Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cuomo FINALLY being criticized/Cuomo Resigns/CA Newsom Recall

as opposed to giving them an exemption from the legal prohibition of murder?

I've never understood why pro abortion people fixate on cases of rape and incest - they make up less than 1% of the 1mm babies murdered in the womb every year. I think it's because they believe it makes their position less morally repugnant.

You're dying to have this argument and I simply couldn't give a shit what you think about it. Nor do I wish to try and make you understand why I don't think it's a black and white issue. I just don't care.

The abortion debate is always a good one. I think it's wrong. That said, I think if a woman wants to get one in the very early stages of her pregnancy, she should have that right.

Considering Shapiro practices Orthodox Judaism and the Jews killed Jesus, I imagine he's not their champion, regardless of their similiar stances on gays and abortion.

Pope Benedict in 2011 stated the Jews did not kill Jesus.

Oh, and Happy Chanukah... you know, one of those thing Jesus celebrated, likely even greatly admired the Maccabees and was inspired by them during his life.

Oh, and Happy Chanukah... you know, one of those thing Jesus celebrated, likely even greatly admired the Maccabees and was inspired by them during his life.

Holy shit. Maybe if Tinsel would've posted it the satire would've been more obvious? We were talking about the Babylon Bee for crying out loud. lol..Y'all need a Snickers.

Holy shit. Maybe if Tinsel would've posted it the satire would've been more obvious? We were talking about the Babylon Bee for crying out loud. lol..Y'all need a Snickers.

Yeah, sorry...I missed the joke because it only resulted in the deaths of millions of Jews throughout the centuries. My bad. The Spanish Inquisition and Holocaust among many others...yep, so fucking funny!!!

Sorry I got worked up over such a trivial thing. We still have a whole 16 million Jews after all. Compared to the 1.6 billion Christians and 1.6 billion Muslims, I mean...that's pretty fucking funny!!!

Not to mention there are still many Christians who state such a thing in all seriousness as opposed to it being a joke. Hell, not even a Pope's decree has ended it amongst the more "devout" Christians who still use that comment for justifying their continued attacks against Jews.

But you are right... since it was "just a joke".

Merry Christmas

it's something that people don't realize has been debated for a while. One side points out that much of the New Testament was written at a time when criticizing the Roman Empire was a death sentence and that perhaps the Jews were scapegoated for something the Romans did.

You're dying to have this argument and I simply couldn't give a shit what you think about it. Nor do I wish to try and make you understand why I don't think it's a black and white issue. I just don't care.

Not really, there's not much of an argument to have - you're either for murdering the most innocent and defenseless humans or your against it. And I'm also not saying it's a black and white issue. I'm just pointing out 2 things - that opposition to abortion is based largely on science, not religion or politics. Opposition to abortion has grown in America while religious affiliation has been in decline. Technology has done more for the pro life movement than any church - multiple generations of kids have now grown up seeing ultrasound images of their siblings taped to the refrigerator and they know what that image is.

The other point is about the weakness of the rape and incest argument people hide behind - if they really believed that they'd be willing to limit the practice to cases of rape and incest. but they don't actually believe that, they just don't want to argue in favor of murdering babies as choice so they pretend the rarest of cases is the norm and use it to justify why everyone needs to have the choice to murder their unborn child.

Last edited:
Not really, there's not much of an argument to have - you're either for murdering the most innocent and defenseless humans or your against it. And I'm also not saying it's a black and white issue. I'm just pointing out 2 things - that opposition to abortion is based largely on science, not religion or politics. Opposition to abortion has grown in America while religious affiliation has been in decline. Technology has done more for the pro life movement than any church - multiple generations of kids have now grown up seeing ultrasound images of their siblings taped to the refrigerator and they know what that image is.

The other point is about the weakness of the rape and incest argument people hide behind - if they really believed that they'd be willing to limit the practice to cases of rape and incest. but they don't actually believe that, they just don't want to argue in favor of murdering babies as choice so they pretend the rarest of cases is the norm and use it to justify why everyone needs to have the choice to murder their unborn child.

I know maybe a dozen actual medical doctors, and I've gotten the sense that they're all pro-choice (when it's come up, they certainly mention abortion in a very matter-of-fact way, treating it as a medical procedure), and so they don't view this in any way, shape or form like you do. And they'd probably take an issue with you claiming you're using "science" to brand it murder.

Likely admired the Maccabees?

square that with "give unto Caesar..."

If you take the New Testament as fact, seems like Jesus was pretty consistently at odds with Jewish authorities, so I don't know about any of that.

But I would say blaming Judaism for killing Jesus is pointless & absurd, and getting upset about it, and using it to stigmatize an entire religion, or justify persecuting them is insane.

Likely admired the Maccabees?

square that with "give unto Caesar..."

If you take the New Testament as fact, seems like Jesus was pretty consistently at odds with Jewish authorities, so I don't know about any of that.

But I would say blaming Judaism for killing Jesus is pointless & absurd, and getting upset about it, and using it to stigmatize an entire religion, or justify persecuting them is insane.

IMO, with the Maccabees having defeated the Greeks roughly 200 years prior despite the Jewish authorities of their time not doing anything to inspire resistance, I tend to believe Jesus was somewhat frustrated with the leaders of his day similarly being more willing to not upset the Romans in that time. Jesus was calling out many other things, I would be shocked if he didn't call them out on this. Of course the eventual Roman wooing of Christians would want to edit and filter that as much as possible, to the point they minimalized Chanukah as much as possible.

