Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

***Cowboys Talk***

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Beez said:
take away the 1st year and a half of starting (which seems fair) and the ratio is much better.

Take away ten losses from last season and Detroit was undefeated. I can do that too.

This is what I would expect someone to say that doesnt have a valid point. How many 1st year starters come in and light the world on fire? He was thrown in the mix in 2006 and then got his 1st full year under him in 07. Why would you expect his numbers from those years to be great? The point is, he's gotten miles better since then and most of his bad rep comes from being a Dallas Cowboy.

ALL STATS BEFORE SUNDAY

ROMO'S 4TH QUARTER #'s

2006- 68/100 (68%) 4 tds 4 ints (middle of the year take over)

2007- 73/120 (61%) 10 tds 7 ints (1st full year)

2008- 51/82 (62%) 9 tds 1 int

2009- 100/157 (64%) 8 tds 2 ints

2010- 43/68 (63%) 3 tds 3 ints (Got hurt that year)

Career in 4th quarter- 335/527 (64%) 34 tds 17 ints

ROMO WHEN TRAILING

2006- 118/190 (62%) 10 tds 9 ints

2007- 150/242 (62%) 11 tds 10 ints

2008- 118/194 (61%) 11 tds 4 ints

2009- 136/223 (61%) 10 tds 4 ints

2010- 102/149 (69%) 6 tds 2 ints

Career when trailing-
624/998 (63%) 48 tds 29 ints

ROMO IN THE LAST 2 MIN OF THE HALF/GAME

2006- 31/46 (67%) 3 tds 0 ints

2007- 56-80 (70%) 6 tds 2 ints

2008- 40/64 (63%) 5 tds 3 ints

2009- 63/108 (58%) 8 tds 1 int

2010- 20/40 (50%) 2 tds 2 ints

Career in last 2 min.
210/338 (62%) 21 tds 9 ints

ROMO IN THE REDZONE

2006- 30/49 (61%) 13 tds 2 ints

2007- 39/74 (52%) 19 tds 3 ints

2008- 25/38 (66%) 15 tds 2 ints

2009- 40/74 (54%) 17 tds 3 ints

2010- 18-25 (72%) 8 tds 0 ints

Career in Redzone
152/260 (58%) 72 tds 10 ints

ROMO ON THE ROAD

2006- 110/164 (67%) 7 tds 4 ints

2007- 175/269 (65%) 16 tds 10 ints

2008- 124/202 (61%) 7 tds 8 ints

2009- 194/303 (64%) 12 tds 4 ints

2010 78/109 (72%) 6 tds 2 ints

Career on the road
681/1047 (65%) 48 tds 28 ints

His failures are just magnified for being a Cowboy and having sex with celebrities imo. Like I said, he's failed in big spots, but as well as he plays, most of those games should be locked up. I'm not claiming this guy is Brady or Manning but to say a team can't win because of him is ridiculous. This team NEVER wins in spite of Tony Romo, they only win because of him.

Dude, the guy blows. People gave shit to Peyton before he won a SB and still gets shit because he only won one. Romo has been around awhile and hasn't done jack and his makes make up some BS excuses. Yesterday was just another in a long line of fk ups by Romo.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Dude, the guy blows. People gave shit to Peyton before he won a SB and still gets shit because he only won one. Romo has been around awhile and hasn't done jack and his makes make up some BS excuses. Yesterday was just another in a long line of fk ups by Romo.

Yeah and obviously the people who gave shit to Peyton are fucking morons because he's one of the greatest QBs of all time. Without a superbowl ring he still would be. Football and baseball take an entire team to win a superbowl. Go put the best player on an average team and they probably dont win the superbowl.

Why doesn't Rivers get flac? Cupcake division, LT in his prime, vjax, Gates....nothing. Romo has an arguement to be a top 5 qb

Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Rivers,Romo,Ben..who's 5?

Romo is asked to carry his team. Their pass/run ratio gets ridiculous at times (as does Rivers) Is being a top 5-7 qb that dubious of an honor? He blows? Get the fuck out of here. If Stafford turns out to be as good as Tony Romo you'll be thrilled.

