Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

***Cowboys Talk***

Cowboys reach agreement with Jay ratliff. 5 year extension worth 40 million. He might deserve it but seems like that'll be another mistake down the line.

give Stafford 16 healthy games and he makes Romo look like Shaun Hill.

Cowboys won't win a thing with Romo. Trade him to Seattle for Tavaris Jackson.

SLICK said:

Well considering all we have to go on is Staffords college career and a 1 1/3rd NFL career that involves more picks than tds , a sub 55% completion rate and not even a season of 3,000 yards, I guess I'll put my faith in Romo. You can't deny the guy's numbers. If Dallas had a defense, he would have a ring by now.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Cowboys won't win a thing WITHOUT A DESCENT COACH OR DEFENSE.

fixed it for you

Beez said:
SLICK said:

Well considering all we have to go on is Staffords college career and a 1 1/3rd NFL career that involves more picks than tds , a sub 55% completion rate and not even a season of 3,000 yards, I guess I'll put my faith in Romo. You can't deny the guy's numbers. If Dallas had a defense, he would have a ring by now.

Dallas had the #9 ranked total defense in the NFL in 2009 , #2 ranked only giving up 15.6 ppg.....where's the ring ?

2007 and 2008 , they also had a top 10 ranked total defense.

where's the RINGS ?

SLICK said:
Beez said:

Dallas had the #9 ranked total defense in the NFL in 2009 , #2 ranked only giving up 15.6 ppg.....where's the ring ?

With a shotty secondary that gives up big plays in the clutch. Dallas hasnt had a good secondary in years. Newman is the most overrated DB in the league behind DeAngelo Hall and they havent had a good safety probably since Woodson left. Pats defense was good when they were winning titles...Saints D was in the top 2 or 3 in take aways when they won...Indys defense showed up in the playoffs and was great when they won...NYG road their D all the way past the Pats that year..Pittsburgh goes without saying...gotta have those guys. Tony has to get some of the blame as well but to say Dallas isn't winning because of him is in no way justified. Dallas would be lost without him. They were before him.

Beez said:
SLICK said:

With a shotty secondary that gives up big plays in the clutch. Dallas hasnt had a good secondary in years. Newman is the most overrated DB in the league behind DeAngelo Hall and they havent had a good safety probably since Woodson left. Pats defense was good when they were winning titles...Saints D was in the top 2 or 3 in take aways when they won...Indys defense showed up in the playoffs and was great when they won...NYG road their D all the way past the Pats that year..Pittsburgh goes without saying...gotta have those guys. Tony has to get some of the blame as well but to say Dallas isn't winning because of him is in no way justified. Dallas would be lost without him. They were before him.

#2 in the NFL in giving up only 15.6 ppg in 2009....dont lay any of that on the defense.

thats all on Homo.....

Romo is one of the biggest choke artists in the history of the league. You can have faith in him but the fact of the matter is when his team needs him to step up he crumbles like a bitch.

Cowboys will never win another Superbowl as long as Romo is QB and Jerry Jones is the GM.

PS: I now live in Cowboy country and feel like a pilgrim in an unholy land!

Cowboys playing the Jets 2nite. Is there enough room in a stadium for Rex Ryan and Jerry Jones???

Kind of funny that the Cowboys thread consists of one Cowboy fan talking to himself about the Cowboys and a bunch of Lions fans trashing the 'Boys...

Poor Tony Homo and the Cowgirls.

LOL Americas team.....my ass.

Beez said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Cowboys won't win a thing WITHOUT A DESCENT COACH OR DEFENSE.

fixed it for you

Lets see. Up by a TD, fumbles at the goaline. Tie game, throws pick. This is all on Romo. So I'll recite it again, Dallas won't win a thing with Romo.

Lol.

Romo blew the game.....woulda been a W if Kitna was starting
laugh.png

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Romo is one of the biggest choke artists in the history of the league. You can have faith in him but the fact of the matter is when his team needs him to step up he crumbles like a bitch.

Yep.. I ain't no dummy

The end of that Seattle-Dallas playoff game is still fresh in my mind...

Back