This is based mostly on opinions from a lifetime of reconciling many aspects of Christianity and Judaism. Many actual events and understandings are lost to history, but I would love for a Dead Sea Scroll to one day be discovered that validates this as, IMO, it is a logical extrapolation of who Jesus was, what he was against, what he represented, and Judaic history of being too willing to not upset those who ruled over them. Heck, only 10% of Jews left Egypt with Moses because that was the 'safer' and 'less antagonistic' option.

I would not fault Jesus for being upset with the leaders of his time on that issue alone.

I know maybe a dozen actual medical doctors, and I've gotten the sense that they're all pro-choice (when it's come up, they certainly mention abortion in a very matter-of-fact way, treating it as a medical procedure), and so they don't view this in any way, shape or form like you do. And they'd probably take an issue with you claiming you're using "science" to brand it murder.

maybe, but they'd all be wrong. Considering baby murder is a lucrative business for some in the medical field, it's not at all surprising some might use their credentials to explain away the brutal dismembering of human beings as a mere "medical procedure." Good anecdote though, even though it's most likely made up, like most of your "I know a guy..." examples.

Last edited:

I got the satire.

And for the record, the Jews have not born the Cross of killing Jesus since Vatican II in 1965.

You probably knew that, but maybe not everybody does.

I got the satire.

And for the record, the Jews have not born the Cross of killing Jesus since Vatican II in 1965.

You probably knew that, but maybe not everybody does.

I know first hand that the narrative is repeated in NYC, by some Irish and Italians at a minimum. It is not the majority by any stretch, and finally getting to be less than 25% likely at this point, but the White Supremacy groups I believe also push the narrative still, though I do not know this first hand.

Yeah, sorry...I missed the joke because it only resulted in the deaths of millions of Jews throughout the centuries. My bad. The Spanish Inquisition and Holocaust among many others...yep, so fucking funny!!!

Sorry I got worked up over such a trivial thing. We still have a whole 16 million Jews after all. Compared to the 1.6 billion Christians and 1.6 billion Muslims, I mean...that's pretty fucking funny!!!

Not to mention there are still many Christians who state such a thing in all seriousness as opposed to it being a joke. Hell, not even a Pope's decree has ended it amongst the more "devout" Christians who still use that comment for justifying their continued attacks against Jews.

But you are right... since it was "just a joke".

Merry Christmas

I forgive you.

So just to clarify, are all Jewish jokes off the table? I would never make a holocaust joke, but it's clear by your reaction that biblical and Spanish Inquisition jokes seem equally egregious if not close to it and that surprises me. So I just want to be clear on where you draw the line. I've already stopped using the G D word for byco. I want to make sure I accommodate all the religions here.

I forgive you.

So just to clarify, are all Jewish jokes off the table? I would never make a holocaust joke, but it's clear by your reaction that biblical and Spanish Inquisition jokes seem equally egregious if not close to it and that surprises me. So I just want to be clear on where you draw the line. I've already stopped using the G D word for byco. I want to make sure I accommodate all the religions here.

Since nobody asked me to, I?ll put my two cents in, too.

My Jewish wife don?t know any Christians of any sect who consider Jewish people to be Christ killers.

She says it sounds kind of dumb.

She thinks she might vaguely recollect hearing it was a thing once upon a time.

Now, she don?t live in NYC, and ain?t never been exposed to the kind of Neanderthal Catholic micks and dagos who might harbor such types of inclinations.

Hope that was clarifying.

My Jewish wife don?t know any Christians of any sect who consider Jewish people to be Christ killers.

Even if they did, which it's been made quite clear in this thread they didn't (wasn't it the Romans? My catholic upbringing is very hazy), it was allegedly 2000+ years when it all went down. Have we not reached the statute of limitations on being able to joke about it, whether it be true or false?

Now, she don?t live in NYC, and ain?t never been exposed to the kind of Neanderthal Catholic micks and dagos who might harbor such types of inclinations.

Oh you.

Even if they did, which it's been made quite clear in this thread they didn't (wasn't it the Romans? My catholic upbringing is very hazy), it was allegedly 2000+ years when it all went down. Have we not reached the statute of limitations on being able to joke about it, whether it be true or false?

Oh you.

I hope so.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_s9CUgoWdc

For various, reason, I listen to the contemporary rock opera ?Jesus Christ Superstar? every Good Friday. The primary reason I do it is that I?m pretty weird, although I don?t think that that should come as much of a surprise to anyone here.

It depicts the story reflected in the Gospels about how Caiaphas and Annas, the high priests of Judaism in Jerusalem at the time, felt threatened by Jesus, and worked to expedite his execution/assassination by the Romans.

You?ve probably heard the rock opera before; obviously, if for some reason you haven?t, it?s some of the best music and lyrics ever written.

So the actions of the high priests as presented in the Gospels that led to the crucifixion of Jesus are the buttress for the idea that the Jews are ?Christ Killers.?

Last edited:
Since nobody asked me to, I?ll put my two cents in, too.

She thinks she might vaguely recollect hearing it was a thing once upon a time.

Hope that was clarifying.

The point everyone seems to be missing is Jesus dying on the cross for all Christians (or only true Catholics if you believe some here) sins to be forgiven was the whole point of his existence. Therefore...the Jews, or Romans, or Lee Harvey Oswald or whoever is responsible for killing him, actually did him and those mentioned earlier, a big favor. Maybe the nails through the feet was a bit much, but you can't argue with the results.

The point everyone seems to be missing is Jesus dying on the cross for all Christians (or only true Catholics if you believe some here) sins to be forgiven was the whole point of his existence. Therefore...the Jews, or Romans, or Lee Harvey Oswald or whoever is responsible for killing him, actually did him and those mentioned earlier, a big favor. Maybe the nails through the feet was a bit much, but you can't argue with the results.

Yeah, but that?s just how they did it in those days.

Back