Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

dee milliner? probably not

dtroitlionsfan951

i don't know why so many of you want dee milliner...i understand you don't get many corners outside the first couple of rounds..BUT you also really don't draft corners in the top 5..with the offensive and defensive line talent..you always build trenches first if the talent is available..

since the 2000 nfl draft...only 3 CB's have been selected in the top 5 of the draft..patrick peterson in 2011...quentin jammer..way back in 2002..and terrence newman in 2003..and none of them were selected higher than number 5...and i don't believe dee milliner was on any of their levels going into a draft

A couple reasons. One of these times we need to draft one and 2nd, DE are deep. I would not mind a LT but there might not be one available.

Last edited:
I would not take Millner. He's a good player, but he'd be the 2nd or 3rd CB in most drafts. You only take a CB that high if you think he's a once in every 5 year level talent at that position. Patrick Peterson was worthy of that pick. You take DE IMO, and depending on which of the 3 or 4 that are highly ranked that you like the best, you might even trade down a few spots and still get the guy at the top of your board.

I like him at 15 - on but taking him at 5 is batshit crazy. Just a weak top end this year. Decently deep, just not many sure fire consensus picks.

McDouche has him a t 2 , Kiper at 4 , Scott Wright at 5.....but the you tube scouts here want nothing to do with him.....kudos.

dudes a zone CB fits the system to a tee , starts here day 1.....Nah we don't need him

probably 25% shot they'd draft him...all depends how the board falls but CB in the first 2 rounds is a definite

Last edited:
McDouche has him a t 2 , Kiper at 4 , Scott Wright at 5.....but the you tube scouts here want nothing to do with him.....kudos.

dudes a zone CB fits the system to a tee , starts here day 1.....Nah we don't need him

probably 25% shot they'd draft him...all depends how the board falls but CB in the first 2 rounds is a definite

More power to them and you. As a prospect he doesn't compare to Peterson and Kirkpatrick.

More power to them and you. As a prospect he doesn't compare to Peterson and Kirkpatrick.

never said he did compare to either....you can't compare draft boards year after year because the talent level is different as you know at the elite positions.

he's dead solid consistent , only started for a year and hasn't even scratched his potential..well coached , NFL system and fits what the Lions system.

as of now Rangs the only mocker who has him outta the top 10 everyone else has him no lower then 6 of the guys who no anything.

watched Charles Davis on NFL Network talk him up and mock him to us...I'd have no issue with Milliner as the pick as I wouldn't with the LT or Werner.

fairley doesn't compare to watt either...you cant really compare drafts in different years. You even said yourself the draft isn't top heavy. The bottom line is our current starters are Bentley and bartell...now THAT is batshit crazy lol. We need to get better with the top 5 pick and Milliner would provide an immediate starter over the scrubs we currently have at cb.

Combine will paint a slightly clearer picture but the dlineman you are referring you tend to be sliding more than rising on a lot of the "experts" opinions. Joeckel would probably be my top choice at 5 right now but I think hed be gone. Milliner, Moore or Werner I put all in the same bucket....immediate need...day 1 starter. Warmack or Vaccarro if we could trade down to 10ish would be solid picks....immediate needs...day 1 starters....plus you gain a pick somewhere. Ansah if we could trade down to 15-20.

never said he did compare to either....you can't compare draft boards year after year because the talent level is different as you know at the elite positions.

he's dead solid consistent , only started for a year and hasn't even scratched his potential..well coached , NFL system and fits what the Lions system.

as of now Rangs the only mocker who has him outta the top 10 everyone else has him no lower then 6 of the guys who no anything.

watched Charles Davis on NFL Network talk him up and mock him to us...I'd have no issue with Milliner as the pick as I wouldn't with the LT or Werner.

No doubt he's a good player. He could step in on day 1 like you said but has a lower ceiling than what a top 5 corner should have. Not knocking him, just my 2 cents...

Mocks and rankings mean SFA before the combine. That being said we could do worse than Milliner. Our secondary is already criminally bad and we could lose Houston before the draft starts. Personally I think Ezekiel is the Ansah but that is coming from a self professed youtube scout.

Mocks and rankings mean SFA before the combine. That being said we could do worse than Milliner. Our secondary is already criminally bad and we could lose Houston before the draft starts. Personally I think Ezekiel is the Ansah but that is coming from a self professed youtube scout.

I like what ive read/watched from ansah too. problem with him is the same problem I have with margus hunt....everyone speaks so highly of them but then you look at their stats and they haven't done much vs inferior competition. combine will be huge for guys like them but then the scouts/gms will have to determine if they are just workout warriors or if all those skills actually translate onto the tape.

Eziekiel is the ansah.. Yep just lol'd

Eziekiel is the ansah.. Yep just lol'd

Good:
dude runs a 10.9 100m and 21 sec 200 m....ridiculous for his size lol

Ezekiel Ansah - DL - Player Former NFL GM and current Senior Bowl director Phil Savage suggested that BYU DE Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah could be an NFL answer for athletic, read-option quarterbacks.
Ansah has an 82-plus-inch wingspan at 6-foot-5, 274, and is considered the best "in pursuit" player in the 2013 draft class. "Teams are so desperate to adjust what they're doing for all these read-option quarterbacks," said Savage. "You're going to need guys on the defensive line who can chase those guys down. Ansah is that guy." We like Ansah's chances of being a top-ten pick.
Source: Yahoo Sports Feb 18 - 3:20 PM

Bad:

4.5 sacks in 3 years playing shitty teams at BYU.

Last edited:
Ezekiel Ansah - DL - Player Former NFL GM and current Senior Bowl director Phil Savage suggested that BYU DE Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah could be an NFL answer for athletic, read-option quarterbacks.
Ansah has an 82-plus-inch wingspan at 6-foot-5, 274, and is considered the best "in pursuit" player in the 2013 draft class. "Teams are so desperate to adjust what they're doing for all these read-option quarterbacks," said Savage. "You're going to need guys on the defensive line who can chase those guys down. Ansah is that guy." We like Ansah's chances of being a top-ten pick.
Source: Yahoo Sports Feb 18 - 3:20 PM

He absolutely killed the Senior Bowl game which Schwartzy coached. 6 tackles 3.5 TFL 1 FF 1 Pass Defended 1.5 sacks.

Yep. I have a feeling that Schwartz and Gunther have a hard on for the kid.

Same. I watched the game and he got more PT than any other d-lineman, almost like an extended audition. I know he's mocked much later, we'll see how he trends after the combine.

that's nice and all..but you still have to draft for your value..i'm sure there's alot of mid to late first round picks that would be solid players in our system...at 5 you look for league elite's...not solid starters..

i believe scott wright has him at 13

that's nice and all..but you still have to draft for your value..i'm sure there's alot of mid to late first round picks that would be solid players in our system...at 5 you look for league elite's...not solid starters..

theres 2 elite players in this years draft. warmack and joeckel....which one are you suggesting we take?

Back