guardians have different wings. Looks a bit more like the other one, but still not art deco enough

iu

There are more than 2 (4?)

And the wings continue on the structure

iu

The two Guardians have different wings. Looks a bit more like the other one, but still not art deco enough

iu

If that's what they were going for they should have used those. It would have made more sense.

I get the sense that this was an exercise in consensus conclusions, where no individual really supported this name and concept. Or, it was forced on the organization by outside influences and it capitulated. JMHO.

the guy IS holding a truck... a tanker truck. weird.

Standard Oil used to be based there... did Rockefeller commission those?

art deco styling has to be the most horrifying art movement of the 20th century.

Here's a history of them. there are actually 8 fa?ades, and they were functionally created to be giant broom closets for the team that hand-cleaned the bridge

sorry for the slideshow (link)

art deco styling has to be the most horrifying art movement of the 20th century.

They are the "Guardians of Traffic". Each holds a different vehicle.

When poorly executed, sure.

Back