I don't count Vick as a top 5 qb. He had 1 really good year, but is no where close to having the passing ability as the above. He's a top 10 game changer/player but not flat out QB imo.

Romo chokes and you can see the mistakes about to happen before they actually happen, which makes them even worse. The Cowboys will NEVER win with Romo. Period. I have not heard a QB as savaged as Romo (I live in Texas now) since Scott Mitchell...

Beez said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Dude, the guy blows. People gave shit to Peyton before he won a SB and still gets shit because he only won one. Romo has been around awhile and hasn't done jack and his makes make up some BS excuses. Yesterday was just another in a long line of fk ups by Romo.

Why doesn't Rivers get flac? Cupcake division, LT in his prime, vjax, Gates....nothing. Romo has an arguement to be a top 5 qb

Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brees

Romo is asked to carry his team. Their pass/run ratio gets ridiculous at times (as does Rivers) Is being a top 5-7 qb that dubious of an honor? He blows? Get the fuck out of here. If Stafford turns out to be as good as Tony Romo you'll be thrilled.

I don't count Vick as a top 5 qb. He had 1 really good year, but is no where close to having the passing ability as the above. He's a top 10 game changer/player but not flat out QB imo.

When the game is on the line, name 1 QB in the NFL you don't want to have in a 2 minute drill to win the game..

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
Beez said:

Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brees

When the game is on the line, name 1 QB in the NFL you don't want to have in a 2 minute drill to win the game..

I can name a large amount I would take Romo over...I can tell you that. LIke I said the guy isn't Brady, Manning, Brees or Rodgers. I get that. I'm not making him a hall of famer. But he's a very good qb. He's better than about 75% of the league's starters. How much more can you hope to get? Should Dallas go get a "game manager" and hope they can keep it close for 4 quarters? When you draft a qb #1 overall don't you just hope he will end up a top end qb who can play? This guys is a top5-7 qb in a league where the top 4 are potential hall of famers.

Beez said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

I can name a large amount I would take Romo over...I can tell you that. LIke I said the guy isn't Brady, Manning, Brees or Rodgers. I get that. I'm not making him a hall of famer. But he's a very good qb. He's better than about 75% of the league's starters. How much more can you hope to get? Should Dallas go get a "game manager" and hope they can keep it close for 4 quarters? When you draft a qb #1 overall don't you just hope he will end up a top end qb who can play? This guys is a top5-7 qb in a league where the top 4 are potential hall of famers.

Romo is a stat compiler that puts up good stats when it does not matter. When the pressure's on, Romo disappears. QBs I'd take over Romo: Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Manning, Kolb, Stafford, Flacco, Brees, Cutler, Hasselback, Sanchez, Campbell, Rivers, Vick, Bradford, McCoy, Big Ben, Cassel, Ryan

tycobb420 said:
Beez said:

Romo is a stat compiler that puts up good stats when it does not matter. When the pressure's on, Romo disappears. QBs I'd take over Romo: Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Manning, Kolb, Stafford, Flacco, Brees, Cutler, Hasselback, Sanchez, Campbell, Rivers, Vick, Bradford, McCoy, Big Ben, Cassel, Ryan

That makes Romo #20!

tycobb420 said:
Beez said:

Your opinion no longer matters. That list is an absolute joke driven by hate for Romo instead of talent evaluation. CUTLER he says! Matt "we want the ball we're gonna score" Hasselbeck at age 90... Sanchez????, CAMPBELL? Kolb and Stafford? Bradford n Mccoy? What credentials do these guys have? They have none. Did you not see all of the crunch times stats I posted? This is fucking idiocy at its finest. Dont just throw up random names if you dont have reasoning behind them.

tycobb420 said:
Beez said:

I think you forgot Collins, Newton, McNabb, Dalton, TJax, Alex Smith, Fitzpatrick, Schaub, Freeman, Grossman, Orton, and Henne

Romneybot said:
tycobb420 said:

I think you forgot Collins, Newton, McNabb, Dalton, TJax, Alex Smith, Fitzpatrick, Schaub, Freeman, Grossman, Orton, and Henne

Jeff George?

Back