Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

***Cowboys Talk***

Romo put his team in position to win against NYJ at home. How many top qbs put up the numbers/points he did last night IN New York? Cowboys defense was depleated and gave up 300+ yards passing to Sanchez and also gave up a td on special teams...buuut Tony gets the blame. I understand him shouldering some of it, but come on now... I blame him more for the fumble than the int...Dez OBVIOUSLY ran the wrong route and at about 1/4 of the speed. Still Romo didnt come up with the big play in crunch time so he deserves some of it, but not many qb's would have even had his team in position to win that game imo.

Doesn't matter. He choked big time. Which its why he won't lead them to jack.

Good to see on various Cowboy forums fans arguing over Romo

Romneybot said:
Good to see on various Cowboy forums fans arguing over Romo

Yeah, everyone seems to be jumping ship. Look I understand it. People are frustrated with Romo's mistakes. The way I see it though, there arent QB's better than him laying around, and with a different QB I don't have confidence that Dallas even moves the ball on NYJ with their o-line and rushing game plans. He isn't a clutch qb, I get that completely..but the guy is still VERY good. Make a play for him. Don't let your punts get blocked for TD's.....don't allow 300+ yards passing to Mark fucking Sanchez...Hell even Jason Witten (Not that I'm blaming him at all) get in the endzone on that long pass play instead of slowing up and waiting for contact. Put your head down and go into Leonard. Little things like that. Obviously Tony needs to do a better job protecting the rock in crunch time, but like I said without him there is no crunch time. Look at Big Ben..that guy plays some awful halves of football but his defense usually shuts people down to keep him in the game. The defense didnt play well yesterday and he crumbled.

Big Ben can take his offense on a game winning drive when the game is on the line.. Romosexual has never accomplished that. He is an artist of throat obstruction.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Big Ben can take his offense on a game winning drive when the game is on the line.. Romosexual has never accomplished that. He is an artist of throat obstruction.

The point was Big Ben wouldn't even get to those situations if it weren't for his stellar defense half the time. That doesn't give Romo and excuse for not ocming through, just saying that people glorify a guy like Big Ben because he has big 4th quarters/game winning drives. Put him on Dallas' team with the kind of bad halves he has and they'd be out of it by the end of the 2nd quarter in a lot of cases. I know it's all what if at this point but I think Romo getss too much flac. This coming from a Cowboys fan surrounded by Cowboys fans who want the guy hung.

No Big Ben fan but two SB vs none. And the point isn't that the defense can or can't get you into those situations but what do you do when giving those game ending chances.

Big ben had nothing to do with the super bowl wins, he was awful. Also was agaisnt the cardinals and seahawks. God I hate the steelers. Last year was the best super bowl ever.

But anyway, romo and ben are complete opposites. Romo will 3 good quarters then a horrible 4th. Ben will be average all game then pull a late game td drive out of his ass.

You give me the guy who pulls the W out of his ass. And with his two SB, he pulled some nice completions out of his ass. What does 3 good quarters do if you can't pull something out of your ass and get a win.

Beez said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Big Ben can take his offense on a game winning drive when the game is on the line.. Romosexual has never accomplished that. He is an artist of throat obstruction.

The point was Big Ben wouldn't even get to those situations if it weren't for his stellar defense half the time. That doesn't give Romo and excuse for not ocming through, just saying that people glorify a guy like Big Ben because he has big 4th quarters/game winning drives. Put him on Dallas' team with the kind of bad halves he has and they'd be out of it by the end of the 2nd quarter in a lot of cases. I know it's all what if at this point but I think Romo getss too much flac. This coming from a Cowboys fan surrounded by Cowboys fans who want the guy hung.

You don't remember that game winning drive in the super bowl against Arizona?

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
Beez said:

You don't remember that game winning drive in the super bowl against Arizona?

Did I say Big ben didnt make clutch drives somewhere?

ALL STATS BEFORE SUNDAY

ROMO'S 4TH QUARTER #'s

2006- 68/100 (68%) 4 tds 4 ints (middle of the year take over)

2007- 73/120 (61%) 10 tds 7 ints (1st full year)

2008- 51/82 (62%) 9 tds 1 int

2009- 100/157 (64%) 8 tds 2 ints

2010- 43/68 (63%) 3 tds 3 ints (Got hurt that year)

Career in 4th quarter- 335/527 (64%) 34 tds 17 ints

ROMO WHEN TRAILING

2006- 118/190 (62%) 10 tds 9 ints

2007- 150/242 (62%) 11 tds 10 ints

2008- 118/194 (61%) 11 tds 4 ints

2009- 136/223 (61%) 10 tds 4 ints

2010- 102/149 (69%) 6 tds 2 ints

Career when trailing-
624/998 (63%) 48 tds 29 ints

ROMO IN THE LAST 2 MIN OF THE HALF/GAME

2006- 31/46 (67%) 3 tds 0 ints

2007- 56-80 (70%) 6 tds 2 ints

2008- 40/64 (63%) 5 tds 3 ints

2009- 63/108 (58%) 8 tds 1 int

2010- 20/40 (50%) 2 tds 2 ints

Career in last 2 min.
210/338 (62%) 21 tds 9 ints

ROMO IN THE REDZONE

2006- 30/49 (61%) 13 tds 2 ints

2007- 39/74 (52%) 19 tds 3 ints

2008- 25/38 (66%) 15 tds 2 ints

2009- 40/74 (54%) 17 tds 3 ints

2010- 18-25 (72%) 8 tds 0 ints

Career in Redzone
152/260 (58%) 72 tds 10 ints

ROMO ON THE ROAD

2006- 110/164 (67%) 7 tds 4 ints

2007- 175/269 (65%) 16 tds 10 ints

2008- 124/202 (61%) 7 tds 8 ints

2009- 194/303 (64%) 12 tds 4 ints

2010 78/109 (72%) 6 tds 2 ints

Career on the road
681/1047 (65%) 48 tds 28 ints

His failures are just magnified for being a Cowboy and having sex with celebrities imo. Like I said, he's failed in big spots, but as well as he plays, most of those games should be locked up. I'm not claiming this guy is Brady or Manning but to say a team can't win because of him is ridiculous. This team NEVER wins in spite of Tony Romo, they only win because of him.

You talk about defense too damn much. Who cares if the defense gives up 60 points a game. When he's in spots like he was on Sunday he needs to come through more.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]And 48 td and 29 int. Rate blows.

take away the 1st year and a half of starting (which seems fair) and the ratio is much better.

Beez said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]And 48 td and 29 int. Rate blows.

take away the 1st year and a half of starting (which seems fair) and the ratio is much better.

Take away ten losses from last season and Detroit was undefeated. I can do that too.

Back